- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 670761, 12 pages
Multifractals Properties on the Near Infrared Spectroscopy of Human Brain Hemodynamic
Biomedical Engineering Department, International University of Vietnam National Universities, Block 6, Linh Trung Ward, Thu Duc District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Received 7 October 2011; Accepted 4 December 2011
Academic Editor: Carlo Cattani
Copyright © 2012 Truong Quang Dang Khoa and Vo Van Toi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. E. Ravicz, J. R. Melcher, and N. Y.-S. Kiang, “Acoustic noise during functional magnetic resonance imaging,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 108, no. 4, pp. 1683–1696, 2000.
- S. C. Bunce, M. Izzetoglu, K. Izzetoglu, B. Onaral, and K. Pourrezaei, “Functional near-infrared spectroscopy,” IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 54–62, 2006.
- M. Izzetoglu, K. Izzetoglu, S. Bunce et al., “Functional near-infrared neuroimaging,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 153–159, 2005.
- M. Izzetoglu, A. Devaraj, S. Bunce, and B. Onaral, “Motion artifact cancellation in NIR spectroscopy using Wiener filtering,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 934–938, 2005.
- K. Izzetoglu, S. Bunce, B. Onaral, K. Pourrezaei, and B. Chance, “Functional optical brain imaging using near-infrared during cognitive tasks,” International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 211–227, 2004.
- S. Fantini and M. A. Franceschini, “Frequency-domain techniques for tissue spectroscopy and imaging,” in Handbook of Optical Biomedical Diagnostics, V. V. Tuchin, Ed., pp. 405–453, SPIE, Bellingham, Wash, USA, 2002.
- A. Sassaroli, Y. Tong, F. Fabbri, B. Frederick, P. Renshaw, and S. Fantini, “Functional mapping of the human brain with near-infrared spectroscopy in the frequency-domain,” in Lasers in Surgery: Advanced Characterization, Therapeutics, and Systems XIV, vol. 5312 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 371–377, San Jose, Calif, USA, January 2004.
- R. Sitaram, H. Zhang, C. Guan et al., “Temporal classification of multichannel near-infrared spectroscopy signals of motor imagery for developing a brain-computer interface,” NeuroImage, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 1416–1427, 2007.
- T. Q. D. Khoa, H. M. Thang, and M. Nakagawa, “Testing for nonlinearity in functional near-infrared spectroscopy of brain activities by surrogate data methods,” The Journal of Physiological Sciences, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 47–52, 2008.
- T. C. Halsey, M. H. Jensen, L. P. Kadanoff, I. Procaccia, and B. I. Shraiman, “Fractal measures and their singularities: the characterization of strange sets,” Physical Review A, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 1141–1151, 1986.
- J. F. Muzy, E. Bacry, and A. Arneodo, “Multifractal formalism for fractal signals: the structure-function approach versus the wavelet-transform modulus-maxima method,” Physical Review E, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 875–884, 1993.
- S. Mallat, A Wavelet Tour of Signal Processing, Academic Press, 2nd edition, 1999.
- P. C. Ivanov, L. A. N. Amaral, A. L. Goldberger et al., “Multifractality in human heartbeat dynamics,” Nature, vol. 399, no. 6735, pp. 461–465, 1999.
- L. A. N. Amaral, P. C. Ivanov, N. Aoyagi et al., “Behavioral-independent features of complex heartbeat dynamics,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 86, no. 26, pp. 6026–6029, 2001.
- K. Ohashi, L. A. N. Amaral, B. H. Natelson, and Y. Yamamoto, “Asymmetrical singularities in real-world signals,” Physical Review E, vol. 68, no. 6, Article ID 065204, 2003.
- Y. Shimizu, M. Barth, C. Windischberger, E. Moser, and S. Thurner, “Wavelet-based multifractal analysis of fMRI time series,” NeuroImage, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 1195–1202, 2004.
- X. Yang, X. Ning, and J. Wang, “Multifractal analysis of human synchronous 12-lead ECG signals using multiple scale factors,” Physica A, vol. 384, no. 2, pp. 413–422, 2007.
- H. Weiss and V. Weiss, “The golden mean as clock cycle of brain waves,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 643–652, 2003.
- A. K. Roopun, M. A. Kramer, L. M. Carracedo, et al., “Temporal Interactions between Cortical Rhythms,” Frontiers in Neuroscience, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 145–154, 2008.
- T. Q. D. Khoa, N. Yuichi, and N. Masahiro, “Recognizing brain motor imagery activities by identifying chaos properties of oxy-hemoglobin dynamics time series,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 422–429, 2009.