- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 712974, 18 pages
Prediction of Optimal Design and Deflection of Space Structures Using Neural Networks
1The Iranian Academic Center for Education, Culture and Research, Kerman 7616914111, Iran
2School of Civil Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Nibong Tebal, Penang, Malaysia
3City University College, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 8 October 2012; Accepted 18 November 2012
Academic Editor: Siamak Talatahari
Copyright © 2012 Reza Kamyab Moghadas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. L. Maher, D. Sriram, and S. J. Fenves, “Tools and techniques for knowledge based expert systems for engineering design,” Advances in Engineering Software, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 178–188, 1984.
- R. Davis and J. J. King, “An overview of production systems,” in Machine Intelligence 8: Machine Representations and Knowledge, E. Elcock and D. Michie, Eds., pp. 300–332, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1977.
- C. N. Kostem and M. L. Maher, Eds., First Symposium on Expert Systems in Civil Engineering, ASCE, Seattle, Wash, USA, 1986.
- C. E. Shannon, “Programming a computer for playing chess,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 41, series 7, no. 314, pp. 256–275, 1950.
- F. Erbatur, O. Hasançebi, I. Tütüncü, and H. Kinodot;liç, “Optimal design of planar and space structures with genetic algorithms,” Computers and Structures, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 209–224, 2000.
- S. Rajasekaran, “Optimization of large scale three dimensional reticulated structures using cellular genetics and neural networks,” International Journal of Space Structures, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 315–324, 2001.
- C. S. Krishnamoorthy, V. P. Prasanna, and R. Sudarshan, “Object-oriented framework for genetic algorithms with application to space truss optimization,” Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 66–75, 2002.
- A. Tashakori and H. Adeli, “Optimum design of cold-formed steel space structures using neural dynamics model,” Journal of Constructional Steel Research, vol. 58, no. 12, pp. 1545–1566, 2002.
- E. Salajegheh and J. Salajegheh, “Continuous-discrete variable optimization of space structures with sizing variables using approximation methods,” International Journal of Space Structures, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 237–251, 2001.
- A. Kaveh and M. R. Dehkordi, “Neural networks for the analysis and design of domes,” International Journal of Space Structures, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 181–193, 2003.
- A. Kaveh, Y. Gholipour, and H. Rahami, “Optimal design of transmission towers using genetic algorithm and neural networks,” International Journal of Space Structures, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 1–19, 2008.
- A. Kaveh and H. Servati, “Design of double layer grids using backpropagation neural networks,” Computers and Structures, vol. 79, no. 17, pp. 1561–1568, 2001.
- E. Salajegheh and S. Gholizadeh, “Optimum design of structures by an improved genetic algorithm using neural networks,” Advances in Engineering Software, vol. 36, no. 11-12, pp. 757–767, 2005.
- A. Kaveh, B. F. Azar, and S. Talatahari, “Ant colony optimization for design of space trusses,” International Journal of Space Structures, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 167–181, 2008.
- S. Gholizadeh, E. Salajegheh, and P. Torkzadeh, “Structural optimization with frequency constraints by genetic algorithm using wavelet radial basis function neural network,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 312, no. 1-2, pp. 316–331, 2008.
- S. Gholizadeh and E. Salajegheh, “Optimal design of structures subjected to time history loading by swarm intelligence and an advanced metamodel,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 198, no. 37–40, pp. 2936–2949, 2009.
- A. H. Alavi and A. H. Gandomi, “Prediction of principal ground-motion parameters using a hybrid method coupling artificial neural networks and simulated annealing,” Computers and Structures, vol. 89, no. 23-24, pp. 2176–2194, 2011.
- S. Gholizadeh, A. Pirmoz, and R. Attarnejad, “Assessment of load carrying capacity of castellated steel beams by neural networks,” Journal of Constructional Steel Research, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 770–779, 2011.
- A. H. Gandomi and A. H. Alavi, “Applications of computational intelligence in behavior simulation of concrete materials,” in Computational Optimization and Applications in Engineering and Industry, X. S. Yang and S. Koziel, Eds., vol. 359, chapter 9, pp. 221–243, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2011.
- S. Gholizadeh and S. M. Seyedpoor, “Shape optimization of arch dams by metaheuristics and neural networks for frequency constraints,” Scientia Iranica, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1020–1027, 2011.
- S. Talatahari, A. H. Gandomi, and G. J. Yun, “Optimum design of tower structures using firefly algorithsm,” The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings. In press.
- S. Gholizadeh and A. Barzegar, “Shape optimization of structures for frequency constraints by sequential harmony search algorithm,” Engineering Optimization. In press.
- A. H. Gandomi, S. Talatahari, X. S. Yang, and S. Deb, “Design optimization of truss structures using cuckoo search algorithm,” The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings. In press.
- S. Gholizadeh and F. Fattahi, “Design optimization of tall steel buildings by a modified particle swarm algorithm,” The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings. In press.
- S. Talatahari, M. Kheirollahi, C. Farahmandpour, and A. H. Gandomi, “A multi-stage particle swarm for optimum design of truss structures,” Neural Computing & Applications. In press.
- J. C. Spall, “An overview of the simultaneous perturbation method for efficient optimization,” Johns Hopkins APL Technical Digest, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 482–492, 1998.
- P. D. Wasserman, Advanced Methods in Neural Computing, Prentice Hall, D. Van Nostrand, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- The Language of Technical Computing, MATLAB, Math Works, 2006.
- S. S. Sadat Hosseini and A. H. Gandomi, “Short-term load forecasting of power systems by gene expression programming,” Neural Computing and Applications, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 377–389, 2012.