- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 686272, 17 pages
Genetic Algorithm for Multiuser Discrete Network Design Problem under Demand Uncertainty
1Institute of Transportation Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
2Academy of Military Transportation, Tianjin 300161, China
3Transport Planning and Research Institute, Ministry of Transport, Beijing 100028, China
4China Academy of Urban Planning and Design, Beijing 100044, China
Received 6 September 2012; Accepted 29 October 2012
Academic Editor: Baozhen Yao
Copyright © 2012 Wu Juan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Farvaresh and M. M. Sepehri, “A single-level mixed integer linear formulation for a bi-level discrete network design problem,” Transportation Research E, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 623–640, 2011.
- E. Miandoabchi and R. Z. Farahani, “Optimizing reserve capacity of urban road networks in a discrete network design problem,” Advances in Engineering Software, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 1041–1050, 2011.
- M. Patriksson, “Robust bi-level optimization models in transportation science,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London A, vol. 366, no. 1872, pp. 1989–2004, 2008.
- S. V. Ukkusuri and S. T. Waller, “Linear programming models for the user and system optimal dynamic network design problem: formulations, comparisons and extensions,” Networks and Spatial Economics, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 383–406, 2008.
- A. Karoonsoontawong and S. T. Waller, “Robust dynamic continuous network design problem,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 2029, pp. 58–71, 2007.
- C. F. Daganzo, “Stochastic network equilibrium with multiple vehicle types and asymmetric, indefinite link cost jacobians,” Transportation Science, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 282–300, 1983.
- H. Yang, “Sensitivity analysis for the elastic-demand network equilibrium problem with applications,” Transportation Research B, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 55–70, 1997.
- Z.-C. Li, W. H. K. Lam, S. C. Wong, and A. Sumalee, “Environmentally sustainable toll design for congested road networks with uncertain demand,” International Journal of Sustainable Transportation, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 127–155, 2012.
- M. J. Smith, “The marginal cost taxation of a transportation network,” Transportation Research B, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 237–242, 1979.
- H. Yang and X. Zhang, “Multiclass network toll design problem with social and spatial equity constraints,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 128, no. 5, pp. 420–428, 2002.
- R. B. Dial, “Bicriterion traffic assignment: basic theory and elementary algorithms,” Transportation Science, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 93–111, 1996.
- J. Agrawal and T. V. Mathew, “Transit route network design using parallel genetic algorithm,” Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 248–256, 2004.
- B. Yu, Z. Z. Yang, and B. Yao, “An improved ant colony optimization for vehicle routing problem,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 196, no. 1, pp. 171–176, 2009.
- B. Yu, Z.-Z. Yang, P.-H. Jin, S.-H. Wu, and B.-Z. Yao, “Transit route network design using ant colony optimization,” Transportation Research C, vol. 22, pp. 58–75, 2012.
- B. Yu and Z. Z. Yang, “An ant colony optimization model: the period vehicle routing problem with time windows,” Transportation Research E, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 166–181, 2011.
- F. Zhao and X. G. Zeng, “Simulated annealing-genetic algorithm for transit network optimization,” Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 57–68, 2006.
- S. B. Pattnaik, S. Mohan, and V. M. Tom, “Urban bus transit route network design using genetic algorithm,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 124, no. 4, pp. 368–375, 1998.
- M. Bielli, M. Caramia, and P. Carotenuto, “Genetic algorithms in bus network optimization,” Transportation Research C, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 19–34, 2002.
- B. Yu, W. H. K. Lam, and M. L. Tam, “Bus arrival time prediction at bus stop with multiple routes,” Transportation Research C, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1157–1170, 2011.
- B. Yu, Z. Z. Yang, and C. T. Cheng, “Optimizing the distribution of shopping centers with parallel genetic algorithm,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 215–223, 2007.
- S. Nguyen and C. Dupuis, “Efficient method for computing traffic equilibria in networks with asymmetric transportation costs,” Transportation Science, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 185–202, 1984.