- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 678326, 18 pages
Mathematical Morphology for Color Images: An Image-Dependent Approach
Department of Informatics, School of Engineering, University of Valencia, Avenida de la Universidad s/n, Burjasot, 46100 Valencia, Spain
Received 11 July 2012; Revised 10 November 2012; Accepted 16 November 2012
Academic Editor: Arturo Zavala-Rio
Copyright © 2012 Xaro Benavent et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Matheron, Random Sets and Integral Geometry, John Wiley& Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- J. Serra, Image Analysis and Mathematical Morphology, Academic Press, London, UK, 1984.
- P. Soille, Morphological Image Analysis: Principles and Applications, Engineering Online Library. Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2nd edition, 2003.
- S. R. Sternberg, “Grayscale morphology,” Computer Vision, Graphics, and Image Processing, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 333–355, 1986.
- M. Köppen, Ch. Nowack, and G. Rösel, “Pareto-morphology for color image processing,” in Proceedings of the 11th Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis (SCIA '99), vol. 1, pp. 195–202, Kangerlussuaq, Greenland, 1999.
- C. Busch and M. Eberle, “Morphological operations for color-coded images,” in Proceedings of the European Association for Computer Graphics (EUROGRAPHICS '95), F. Post and M. Göbel, Eds., vol. 14-3 of Computer Graphics Forum, pp. 193–204, Blackwell, 1995.
- V. Barnett, “The ordering of multivariate data,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society A, vol. 139, no. 3, pp. 318–355, 1976.
- M. L. Comer and E. J. Delp, “Empirical study of morphological operators in color image enhancement,” in Image Processing Algorithms and Techniques III, vol. 1657 of Proceedings of the SPIE, pp. 314–325, 1995.
- R. L. Stevenson and G. R. Arce, “Morphological filters: statistics and further syntactic properties,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 1292–1305, 1987.
- C. Zhao, “A new vectorial ordering for color morphology based on marginal ordering,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Computer Science and Education (ICCSE '10), pp. 1769–1772, August 2010.
- M. Köppen, Ch. Nowack, and G. Rösel, “Fuzzy-subsethood based color image processing,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Workshop on Fuzzy-Neuro Systems (FNS '99), vol. 1, pp. 33–40, Leipzig, Germany, 1999.
- G. Louverdis, I. Andreadis, and P. Tsalides, “New fuzzy model for morphological colour image processing,” IEE Proceedings: Vision, Image and Signal Processing, vol. 149, no. 3, pp. 129–139, 2002.
- J. Angulo, “Morphological colour operators in totally ordered lattices based on distances: application to image filtering, enhancement and analysis,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 107, no. 1-2, pp. 56–73, 2007.
- X. Guo and B. Guo, “Color image morphology based on distances in the HSI color space,” in Proceedings of the 2nd ISECS International Colloquium on Computing, Communication, Control, and Management (CCCM '09), vol. 3, pp. 264–267, August 2009.
- P. Gonzalez, V. Cabezas, M. Mora, F. Cordova, and J. Vidal, “Morphological color images processing using distance-based and lexicographic order operators,” in Proceedings of the 29th International Conference of the Chilean Computer Science Society (SCCC '10), pp. 258–264, November 2010.
- A. Hanbury and J. Serra, “Mathematical morphology in the L*a*b* colour space,” Tech. Rep. N-36/01/MM, Centre de Morphologie Mathematique, Ecole de Mines de Paris, 2001.
- J. Domingo, X. Benavent, F. Vegara, and J. Pelechano, “A new approach for image colour morphology,” Tech. Rep., Institute of Robotics, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain, 2005, http://johnford.uv.es/VISION/ColorMorphology.