- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 640472, 22 pages
Parameterization Method on B-Spline Curve
1Faculty of Computer Sciences and Information Systems, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, 81310 Skudai, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
2College of Computer and Information Science, Al-Imam Muhammad Bin Saud Islamic University, Riyadh 11432, Saudi Arabia
Received 18 July 2011; Revised 30 September 2011; Accepted 7 October 2011
Academic Editor: Carlo Cattani
Copyright © 2012 H. Haron et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Hormann and G. Greiner, “MIPS: an efficient global parametrization method, curve and surface design,” in Innovations in Applied Mathematics, P.-J. Laurent, P. Sablonnière, and L. L. Schumaker, Eds., pp. 153–162, Vanderbilt University Press, Nashville, Tenn, USA, 2000.
- E. B. Kuznetsov and A. Y. Yakimovich, “The best parameterization for parametric interpolation,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 191, no. 2, pp. 239–245, 2006.
- S. M. Shamsuddin, M. A. Ahmed, and Y. Samian, “NURBS skinning surface for ship hull design based on new parameterization method,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 936–941, 2006.
- S. Y. Chen, J. Zhang, Q. Guan, and S. Liu, “Detection and amendment of shape distortions based on moment invariants for active shape models,” IET Image Processing, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 273–285, 2011.
- S. Y. Chen and Q. Guan, “Parametric shape representation by a deformable NURBS model for cardiac functional measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 480–487, 2011.
- C. de Boor, A Practical Guide to Splines, vol. 27, Springer, New York, NY , USA, 2001.
- E. T. Y. Lee, “Choosing nodes in parametric curve interpolation,” Computer-Aided Design, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 363–370, 1989.
- C.-G. Lim, “A universal parametrization in B-spline curve and surface interpolation,” Computer Aided Geometric Design, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 407–422, 1999.
- S. M. H. Shamsuddin and M. A. Ahmed, “A hybrid parameterization method for NURBS,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualization (CGIV '04), pp. 15–20, July 2004.
- W. Lü, “Curves with chord length parameterization,” Computer Aided Geometric Design, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 342–350, 2009.
- J. Hoschek and D. Lasser, Fundamentals of Computer Aided Geometric Design, A. K. Peters, Wellesley, Mass, USA, 1993.
- H. Park, “Choosing nodes and knots in closed B-spline curve interpolation to point data,” Computer Aided Design, vol. 33, no. 13, pp. 967–974, 2001.
- S. S. Yuhaniz, Lecture 07: B-Spline and NURBS, Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing, Power Point Slides, 2010.
- S. S. Yuhaniz, Lecture 6: Geometric Modelling—Curves, Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing, Power Point Slides, 2010.
- D. F. Rogers, “An Introduction to NURBS with Historical Perspective,” Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2001.
- H. Zhang and J. Feng, B-Spline Curves and Surfaces (2), Power Point Slides, 2006.
- Spline, Bezier, B-Spline.
- G. S. Kumar, P. K. Kalra, and S. G. Dhande, “Parameter optimization for B-spline curve fitting using genetic algorithms,” in Proceedings of the Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC '03), 2003.
- S. Chen, J. Zhang, H. Zhang et al., “Myocardial motion analysis for determination of tei-index of human heart,” Sensors, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 11428–11439, 2010.
- K. Höllig, U. Reif, and J. Wipper, B-Spline Approximation Of Neumann Problems, Mathematics Subject Classification, 65N30, 65N12, 41A63, 41A15, 1991.
- Y. Liu, H. Yang, and W. Wang, “Reconstructing B-spline curves from point clouds—a tangential flow approach using least squares minimization,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Shape Modeling and Applications (SMI '05), pp. 4–12, June 2005.
- L. A. Piegl and W. Tiller, “Surface approximation to scanned data,” Visual Computer, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 386–395, 2000.
- C. Yuksel, S. Schaefer, and J. Keyser, “Parameterization and applications of Catmull-Rom curves,” Computer Aided Design, vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 747–755, 2011.
- M.S. Floater and E. Zagar, “On general approach to optimal parameterization of polynomial curves,” in Proceedings of the Fusion Simulation Project Workshop, Styria, Austria, November 2006.
- C.-K. Shene, CS3621 Introduction to Computing with Geometry Note, 2003, http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/COURSES/cs3621/NOTES/notes.html.
- W.-K. Wang, H. Zhang, H. Park, J.-H. Yong, J.-C. Paul, and J.-G. Sun, “Reducing control points in lofted B-spline surface interpolation using common knot vector determination,” Computer Aided Design, vol. 40, no. 10-11, pp. 999–1008, 2008.