- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 634326, 17 pages
Extension of Axiomatic Design Method for Fuzzy Linguistic Multiple Criteria Group Decision Making with Incomplete Weight Information
School of Business Administration, China University of Petroleum, Beijing 102249, China
Received 20 September 2012; Accepted 9 November 2012
Academic Editor: J. J. Judice
Copyright © 2012 Ming Li. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Kahraman, S. Çevik, N. Y. Ates, and M. Gülbay, “Fuzzy multi-criteria evaluation of industrial robotic systems,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 414–433, 2007.
- E. E. Karsak, “Distance-based fuzzy MCDM approach for evaluating flexible manufacturing system alternatives,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 40, no. 13, pp. 3167–3181, 2002.
- B. L. Foote, A. Ravindran, and S. Lashine, “Production planning & scheduling. Computational feasibility of multi-criteria models of production, planning and scheduling,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 15, no. 1–4, pp. 129–138, 1988.
- H. K. Chiou and G. H. Tzeng, “Fuzzy multiple-criteria decision-making approach for industrial green engineering,” Environmental Management, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 816–830, 2002.
- R. Kodali and G. Anand, “Application of analytic network process for the design of flexible manufacturing systems,” Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, vol. 11, no. 1-2, pp. 39–54, 2010.
- T. C. Hsia, H. T. Chen, and W. H. Chen, “Measuring the readability performance (RP) of aircraft maintenance technical orders by fuzzy MCDM method and RP index,” Quality and Quantity, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 795–807, 2008.
- M. A. E. Nik, N. Khademolhosseini, M. H. Abbaspour-Fard, A. Mahdinia, and K. Alami-Saied, “Optimum utilisation of low-capacity combine harvesters in high-yielding wheat farms using multi-criteria decision making,” Biosystems Engineering, vol. 103, no. 3, pp. 382–388, 2009.
- M. Li, L. Liu, and C. B. Li, “An approach to expert recommendation based on fuzzy linguistic method and fuzzy text classification in knowledge management systems,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 8586–8596, 2011.
- G. Büyüközkan and D. Ruan, “Evaluation of software development projects using a fuzzy multi-criteria decision approach,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 77, no. 5-6, pp. 464–475, 2008.
- R. A. Ribeiro, A. M. Moreira, P. van den Broek, and A. Pimentel, “Hybrid assessment method for software engineering decisions,” Decision Support Systems, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 208–219, 2011.
- H. K. Jain, M. R. Tanniru, and B. Fazlollahi, “MCDM approach for generating and evaluating alternatives in requirement analysis,” Information Systems Research, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 223–239, 1991.
- M. Pirdashti, A. Ghadi, M. Mohammadi, and G. Shojatalab, “Multi-criteria decision-making selection model with application to chemical engineering management decisions,” Proceedings of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 37, pp. 54–59, 2009.
- X. P. Jia, F. Y. Han, and X. S. Tan, “Integrated environmental performance assessment of chemical processes,” Computers and Chemical Engineering, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 243–247, 2004.
- T. Y. Hsieh, S. T. Lu, and G. H. Tzeng, “Fuzzy MCDM approach for planning and design tenders selection in public office buildings,” International Journal of Project Management, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 573–584, 2004.
- J. Ma, J. Lu, and G. Zhang, “Decider: A fuzzy multi-criteria group decision support system,” Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 23–31, 2010.
- L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy sets,” Information and Computation, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 338–353, 1965.
- F. Herrera and L. Martínez, “A 2-tuple fuzzy linguistic representation model for computing with words,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 746–752, 2000.
- T.-C. Chu and Y. Lin, “An extension to fuzzy MCDM,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 445–454, 2009.
- Y. Deng and F. T. S. Chan, “A new fuzzy dempster MCDM method and its application in supplier selection,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 9854–9861, 2011.
- J. F. Ding and G. S. Liang, “Using fuzzy MCDM to select partners of strategic alliances for liner shipping,” Information Sciences, vol. 173, no. 1–3, pp. 197–225, 2005.
- C. T. Chen, C. T. Lin, and S. F. Huang, “A fuzzy approach for supplier evaluation and selection in supply chain management,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 102, no. 2, pp. 289–301, 2006.
- C. Carlsson, “Tackling an MCDM-problem with the help of some results from fuzzy set theory,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 270–281, 1982.
- C. C. Sun, “A performance evaluation model by integrating fuzzy AHP and fuzzy TOPSIS methods,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 37, no. 12, pp. 7745–7754, 2010.
