- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 783476, 21 pages
A Cost-Effective Planning Graph Approach for Large-Scale Web Service Composition
1Institute of Information Management, National Chiao Tung University, Hsin-Chu 300, Taiwan
2Faculty of Computing and Engineering, Coventry University, Coventry CV1 5FB, UK
Received 16 November 2011; Revised 25 January 2012; Accepted 28 January 2012
Academic Editor: Jung-Fa Tsai
Copyright © 2012 Szu-Yin Lin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Haas and A. Brown, “Web Services Glossary,” http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-gloss/.
- D. Booth, H. Haas, F. McCabe, et al., “Web Services Architecture,” http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-arch/.
- M. Kuzu and N. K. Cicekli, “Dynamic planning approach to automated web service composition,” Applied Intelligence, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 1–28, 2010.
- S. Wang, W. Shen, and Q. Hao, “Agent based workflow ontology for dynamic business process composition,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design (CSCWD '05), pp. 452–457, Coventry, UK, 2005.
- L. Qiu, L. Chang, F. Lin, and Z. Shi, “Context optimization of AI planning for semantic Web services composition,” Service Oriented Computing and Applications, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 117–128, 2007.
- A. Alves, A. Arkin, S. Askary, et al., “Web Services Business Process Execution Language Version 2.0,” OASIS WSBPEL TC, 2007.
- X. Zheng and Y. Yan, “An efficient syntactic web service composition algorithm based on the planning graph model,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS '08), pp. 691–699, September 2008.
- Y. Yan and X. Zheng, “A planning graph based algorithm for semantic web service composition,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Joint Conference on E-Commerce Technology (CEC '08) and Enterprise Computing, E-Commerce and E-Services (EEE '08), pp. 339–342, July 2008.
- J. Peer, Web Service Composition as AI Planning—a Survey, University of St.Gallen, St. Gallen, Switzerland, 2005.
- A. L. Blum and M. L. Furst, “Fast planning through planning graph analysis,” Artificial Intelligence, vol. 90, no. 1-2, pp. 281–300, 1997.
- S. Kambhampati and M. B. Do, “Planning as constraint satisfaction: Solving the planning graph by compiling it into CSP,” Artificial Intelligence, vol. 132, no. 2, pp. 151–182, 2001.
- S. Russell and P. Norvig, Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach, Prentice Hall Press, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2009.
- Y. Dimopoulos, B. Nebel, and J. Koehler, “Encoding planning problems in nonmonotonic logic programs,” in Proceedings of the 4th European Conference on Planning: Recent Advances in AI Planning (ECP '97), pp. 169–181, Toulouse, France, 1997.
- S. C. Oh and D. Lee, “WSBen: A web services discovery and composition benchmark toolkit,” International Journal of Web Services Research, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 1–19, 2009.
- X. F. Wang and G. Chen, “Complex networks: Small-world, scale-free and beyond,” IEEE Circuits and Systems Magazine, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 6–20, 2003.