- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 620972, 13 pages
Entry, Competition, and Regulation in Cognitive Radio Scenarios: A Simple Game Theory Model
Departamento de Comunicaciones, Universitat Politècnica de València, 46022 València, Spain
Received 2 October 2012; Accepted 7 November 2012
Academic Editor: Matjaz Perc
Copyright © 2012 Luis Guijarro et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- FCC, “Promoting Efficient Use of Spectrum Through Elimination of Barriers to the Development of Secondary Markets,” no. FCC 04-167, 2004.
- M. M. Buddhikot, “Understanding dynamic spectrum access: Models, taxonomy and challenges,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Symposium on New Frontiers in Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks, pp. 649–663, April 2007.
- H. Kim and K. Shin, “Understanding Wi-Fi 2.0: from the economical perspective of wireless service providers,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 41–46, 2010.
- D. Niyato and E. Hossain, “Competitive spectrum sharing in cognitive radio networks: a dynamic game approach,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 2651–2660, 2008.
- J. Jia and Q. Zhang, “Competitions and dynamics of duopoly wireless service providers in dynamic spectrum market,” in Proceedings of the 9th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing 2008 (MobiHoc '08), pp. 313–322, May 2008.
- L. Duan, J. Huang, and B. Shou, “Competition with dynamic spectrum leasing,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on New Frontiers in Dynamic Spectrum (DySPAN '10), April 2010.
- H. Le Cadre and M. Bouhtou, “Modelling MNO and MVNOs dynamic interconnection relations: is cooperative content investment profitable for both providers?” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 193–217, 2012.
- J. Wardrop, “Some theoretical aspects of road traffic research,” Proceedings of the Institute of Civil Engineers, vol. 1, pp. 325–378, 1952.
- P. Bernhard, “ESS, population games, replicator dynamics: dynamics and games if not dynamic games,” in Advances in Dynamic Games, vol. 11, pp. 291–311, 2011.
- Z. Wang, A. Szolnoki, and M. Perc, “Evolution of public cooperation on interdependent networks: the impact of biased utility functions,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 97, no. 4, p. 48001, 2012.
- A. Szolnoki and M. Perc, “Resolving social dilemmas on evolving random networks,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 86, no. 3, p. 30007, 2009.
- M. Osborne, An Introduction to Game Theory, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- E. Altman, T. Boulogne, R. El-Azouzi, T. Jiménez, and L. Wynter, “A survey on networking games in telecommunications,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 286–311, 2006.
- D. Niyato and E. Hossain, “Competitive pricing for spectrum sharing in cognitive radio networks: dynamic game, inefficiency of nash equilibrium, and collusion,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 192–202, 2008.
- P. Reichl, B. Tuffin, and R. Schatz, “Logarithmic laws in service quality perception: where microeconomics meets psychophysics and quality of experience,” Telecommunication Systems. In press.
- P. Maillé and B. Tuffin, “Analysis of price competition in a slotted resource allocation game,” in Proceedings of the 27th IEEE Communications Society Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '08), pp. 1561–1569, April 2008.
- H. Varian, Microeconomic Analysis, Norton, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- K. Papadimitriou and E. Koutsoupias, “Worst-case equilibria,” in Proceedings of the Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Computer Science (STACS '99), pp. 404–413, 1999.
- E. Altman, U. Ayesta, and B. Prabhu, “Load balancing in processor sharing systems,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 47, pp. 35–48, 2011.
- B. Yolken and N. Bambos, “Game based capacity allocation for utility computing environments,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 47, pp. 165–181, 2011.
- M. Perc and A. Szolnoki, “Coevolutionary games-a mini review,” BioSystems, vol. 99, no. 2, pp. 109–125, 2010.