- C. C. Sun, G. T. R. Lin, and G. H. Tzeng, “The evaluation of cluster policy by fuzzy MCDM: Empirical evidence from HsinChu Science Park,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 11895–11906, 2009.
- C.-C. Chou, “A fuzzy MCDM method for solving marine transshipment container port selection problems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 186, no. 1, pp. 435–444, 2007.
- C. H. Cheng, “Evaluating weapon systems using ranking fuzzy numbers,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 107, no. 1, pp. 25–35, 1999.
- C.-C. Hon, Y.-Y. Guh, K.-M. Wang, and E. S. Lee, “Fuzzy multiple attributes and multiple hierarchical decision making,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 109–119, 1996.
- C. T. Chen, “Extensions of the TOPSIS for group decision-making under fuzzy environment,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2000.
- S. Opricovic, Multicriteria Optimization of Civil Engineering Systems, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Belgrade, Serbia, 1998.
- S. Opricovic, “Fuzzy VIKOR with an application to water resources planning,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 12983–12990, 2011.
- D. Y. Chang, “Applications of the extent analysis method on fuzzy AHP,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 95, no. 3, pp. 649–655, 1996.
- M. Goumas and V. Lygerou, “Extension of the PROMETHEE method for decision making in fuzzy environment: ranking of alternative energy exploitation projects,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 123, no. 3, pp. 606–613, 2000.
- W. H. Chen, M. S. Tsai, and H. L. Kuo, “Distribution system restoration using the hybrid fuzzy-grey method,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 199–205, 2005.
- N. P. Suh and S. Sekimoto, “Design of thinking design machine,” Annals of the CIRP, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 145–148, 1990.
- N. P. Suh, Axiomatic Design: Advance and Applications, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- B. Babic, “Axiomatic design of flexible manufacturing systems,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 1159–1173, 1999.
- O. Kulak, “A decision support system for fuzzy multi-attribute selection of material handling equipments,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 310–319, 2005.
- O. Kulak and C. Kahraman, “Fuzzy multi-attribute selection among transportation companies using axiomatic design and analytic hierarchy process,” Information Sciences, vol. 170, no. 2–4, pp. 191–210, 2005.
- O. Kulak and C. Kahraman, “Multi-attribute comparison of advanced manufacturing systems using fuzzy versus crisp axiomatic design approach,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 95, no. 3, pp. 415–424, 2005.
- O. Kulak, M. B. Durmuşoǧlu, and C. Kahraman, “Fuzzy multi-attribute equipment selection based on information axiom,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 169, no. 3, pp. 337–345, 2005.
- A. M. Gonçalves-Coelho and A. J. F. Mourão, “Axiomatic design as support for decision-making in a design for manufacturing context: a case study,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 109, no. 1-2, pp. 81–89, 2007.
- M. Celik, C. Kahraman, S. Cebi, and I. D. Er, “Fuzzy axiomatic design-based performance evaluation model for docking facilities in shipbuilding industry: the case of Turkish shipyards,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 599–615, 2009.
- Y. Deng, J. Xiong, and P. Fu, “Airline safety evaluation based on fuzzy TOPSIS,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 4430, pp. 282–287, 2007.
- M. Daǧdeviren, S. Yavuz, and N. Kılınç, “Weapon selection using the AHP and TOPSIS methods under fuzzy environment,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 8143–8151, 2009.
- S. M. Chen, “Aggregating fuzzy opinions in the group decision-making environment,” Cybernetics and Systems, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 363–376, 1998.
- S. H. Kim and B. S. Ahn, “Interactive group decision making procedure under incomplete information,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 116, no. 3, pp. 498–507, 1999.
- S. H. Kim, S. H. Choi, and J. K. Kim, “Interactive procedure for multiple attribute group decision making with incomplete information: range-based approach,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 118, no. 1, pp. 139–152, 1999.
- K. S. Park and S. H. Kim, “Tools for interactive multiattribute decisionmaking with incompletely identified information,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 98, no. 1, pp. 111–123, 1997.
- K. S. Park, S. H. Kim, and W. C. Yoon, “Establishing strict dominance between alternatives with special type of incomplete information,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 398–406, 1997.
- M. Li, L. Liu, L. Yin, and Y. Zhu, “A process mining based approach to knowledge maintenance,” Information Systems Frontiers, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 371–380, 2010.