- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 690262, 11 pages
Construction of Affine Invariant Functions in Spatial Domain
1School of Mathematics and Statistics, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, Nanjing 210044, China
2Department of Mathematics G. Castelnuovo, University of Rome la Sapienza, Piazzale, Aldo Moro 2, 00185 Rome, Italy
Received 17 January 2012; Accepted 9 March 2012
Academic Editor: Bin Fang
Copyright © 2012 Jianwei Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. I. Khalil and M. M. Bayoumi, “A dyadic wavelet affine invariant function for 2D shape recognition,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 1152–1164, 2001.
- M. K. Hu, “Visual pattern recognition by moment invariants,” IRE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 179–187, 1962.
- J. Flusser and T. Suk, “Pattern recognition by affine moment invariants,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 167–174, 1993.
- T. Suk and J. Flusser, “Affine moment invariants generated by graph method,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 2047–2056, 2011.
- M. R. Daliri and V. Torre, “Robust symbolic representation for shape recognition and retrieval,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 1799–1815, 2008.
- P. L. E. Ekombo, N. Ennahnahi, M. Oumsis, and M. Meknassi, “Application of affine invariant fourier descriptor to shape based image retrieval,” International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 240–247, 2009.
- X. B. Gao, C. Deng, X. Li, and D. Tao, “Geometric distortion insensitive image watermarking in affine covariant regions,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics C, vol. 40, no. 3, Article ID 5378648, pp. 278–286, 2010.
- M. I. Khalil and M. M. Bayoumi, “Affine invariants for object recognition using the wavelet transform,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 23, no. 1–3, pp. 57–72, 2002.
- G. Liu, Z. Lin, and Y. Yu, “Radon representation-based feature descriptor for texture classification,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 921–928, 2009.
- R. Matungka, Y. F. Zheng, and R. L. Ewing, “Image registration using adaptive polar transform,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 2340–2354, 2009.
- Y. Wang and E. K. Teoh, “2D affine-invariant contour matching using B-Spline model,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 1853–1858, 2007.
- D. Zhang and G. Lu, “Review of shape representation and description techniques,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 1–19, 2004.
- E. Rahtu, A multiscale framework for affine invariant pattern recognition and registration, Ph.D. thesis, University of OULU, Oulu, Finland, 2007.
- R. Veltkamp and M. Hagedoorn, “State-of the art in shape matching,” Tech. Rep. UU-CS-1999, 1999.
- I. Weiss, “Geometric invariants and object recognition,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 207–231, 1993.
- K. Arbter, W. E. Snyder, H. Burkhardt, and G. Hirzinger, “Application of affine-invariant Fourier descriptors to recognition of 3-D objects,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 640–647, 1990.
- W. S. Lin and C. H. Fang, “Synthesized affine invariant function for 2D shape recognition,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 1921–1928, 2007.
- I. El Rube, M. Ahmed, and M. Kamel, “Wavelet approximation-based affine invariant shape representation functions,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 323–327, 2006.
- Q. M. Tieng and W. W. Boles, “Wavelet-based affine invariant representation: a tool for recognizing planar objects in 3D space,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 846–857, 1997.
- G. Tzimiropoulos, N. Mitianoudis, and T. Stathaki, “Robust recognition of planar shapes under affine transforms using principal component analysis,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 723–726, 2007.
- R. Alferez and Y. F. Wang, “Geometric and illumination invariants for object recognition,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 505–536, 1999.
- D. Cyganski and R. F. Vaz, “A linear signal decomposition approach to affine invariant contour identification,” SPIE: Intelligent Robots and Computer Vision X, vol. 1607, pp. 98–109, 1991.
- M. Yang, K. Kpalma, and J. Ronsin, “Affine invariance contour desciptor based on the equal area normalization,” IAENG International Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 36, no. 2, 2007.
- Y. W. Chen and C. L. Xu, “Rolling penetrate descriptor for shape-based image retrieval and object recognition,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 30, no. 9, pp. 799–804, 2009.
- M. Li, C. Cattani, and S. Y. Chen, “Viewing sea level by a one-dimensional random function with long memory,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 654284, 13 pages, 2011.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Visiting power laws in cyber-physical networking systems,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 302786, 13 pages, 2012.
- W. S. Chen, P. C. Yuen, and X. Xie, “Kernel machine-based rank-lifting regularized discriminant analysis method for face recognition,” Neurocomputing, vol. 74, no. 17, pp. 2953–2960, 2011.
- Y. Y. Tang, Y. Tao, and E. C. M. Lam, “New method for feature extraction based on fractal behavior,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 1071–1081, 2002.
- J. Yang, Z. Chen, W. S. Chen, and Y. Chen, “Robust affine invariant descriptors,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 185303, 15 pages, 2011.