- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 616507, 18 pages
Robust Dynamic Output Feedback Control Synthesis with Pole Placement Constraints for Offshore Wind Turbine Systems
Department of Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Science, University of Agder, 4879 Grimstad, Norway
Received 7 June 2012; Accepted 21 September 2012
Academic Editor: Zidong Wang
Copyright © 2012 Tore Bakka and Hamid Reza Karimi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- EWEA, “Wind Industry Factsheet,” Tech. Rep., European Wind Energy Association (EWEA), 2004.
- Y. D. Song, B. Dhinakaran, and X. Y. Bao, “Variable speed control of wind turbines using nonlinear and adaptive algorithms,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 85, no. 3, pp. 293–308, 2000.
- R. Melcioa, V. M. F. Mendesc, and J. P. S. Cataloa, “Comparative study of power converter topologies and control strategies for the harmonic performance of variable-speed wind turbine generator systems,” Energy, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 520–529, 2011.
- A. Kusiak, W. Li, and Z. Song, “Dynamic control of wind turbines,” Renewable Energy, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 456–463, 2010.
- A. Kusiak and Z. Zhang, “Control of wind turbine power and vibration with a data-driven approach,” Renewable Energy, vol. 43, pp. 73–82, 2012.
- R. Eide and H. R. Karimi, “Control design methodologies for vibration mitigation on wind turbine systems,” in Vibration Control, F. Beltran-carbajal, Ed., pp. 217–242, INTECH.
- H. R. Karimi and T. Bakka, “Stochastic Analysis and Control ofWind Turbine Systems with Wireless Sensor Networks,” in Proceedings of the 24th International Congress on Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics Engineering Management, pp. 1086–1095, 2011.
- H. R. Karimi, “Wavelet-based optimal control of a wind turbine system: a computational approach,” Journal of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 171–186, 2011.
- F. D. Bianchi, H. de Battista, and R. J. Mantz, Wind Turbine Control Systems, Springer, 2007.
- C. W. Taylor, F. R. Nassief, and R. L. Cresap, “Northwest power pool transient stability and load shedding controls for generation-load imbalances,” IEEE transactions on power apparatus and systems, vol. 100, no. 7, pp. 3486–3495, 1981.
- A. Mullane, G. Lightbody, and R. Ya, “Adaptive control of variable speed wind turbines,” Revue Des Energies Renouveables: Power Engineering, pp. 101–110, 2001.
- F. Valenciaga, P. F. Puleston, P. E. Battaiotto, and R. J. Mantz, “An adaptive feedback linearization strategy for variable speed wind energy conversion systems,” International Journal of Energy Research, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 151–161, 2000.
- M. Steinbuch and O. H. Bosqra, “Optimal output feedback of a wind energy conversion system,” in Proceedings of the Power Systems Modelling and Control Applications, A. J. Calvaer, Ed., IFAC Proceeding series, pp. 313–319, September 1988.
- R. Rocha, L. S. Martins Filho, and M. V. Bortolus, “Optimal multivariable control for wind energy conversion system - A comparison between and controllers,” in Proceedings of the 44th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, and the European Control Conference, (CDC-ECC '05), pp. 7906–7911, December 2005.
- T. Bakka, H. R. Karimi, and N. A. Duffie, “Gain scheduling for output control of offshore wind turbine,” in Proceedings of the 22nd International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference, pp. 496–501, Rhodes, Greece, June 2012.
- T. Bakka and H. R. Karimi, “Robust output feedback control synthesis with pole placement for offshore wind turbine system: an LMI approach,” in IEEE International Conference on Control Applications (CCA '12), Dubrovnik, Croatia, October 2012.
- T. Bakka and H. R. Karimi, “Mixed / control design for wind turbine system with pole placement constraints,” in Proceedings of the 31st Chinese Control Conference, pp. 4775–4780, Hefei, China, July 2012.
- T. J. Larsen, “How 2 HAWC2, the users manual,” Ris-R-1597(ver. 3–9)(EN), 2009.
- J. Jonkman and M. L. Buhl Jr., “FAST Users Guide,” Tech. Rep. NREL/EL-500-38230, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, 2005.
- C. L. Bottasso and A. Croce, Cp-Lambda User Manual, Dipartimento di Ingnegneria Aerospaziale, Politecnico di Milano, Milano, Italy, 2009.
- J. Jonkman, S. Butterfield, W. Musial, and G. Scott, “Definition of a 5-MW referencewind turbine for offshore system development,” Tech. Rep. NREL/TP-500-38060, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, 2009.
- J. Lfberg, “YALMIP: a toolbox for modeling and optimization in MATLAB,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Computer Aided Control Systems Design, (CACSD '04), pp. 284–289, Taipei, Taiwan, 2004.
- C. Scherer, P. Gahinet, and M. Chilali, “Multiobjective output-feedback control via LMI optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 896–911, 1997.
- P. P. Khargonekar, I. R. Petersen, and K. Zhou, “Robust stabilization of uncertain linear systems: quadratic stabilizability and H∞ control theory,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 356–361, 1990.
- M. Chilali and P. Gahinet, “ design with pole placement constraints: an LMI approach,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 358–367, 1996.
- B. J. Jonkman, “TurbSim User's Guide: Version 1.50,” Tech. Rep. NREL/EL-500-46198, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, 2009.
- Z. Wang, D. W. C. Ho, H. Dong, and H. Gao, “Robust finite-horizon control for a class of stochastic nonlinear time-varying systems subject to sensor and actuator saturations,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 1716–1722, 2010.
- H. Dong, Z. Wang, D. W. C. Ho, and H. Gao, “Robust fuzzy output-feedback control with multiple probabilistic delays and multiple missing measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 712–725, 2010.
- H. Dong, Z. Wang, and H. Gao, “Robust filtering for a class of nonlinear networked systems with multiple stochastic communication delays and packet dropouts,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 1957–1966, 2010.
- B. Shen, Z. Wang, H. Shu, and G. Wei, “Robust finite-horizon filtering with randomly occurred nonlinearities and quantization effects,” Automatica, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 1743–1751, 2010.
- B. Shen, Z. Wang, H. Shu, and G. Wei, “ filtering for nonlinear discrete-time stochastic systems with randomly varying sensor delays,” Automatica, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 1032–1037, 2009.