- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 671397, 13 pages
Contextual Hierarchical Part-Driven Conditional Random Field Model for Object Category Detection
College of Mechatronics Engineering and Automation, National University of Defense Technology, Changsha 410073, China
Received 25 October 2012; Accepted 11 November 2012
Academic Editor: Sheng-yong Chen
Copyright © 2012 Lizhen Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Schnitzspan, S. Roth, and B. Schiele, “Automatic discovery of meaningful object parts with latent CRFs,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR ’10), pp. 121–128, San Diego, Calif, USA, June 2010.
- J. H. Zhang, J. W. Zhang, S. Y. Chen, et al., “Constructing dynamic category hierarchies for novel visual category discovery,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS '12), Vilamoura, Portugal, October 2012.
- S. Y. Chen, J. H. Zhang, Y. F. Li, and J. W. Zhang, “A hierarchical model incorporating segmented regions and pixel descriptors for video background subtraction,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 118–127, 2012.
- M. Fischler and R. A. Elschlager, “The representation and matching of pictorial structures,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 67–92, 1973.
- S. Lazebnik, C. Schmid, and J. Ponce, “A maximum entropy framework for part-based texture and object recognition,” in Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV '05), pp. 832–838, Beijing, China, October 2005.
- D. Crandall, P. Felzenszwalb, and D. Huttenlocher, “Spatial priors for part-based recognition using statistical models,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR '05), pp. 10–17, San Diego, Calif, USA, June 2005.
- R. Fergus, P. Perona, and A. Zisserman, “Object class recognition by unsupervised scale-invariant learning,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR '03), pp. II/264–II/271, San Diego, Calif, USA, June 2003.
- P. F. Felzenszwalb and D. P. Huttenlocher, “Pictorial structures for object recognition,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 55–79, 2005.
- E. B. Sudderth, A. Torralba, W. T. Freeman, and A. S. Willsky, “Describing visual scenes using transformed objects and parts,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 77, no. 1–3, pp. 291–330, 2008.
- S. Kumar, Models for learning spatial interactions in natural images for context-based classification [Ph.D. thesis], The Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, 2005.
- J. Lafferty, A. McCallum, and F. Pereira, “Conditional random fields: Probabilistic models for segmenting and labeling sequence data,” in Proceedings of the Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML '01), pp. 282–289, 2001.
- S. Kumar and M. Hebert, “Discriminative fields for modeling spatial dependencies in natural images,” Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, pp. 1351–1358, 2004.
- S. Kumar and M. Hebert, “Discriminative random fields: A discriminative framework for contextual interaction in classification,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV '03), vol. 2, pp. 1150–1157, Nice, France, October 2003.
- S. Kumar and M. Hebert, “Multiclass discriminative fields for parts-based object detection,” in Snowbird Learning Workshop, March 2004.
- A. Quattoni, S. Wang, L. P. Morency, M. Collins, and T. Darrell, “Hidden conditional random fields,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 1848–1853, 2007.
- A. Kapoor and J. Winn, “Located hidden random fields: Learning discriminative parts for object detection,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV '06), pp. 302–315, Vienna, Austria, May 2006.
- S. Y. Chen, H. Tong, and C. Cattani, “Markov models for image labeling,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 814356, 18 pages, 2012.
- C. Cattani, S. Y. Chen, and G. Aldashev, “Information and modeling in complexity,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 868413, 3 pages, 2012.
- S. Y. Chen, H. Tong, Z. Wang, S. Liu, M. Li, and B. Zhang, “Improved generalized belief propagation for vision processing,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 416963, 12 pages, 2011.
- S. Gu, Y. Zheng, and C. Tomasi, “Critical nets and beta-stable features for image matching,” in Proceedings of the 11th European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV '10), vol. 6313 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 663–676, 2010.
- D. G. Lowe, “Object recognition from local scale-invariant features,” in Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV'99), pp. 1150–1157, Kerkyra, Greece, September 1999.