- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 734070, 14 pages
Solving Optimal Control Problem of Monodomain Model Using Hybrid Conjugate Gradient Methods
Department of Mathematical Sciences, Faculty of Science, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), 81310 Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Received 28 August 2012; Accepted 5 December 2012
Academic Editor: Rafael Martinez-Guerra
Copyright © 2012 Kin Wei Ng and Ahmad Rohanin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Akcelik, G. Biros, and O. Ghattas, “Parallel multiscale Gauss-Newton-Krylov methods for inverse wave propagation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/ACM SC2002 Conference, pp. 1–15, November 2002.
- M. Fisher, J. Nocedal, Y. Trémolet, and S. J. Wright, “Data assimilation in weather forecasting: a case study in PDE-constrained optimization,” Optimization and Engineering, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 409–426, 2009.
- O. Schenk, M. Manguoglu, A. Sameh, M. Christen, and M. Sathe, “Parallel scalable PDE-constrained optimization: antenna identification in hyperthermia cancer treatment planning,” Computer Science, vol. 23, no. 3-4, pp. 177–183, 2009.
- C. E. Orozco and O. N. Ghattas, “Massively parallel aerodynamic shape optimization,” Computing Systems in Engineering, vol. 3, no. 1–4, pp. 311–320, 1992.
- S. B. Hazra and V. Schulz, “Simultaneous pseudo-timestepping for aerodynamic shape optimization problems with state constraints,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 1078–1099, 2006.
- M. Benzi, E. Haber, and L. Taralli, “A preconditioning technique for a class of PDE-constrained optimization problems,” Advances in Computational Mathematics, vol. 35, no. 2–4, pp. 149–173, 2011.
- E. Haber and U. M. Ascher, “Preconditioned all-at-once methods for large, sparse parameter estimation problems,” Inverse Problems, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 1847–1864, 2001.
- T. Rees and M. Stoll, “Block-triangular preconditioners for PDE-constrained optimization,” Numerical Linear Algebra with Applications, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 977–996, 2010.
- G. Biros and O. Ghattas, “Parallel Lagrange-Newton-Krylov-Schur methods for PDE-constrained optimization. Part I: the Krylov-Schur solver,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 687–713, 2005.
- S. M. Shuaiby, M. A. Hassan, and M. El-Melegy, “Modeling and simulation of the action potential in human cardiac tissues using finite element method,” Journal of Communications and Computer Engineering, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 21–27, 2012.
- K. W. Ng and A. Rohanin, “Numerical solution for PDE-constrained optimization problem in cardiac electrophysiology,” International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 44, no. 12, pp. 11–15, 2012.
- Y. Belhamadia, A. Fortin, and Y. Bourgault, “Towards accurate numerical method for monodomain models using a realistic heart geometry,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 220, no. 2, pp. 89–101, 2009.
- K. W. Ng and A. Rohanin, “The effects of control domain size on optimal control problem of monodomain model,” International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 6–11, 2012.
- C. Nagaiah, K. Kunisch, and G. Plank, “Numerical solution for optimal control of the reaction-diffusion equations in cardiac electrophysiology,” Computational Optimization and Applications, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 149–178, 2011.
- E. Polak and G. Ribière, “Note sur la convergence de méthodes de directions conjuguées,” vol. 16, pp. 35–43, 1969.
- B. T. Polyak, “The conjugate gradient method in extremal problems,” USSR Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 94–112, 1969.
- W. W. Hager and H. Zhang, “A new conjugate gradient method with guaranteed descent and an efficient line search,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 170–192, 2005.
- Y. H. Dai and Y. Yuan, “A nonlinear conjugate gradient method with a strong global convergence property,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 177–182, 1999.
- J. M. Rogers and A. D. McCulloch, “A collocation-Galerkin finite element model of cardiac action potential propagation,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 743–757, 1994.
- K. Kunisch and M. Wagner, “Optimal control of the bidomain system (I): the monodomain approximation with the Rogers-McCulloch model,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 1525–1550, 2012.
- Z. Qu and A. Garfinkel, “An advanced algorithm for solving partial differential equation in cardiac conduction,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 1166–1168, 1999.
- Y. H. Dai and Y. Yuan, “An efficient hybrid conjugate gradient method for unconstrained optimization,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 103, no. 1–4, pp. 33–47, 2001.
- A. Zhou, Z. Zhu, H. Fan, and Q. Qing, “Three new hybrid conjugate gradient methods for optimization,” Applied Mathematics, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 303–308, 2011.
- P. Colli Franzone, P. Deuflhard, B. Erdmann, J. Lang, and L. F. Pavarino, “Adaptivity in space and time for reaction-diffusion systems in electrocardiology,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 942–962, 2006.