- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 786281, 18 pages
CT Metal Artifact Reduction Method Based on Improved Image Segmentation and Sinogram In-Painting
1Laboratory of Image Science and Technology, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, China
2Centre de Recherche en Information Biomedicale Sino-Francais (LIA CRIBs), 35042 Rennes, France
3Laboratoire Traitement du Signal et de l'Image (LTSI) INSERM U642, Université de Rennes I, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France
4Department of Radiology, General Hospital of Tianjin Medical University, Tianjing 300052, China
5Department of Radiology, Nanjing First Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Received 21 February 2012; Revised 25 June 2012; Accepted 27 June 2012
Academic Editor: Fatih Yaman
Copyright © 2012 Yang Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. A. Kalender, R. Hebel, and J. Ebersberger, “Reduction of CT artifacts caused by metallic implants,” Radiology, vol. 164, no. 2, pp. 576–577, 1987.
- M. Robert, G. Michael, and H. David, “Artifact analysis and reconstruction improvement in helical cardiac cone beam CT,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 1150–1164, 2004.
- X. Zhang, J. Wang, and L. Xing, “Metal artifact reduction in x-ray computed tomography (CT) by constrained optimization,” Medical Physics, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 701–711, 2011.
- C. Lemmens, D. Faul, and J. Nuyts, “Suppression of metal artifacts in CT using a reconstruction procedure that combines MAP and projection completion,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 250–260, 2009.
- Y. Chen, D. Gao, C. Nie et al., “Bayesian statistical reconstruction for low-dose X-ray computed tomography using an adaptive-weighting nonlocal prior.,” Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 495–500, 2009.
- J. W. Gu, L. Zhang, G. Q. Yu, Y. X. Xing, and Z. Q. Chen, “X-ray CT metal artifacts reduction through curvature based sinogram inpainting,” Journal of X-Ray Science and Technology, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 73–82, 2006.
- W. J. H. Veldkamp, R. M. S. Joemai, A. J. Van Der Molen, and J. Geleijns, “Development and validation of segmentation and interpolation techniques in sinograms for metal artifact suppression in CT,” Medical Physics, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 620–628, 2010.
- D. Prell, Y. Kyriakou, M. Beister, and W. A. Kalender, “A novel forward projection-based metal artifact reduction method for flat-detector computed tomography,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 54, no. 21, pp. 6575–6591, 2009.
- D. Prell, Y. Kyriakou, T. Struffert, A. Dörfler, and W. A. Kalender, “Metal artifact reduction for clipping and coiling in interventional C-Arm CT,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 634–639, 2010.
- E. Meyer, R. Raupach, M. Lell, B. Schmidt, and M. Kachelrieß, “Normalized metal artifact reduction (NMAR) in computed tomography,” Medical Physics, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 5482–5493, 2010.
- Y. Zhang, Y. F. Pu, J. R. Hu, Y. Liu, Q. L. Chen, and J. L. Zhou, “Efficient CT metal artifact reduction based on fractional-order curvature diffusion,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2011, Article ID Article ID, 173748, 9 pages, 2011.
- M. Bal and L. Spies, “Metal artifact reduction in CT using tissue-class modeling and adaptive prefiltering,” Medical Physics, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 2852–2859, 2006.
- Y. Chen, W. Chen, X. Yin et al., “Improving low-dose abdominal CT images by Weighted Intensity Averaging over Large-scale Neighborhoods,” European Journal of Radiology, 2010.
- A. Buades, B. Coll, and J. M. Morel, “A review of image denoising algorithms, with a new one,” Multiscale Modeling and Simulation, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 490–530, 2005.
- Y. Chen, J. Ma, Q. Feng, L. Luo, P. Shi, and W. Chen, “Nonlocal prior Bayesian tomographic reconstruction,” Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 133–146, 2008.
- A. Kharlamov and V. Podlozhnyuk, “Image Denoising,” Tech. Rep., NVIDIA, Santa Clara, Calif, USA, 2007.
- Accelerating MATLAB with CUDA Using MEX Files, (White Paper), http://developer.nvidia.com/object/matlab.
- Y. Chen, Y. S. Li, W. Yu, L. M. Luo, W. Chen, and C. Toumoulin, “Joint-map tomographic reconstruction with patch similarity based mixture prior model,” Multiscale Modeling and Simulation, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 1399–1419, 2011.
- Q. W. Lu and W. F. Chen, “Image segmentation based on mutual information,” Chinese Journal of Computers, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 296–301, 2006.
- J. Rigau, M. Feixas, M. Sbert, A. Bardera, and I. Boada, “Medical image segmentation based on mutual information maximization,” in Proceeding of the 7th International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention (MICCAI '04), pp. 135–142, September 2004.
- D. Bertsimas and J. Tsitsiklis, “Simulated annealing,” Statistical Science, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 10–15, 1993.
- A. Criminisi, P. Pérez, and K. Toyama, “Region filling and object removal by exemplar-based image inpainting,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 1200–1212, 2004.
- A. Wong and J. Orchard, “A nonlocal-means approach to exemplar-based inpainting,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP '08), pp. 2600–2603, October 2008.
- W. Wei, G. Jinghuai, and L. Kang, “Structure-Adaptive anisotropic filter with local structure tensors,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Intelligent Information Technology Application (IITA '08), pp. 1005–1010, December 2008.
- M. Meilinger, O. Schütz, C. Schmidgunst, and E. W. Lang, “Projective segmentation of metal implants in cone beam computed tomographic images,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 2011.
- Y. S. Li, Y. Chen, Y. N. Hu et al., “Strategy of computed tomography sinogram inpainting based on sinusoid-like curve decomposition and eigenvector-guided interpolation,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 153–163, 2012.