- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 623426, 20 pages
Fault-Reconstruction-Based Cascaded Sliding Mode Observers for Descriptor Linear Systems
1Research Institute of Intelligent Control and Systems, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150001, China
2Faculty of Engineering and Science, University of Agder, 4898 Grimstad, Norway
Received 25 May 2012; Accepted 8 July 2012
Academic Editor: Zidong Wang
Copyright © 2012 Jinyong Yu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Chen and R. J. Patton, Robust Model-Based Fault Diagnosis for Dynamic Systems, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999.
- H. Dong, Z. D. Wang, and H. J. Gao, “Fault detection for Markovian jump systems with sensor saturations and randomly varying nonlinearities,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, vol. PP, no. 99, pp. 1–8, 2012.
- R. Martínez-Guerra and S. Diop, “Diagnosis of nonlinear systems using an unknown-input observer: an algebraic and differential approach,” IEE Proceedings: Control Theory and Applications, vol. 151, no. 1, pp. 130–135, 2004.
- S. Mondal, G. Chakraborty, and K. Bhattacharyya, “Unknown input nonlinear observer for component fault detection and isolation of dynamic systems,” International Journal of Automation and Control, vol. 3, no. 2-3, pp. 154–170, 2009.
- B. Chen and S. Nagarajaiah, “Linear-matrix-inequality-based robust fault detection and isolation using the eigenstructure assignment method,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 1831–1835, 2007.
- J. Hu, Z. D. Wang, Y. Niu, and S. K. Lampros, “ sliding mode observer design for a class of nonlinear discrete time-delay systems: a delay-fractioning approach,” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control. In press.
- B. Shen, Z. Wang, H. Shu, and G. Wei, “On nonlinear filtering for discrete-time stochastic systems with missing measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 2170–2180, 2008.
- X. He, Z. Wang, and D. H. Zhou, “Robust fault detection for networked systems with communication delay and data missing,” Automatica, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 2634–2639, 2009.
- X. He, Z. Wang, Y. D. Ji, and D. H. Zhou, “Robust fault detection for networked systems with distributed sensors,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 166–177, 2011.
- H. Ye, G. Wang, and S. X. Ding, “A new parity space approach for fault detection based on stationary wavelet transform,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 281–287, 2004.
- T. Jiang, K. Khorasani, and S. Tafazoli, “Parameter estimation-based fault detection, isolation and recovery for nonlinear satellite models,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 799–808, 2008.
- G. R. Duan, D. Howe, and R. J. Patton, “Robust fault detection in descriptor linear systems via generalized unknown input observers,” International Journal of Systems Science, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 369–377, 2002.
- P. Zhang and S. X. Ding, “Fault detection of descriptor systems,” in Proceedings of the 6th IFAC Symposium on Fault Detection, Supervision and Safety of Technical Processes (SAFEPROCESS '06), pp. 378–383, September 2006.
- B. Marx, D. Koenig, and D. Georges, “Robust fault diagnosis for descriptor systems—a coprime factorization approach,” in Proceedings of the 6th IFAC Symposium on Fault Detection, Supervision and Safety of Technical Processeses (SAFEPROCESS '03), pp. 507–512, 2003.
- D. Koenig, S. Mammar, and B. Marx, “ fault detection and isolation for descriptor systems: a matrix inequalities approach,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pp. 1080–1081, May 2002.
- B. Marx, D. Koenig, and J. Ragot, “Design of observers for Takagi-Sugeno descriptor systems with unknown inputs and application to fault diagnosis,” IET Control Theory and Applications, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 1487–1495, 2007.
- C. Edwards, S. K. Spurgeon, and R. J. Patton, “Sliding mode observers for fault detection and isolation,” Automatica, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 541–553, 2000.
- W. Chen and M. Saif, “Actuator fault diagnosis for uncertain linear systems using a high-order sliding-mode robust differentiator (HOSMRD),” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 18, no. 4-5, pp. 413–426, 2008.
- C. P. Tan and C. Edwards, “Sliding mode observers for robust detection and reconstruction of actuator and sensor faults,” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 443–463, 2003.
- C. P. Tan, F. Crusca, and M. Aldeen, “Extended results on robust state estimation and fault detection,” Automatica, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 2027–2033, 2008.
- K. Y. Ng, C. P. Tan, C. Edwards, and Y. C. Kuang, “New results in robust actuator fault reconstruction for linear uncertain systems using sliding mode observers,” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 17, no. 14, pp. 1294–1319, 2007.
- T. Floquet, C. Edwards, and S. K. Spurgeon, “On sliding mode observers for systems with unknown inputs,” International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, vol. 21, no. 8-9, pp. 638–656, 2007.
- K. Kalsi, J. Lian, S. Hui, and S. H. Żak, “Sliding-mode observers for systems with unknown inputs: a high-gain approach,” Automatica, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 347–353, 2010.
- Z. Gao and H. Wang, “Descriptor observer approaches for multivariable systems with measurement noises and application in fault detection and diagnosis,” Systems and Control Letters, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 304–313, 2006.
- Q. P. Ha and H. Trinh, “State and input simultaneous estimation for a class of nonlinear systems,” Automatica, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 1779–1785, 2004.
- Z. Gao and S. X. Ding, “Sensor fault reconstruction and sensor compensation for a class of nonlinear state-space systems via a descriptor system approach,” IET Control Theory and Applications, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 578–585, 2007.
- B. Shafai, C. T. Pi, and S. Nork, “Simultaneous disturbance attenuation and fault detection using proportional integral observers,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pp. 1647–1649, May 2002.
- Z. Gao and S. X. Ding, “Fault estimation and fault-tolerant control for descriptor systems via proportional, multiple-integral and derivative observer design,” IET Control Theory and Applications, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 1208–1218, 2007.
- D. Koenig, “Unknown input proportional multiple-integral observer design for linear descriptor systems: application to state and fault estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 212–217, 2005.
- J. Hu, Z. Wang, H. Gao, and L. K. Stergioulas, “Robust sliding mode control for discrete stochastic systems with mixed time delays, randomly occurring uncertainties, and randomly occurring nonlinearities,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 59, no. 7, Article ID 6022791, pp. 3008–3015, 2012.
- T. K. Yeu, H. S. Kim, and S. Kawaji, “Fault detection, isolation and reconstruction for descriptor systems,” Asian Journal of Control, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 356–367, 2005.
- J. Yu and Z. Liu, “Fault reconstruction based on sliding mode observer for linear descriptor systems,” in Proceedings of the 7th Asian Control Conference (ASCC '09), pp. 1132–1137, August 2009.
- J. Y. Yu and Z. Y. Liu, “Sliding mode observer-based fault reconstruction for uncertain descriptor linear systems,” Journal of Central South University, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 273–276, 2009.
- J. Qiu, G. Feng, and J. Yang, “A new design of delay-dependent robust filtering for discrete-time T—S fuzzy systems with time-varying delay,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1044–1058, 2009.
- J. Qiu, G. Feng, and H. Gao, “Nonsynchronized-State estimation of multichannel networked nonlinear systems with multiple packet dropouts Via TS Fuzzy-Affine dynamic models,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 75–90, 2011.
- H. Dong, Z. Wang, J. Lam, and H. Gao, “Fuzzy-model-based robust fault detection with stochastic mixed time delays and successive packet dropouts,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 42, no. 2, Article ID 6020813, pp. 365–376, 2012.