- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 743130, 18 pages
Further Results on Nonlinearly Stretching Permeable Sheets: Analytic Solution for MHD Flow and Mass Transfer
Departamento de Física Aplicada, Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros de Caminos, Canales y Puertos, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, 46022 Valencia, Spain
Received 24 July 2012; Accepted 28 September 2012
Academic Editor: Ashraf M. Zenkour
Copyright © 2012 Rafael Cortell. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Cortell, “Heat transfer in a fluid through a porous medium over a permeable stretching surface with thermal radiation and variable thermal conductivity,” Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 90, no. 5, pp. 1347–1355, 2012.
- B. C. Sakiadis, “Boundary-layer behaviour on continuous solid surfaces,” AIChE Journal, vol. 7, pp. 26–28, 1961.
- L. J. Crane, “Flow past a stretching plate,” Zeitschrift für angewandte Mathematik und Physik, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 645–647, 1970.
- P. S. Gupta and A. S. Gupta, “Heat and mass transfer on a stretching sheet with suction or blowing,” Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 55, pp. 744–746, 1977.
- J. Vleggaar, “Laminar boundary-layer behaviour on continuous, accelerating surfaces,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 1517–1525, 1977.
- R. C. Bataller, “Towards a numerical benchmark for MHD flows of upper-convected Maxwell (UCM) fluids over a porous stretching sheet,” Fluid Dynamics and Materials Processing, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 337–350, 2010.
- T. Hayat, M. Qasim, and Z. Abbas, “Homotopy solution for the unsteady three-dimensional MHD flow and mass transfer in a porous space,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 2375–2387, 2010.
- R. C. Bataller, “Magnetohydrodynamic flow and heat transfer of an upper-convected Maxwell fluid due to a stretching sheet,” Fluid Dynamics & Materials Processing, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 153–173, 2011.
- R. Cortell, “Flow and heat transfer of a fluid through a porous medium over a stretching surface with internal heat generation/absorption and suction/blowing,” Fluid Dynamics Research, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 231–245, 2005.
- R. Cortell, “Toward an understanding of the motion and mass transfer with chemically reactive species for two classes of viscoelastic fluid over a porous stretching sheet,” Chemical Engineering and Processing, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 982–989, 2007.
- A. Ishak, R. Nazar, N. Bachok, and I. Pop, “Melting heat transfer in steady laminar flow over a moving surface,” Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 463–468, 2010.
- R. Cortell, “Suction, viscous dissipation and thermal radiation effects on the flow and heat transfer of a power-law fluid past an infinite porous plate,” Chemical Engineering Research and Design, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 85–93, 2011.
- H. S. Takhar, A. A. Raptis, and C. P. Perdikis, “MHD asymmetric flow past a semi-infinite moving plate,” Acta Mechanica, vol. 65, no. 1–4, pp. 287–290, 1987.
- V. Kumaran and G. Ramanaiah, “A note on the flow over a stretching sheet,” Acta Mechanica, vol. 116, pp. 229–233, 1996.
- P. D. Weidman and E. Magyari, “Generalized Crane flow induced by continuous surfaces stretching with arbitrary velocities,” Acta Mechanica, vol. 209, no. 3-4, pp. 353–362, 2010.
- E. Magyari and V. Kumaran, “Generalized Crane flows of micropolar fluids,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 3237–3240, 2010.
- R. Cortell, “Flow and heat transfer in a moving fluid over a moving flat surface,” Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 435–446, 2007.
- G. Palani and K. Y. Kim, “On the diffusion of a chemically reactive species in a convective flow past a vertical plate,” Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 57–66, 2011.
- I. Muhaimin and R. Kandasamy, “Local nonsimilarity solution for the impact of a chemical reaction in an MHD mixed convection heat and mass transfer flow over a porous wedge in the presence of suction/injection,” Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 721–731, 2010.
- G. M. Abdel-Rahman, “Thermal-diffusion and MHD for Soret and Dufour's effects on Hiemenz flow and mass transfer of fluid flow through porous medium onto a stretching surface,” Physica B, vol. 405, no. 11, pp. 2560–2569, 2010.
- E. M. A. Elbashbeshy, “Heat transfer over an exponentially stretching continuous surface with suction,” Archives of Mechanics, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 643–651, 2001.
- A. M. Rohni, S. Ahmad, and I. Pop, “Note on Cortell's non-linearly stretching permeable sheet,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 55, no. 21-22, pp. 5846–5852, 2012.
- R. Cortell, “Viscous flow and heat transfer over a nonlinearly stretching sheet,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 184, no. 2, pp. 864–873, 2007.
- R. Cortell, “Effects of viscous dissipation and radiation on the thermal boundary layer over a nonlinearly stretching sheet,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 5, pp. 631–636, 2008.
- F. T. Akyildiz and D. A. Siginer, “Galerkin-Legendre spectral method for the velocity and thermal boundary layers over a non-linearly stretching sheet,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 735–741, 2010.
- R. C. Bataller, “Similarity solutions for flow and heat transfer of a quiescent fluid over a nonlinearly stretching surface,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 203, no. 1–3, pp. 176–183, 2008.
- K. V. Prasad and K. Vajravelu, “Heat transfer in the MHD flow of a power law fluid over a non-isothermal stretching sheet,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 52, no. 21-22, pp. 4956–4965, 2009.
- S. K. Khan and E. Sanjayanand, “Viscoelastic boundary layer MHD flow through a porous medium over a porous quadratic stretching sheet,” Archives of Mechanics, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 191–204, 2004.
- A. Raptis and C. Perdikis, “Viscous flow over a non-linearly stretching sheet in the presence of a chemical reaction and magnetic field,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 527–529, 2006.
- N. A. Kelson, “Note on similarity solutions for viscous flow over an impermeable and non-linearly (quadratic) stretching sheet,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 1090–1091, 2011.
- A. Ahmad and S. Asghar, “Flow of a second grade fluid over a sheet stretching with arbitrary velocities subject to a transverse magnetic field,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 1905–1909, 2011.
- R. Cortell, “MHD flow and mass transfer of an electrically conducting fluid of second grade in a porous medium over a stretching sheet with chemically reactive species,” Chemical Engineering and Processing, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 721–728, 2007.
- H. I. Andersson, K. H. Bech, and B. S. Dandapat, “Magnetohydrodynamic flow of a power-law fluid over a stretching sheet,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 929–936, 1992.
- K. Vajravelu, K. V. Prasad, and N. S. Prasanna Rao, “Diffusion of a chemically reactive species of a power-law fluid past a stretching surface,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 93–108, 2011.
- F. T. Akyildiz, H. Bellout, and K. Vajravelu, “Diffusion of chemically reactive species in a porous medium over a stretching sheet,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 320, no. 1, pp. 322–339, 2006.
- H. I. Andersson, O. R. Hansen, and B. Holmedal, “Diffusion of a chemically reactive species from a stretching sheet,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 659–664, 1994.
- O. D. Makinde, “On MHD heat and mass transfer over a moving vertical plate with a convective surface boundary condition,” Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 88, no. 6, pp. 983–990, 2010.