- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 650242, 10 pages
Modeling of Signal Plans for Transit Signal Priority at Isolated Intersections under Stochastic Condition
School of Traffic and Transportation, Lanzhou Jiaotong University, Gansu, Lanzhou 730070, China
Received 10 May 2012; Revised 30 August 2012; Accepted 30 August 2012
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2012 Lv Bin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Li and P. D. Prevedouros, “Traffic adaptive control for oversaturated isolated intersections: model development and simulation testing,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 130, no. 5, pp. 594–601, 2004.
- F. Dion and B. Hellinga, “A rule-based real-time traffic responsive signal control system with transit priority: application to an isolated intersection,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 325–343, 2002.
- H. F. Xu, K. P. Li, and M. M. Zheng, “Isolated transit signal priority control strategy based on logic rule,” China Journal of Highway and Transport, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 96–102, 2008 (Chinese).
- S. Yagar, “Efficient transit priority at intersections,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 1390, pp. 10–15, 1993.
- S. Yagar and B. Han, “A procedure for real-time signal control that considers transit interference and priority,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 315–331, 1994.
- P. Mirchandani, A. Knyazyan, and L. Head, “An approach towards the integration of bus priority, traffic adaptive signal control, and bus information/scheduling systems,” Computer-Aided Scheduling of Public Transport, vol. 505, no. 4, pp. 319–334, 2001.
- X. G. Yang, Y. Lin, and M. S. Hang, “Study of solution for transit priority signal,” China Journal of Highway and Transport, vol. 14, pp. 101–105, 2001 (Chinese).
- S. R. Sunkari, P. S. Beasley, T. Urbanik, and D. B. Fambro, “Model to evaluate the impacts of bus priority on signalized intersections,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1494, pp. 117–123, 1995.
- W. Ma, X. Yang, and M. Yun, “Transit signal priority strategies based on the consideration of bus frequency,” Journal of Tongji University, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 1470–1475, 2007 (Chinese).
- Y. M. Bie, H. Zhu, D. H. Wang, D. F. Ma, and X. M. Song, “Development and evaluation of a passive bus signal priority algorithm at isolated intersection,” Journal of Beijing University of Technology, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 522–528, 2011 (Chinese).
- Z. R. Abdy and B. R. Hellinga, “Analytical method for estimating the impact of transit signal priority on vehicle delay,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 137, no. 8, pp. 589–600, 2011.
- A. Polus, “Modeling and measurements of bus service reliability,” Transportation Research, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 253–256, 1978.
- J. Lin and M. Ruan, “Probability-based bus headway regularity measure,” IET Intelligent Transport Systems, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 400–408, 2009.
- F. Dion, H. Rakha, and Y. Zhang, “Evaluation of potential transit signal priority benefits along a fixed-time signalized arterial,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 130, no. 3, pp. 294–303, 2004.
- H. M. Niu, “Determination of the skip-stop scheduling for a congested transit line by bilevel genetic algorithm,” International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 1158–1167, 2011.
- B. Lv and H. M. Niu, “Optimization for signal plans at isolated intersections on random condition,” Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 116–120, 2010 (Chinese).
- J. Kennedy, “Particle swarm: social adaptation of knowledge,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation (ICEC '97), pp. 303–308, April 1997.