- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 709473, 14 pages
Agent-Based Modeling and Genetic Algorithm Simulation for the Climate Game Problem
1The College Computer Engineering, Zhejiang Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Hangzhou 310053, China
2Computer Science and Technology College, Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou 310014, China
Received 17 August 2012; Accepted 7 October 2012
Academic Editor: Sheng-yong Chen
Copyright © 2012 Zheng Wang and Jingling Zhang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. G. Rand, A. Dreber, T. Ellingsen, D. Fudenberg, and M. A. Nowak, “Positive interactions promote public cooperation,” Science, vol. 325, no. 5945, pp. 1272–1275, 2009.
- T. Barker, I. Bashmakov, and L. Bernstein, “Summary for policymakers,” in The 9th Session of Working Group III of the IPCC, 2007.
- H. Rowlands, The Climate Challenge Game: How Might Computer Games be Used to Communicate the Issues of Climate Change? [Ph.D. thesis], University of Oxford, 2006.
- C. Cattani, R. Badea, S. Chen, and M. Crisan, “Biomedical signal processing and modeling complexity of living systems,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine. In press.
- S. Chen, J. Zhang, H. Zhang, N. M. Kwok, and Y. F. Li, “Intelligent lighting control for vision-based robotic manipulation,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 3254–3263, 2012.
- M. Carlini, S. Castellucci, M. Guerrieri, and T. Honorati, “Stability and control for energy production parametric dependence,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 842380, 21 pages, 2010.
- T. Pfeiffer and M. A. Nowak, “Climate change: all in the game,” Nature, vol. 441, no. 7093, pp. 583–584, 2006.
- S. H. Schneider, “What is “dangerous” climate change?” Nature, vol. 411, no. 6833, pp. 17–19, 2001.
- M. Milinski, D. Semmann, H. J. Krambeck, and J. Marotzke, “Stabilizing the Earth's climate is not a losing game: supporting evidence from public goods experiments,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 103, no. 11, pp. 3994–3998, 2006.
- M. Inman, The Climate Change Game, Nature Reports Climate Change, Macmillan, 2009.
- R. Axelrod, “Effective choice in the prisoner's dilemma,” Journal of Conflict Resolution, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 3–25, 1980.
- R. Axelrod and W. D. Hamilton, “The evolution of cooperation,” Science, vol. 211, no. 4489, pp. 1390–1396, 1981.
- M. Bagnoli and M. McKee, “Voluntary contribution games: efficient private provision of public goods,” Economic Inquiry, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 351–366, 1991.
- A. Dannenberg, T. Riechmann, B. Sturm, and C. Vogt, “Inequity Aversion and Individual Behavior in Public Good Games: An Experimental Investigation,” ZEW—Centre for European Economic Research Discussion Paper No. 07-034, 2007.
- C. Hauert and G. Szabó, “Prisoner's dilemma and public goods games in different geometries: compulsory versus voluntary interactions,” Complexity, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 31–38, 2003.
- M. Doebeli and C. Hauert, “Models of cooperation based on the Prisoner's Dilemma and the Snowdrift game,” Ecology Letters, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 748–766, 2005.
- D. Helbing, A. Szolnoki, M. Pere, and G. Szabó, “Punish, but not too hard: how costly punishment spreads in the spatial public goods game,” New Journal of Physics, vol. 12, Article ID 083005, 2010.
- D. Helbing, A. Szolnoki, M. Perc, and G. Szabó, “Defector-accelerated cooperativeness and punishment in public goods games with mutations,” Physical Review E, vol. 81, no. 5, Article ID 057104, 2010.
- M. Perc and A. Szolnoki, “Self-organization of punishment in structured populations,” New Journal of Physics, vol. 14, Article ID 043013, 2012.
- A. Szolnoki, G. Szabó, and M. Perc, “Phase diagrams for the spatial public goods game with pool punishment,” Physical Review E, vol. 83, no. 3, Article ID 036101, 2011.
- A. Szolnoki and M. Perc, “Conditional strategies and the evolution of cooperation in spatial public goods games,” Physical Review E, vol. 85, Article ID 026104, 2012.
- Z. Wang, A. Szolnoki, and M. Perca, “If players are sparse social dilemmas are too: importance of percolation for evolution of cooperation,” Scientific Reports, vol. 2, p. 369, 2012.
- M. Perc and Z. Wang, “Heterogeneous aspirations promote cooperation in the prisoner's dilemma game,” PLoS ONE, vol. 5, no. 12, Article ID e15117, 2010.
- A. Szolnoki and M. Perc, “Impact of critical mass on the evolution of cooperation in spatial public goods games,” Physical Review E, vol. 81, no. 5, Article ID 057101, 2010.
- Z. Wang, A. Szolnoki, and M. Perc, “Evolution of public cooperation on interdependent networks: the impact of biased utility functions,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 97, Article ID 48001, 2012.
- A. Szolnoki, M. Perc, and G. Szabó, “Defense mechanisms of empathetic players in the spatial ultimatum game,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 109, no. 7, 2012.
- H. Shi, W. Wang, N. M. Kwok, and S. Y. Chen, “Game theory for wireless sensor networks: a survey,” Sensors, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 9055–9097, 2012.
- C. Cattani, S. Chen, and G. Aldashev, “Information and modeling in complexity,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 868413, 4 pages, 2012.
- Y. Zheng, H. Shi, and S. Chen, “Fuzzy combinatorial optimization with multiple ranking criteria: a staged tabu search framework,” Pacific Journal of Optimization, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 457–472, 2012.
- S. C. Lim, C. H. Eab, K. H. Mak, M. Li, and S. Y. Chen, “Solving linear coupled fractional differential equations by direct operational method and some applications,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 653939, 28 pages, 2012.
- S. Chen and Z. Wang, “Acceleration strategies in generalized belief propagation,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 41–48, 2012.
- E. Fehr and K. M. Schmidt, “A theory of fairness, competition, and cooperation,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 114, no. 3, pp. 817–868, 1999.
- M. Milinski, R. D. Sommerfeld, H. J. Krambeck, F. A. Reed, and J. Marotzke, “The collective-risk social dilemma and the prevention of simulated dangerous climate change,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 105, no. 7, pp. 2291–2294, 2008.
- S. Y. Chen and Y. F. Li, “Automatic sensor placement for model-based robot vision,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part B, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 393–408, 2004.
- S. Chen, H. Tong, Z. Wang, S. Liu, M. Li, and B. Zhang, “Improved generalized belief propagation for vision processing,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 416963, 12 pages, 2011.
- D. E. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley Longman, Boston, Mass, USA, 1989.