- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 802420, 15 pages
Multiscale Numerical Study of 3D Polymer Crystallization during Cooling Stage
Department of Computational Mathematics, Henan University of Science and Technology, Luoyang 471003, China
Received 18 May 2012; Accepted 23 July 2012
Academic Editor: Hung Nguyen-Xuan
Copyright © 2012 Chunlei Ruan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Swaminarayan and C. Charbon, “A multiscale model for polymer crystallization. I: growth of individual spherulites,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 634–643, 1998.
- B. Yang, X. R. Fu, W. Yang, L. Huang, M. B. Yang, and J. M. Feng, “Numerical prediction of phase-change heat conduction of injection-molded high density polyethylene thick-walled parts via the enthalpy transforming model with mushy zone,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 1707–1717, 2008.
- C. Charbon and S. Swaminarayan, “A multiscale model for polymer crystallization. II: solidification of a macroscopic part,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 644–656, 1998.
- T. Huang and M. R. Kamal, “Morphological modeling of polymer solidification,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 1796–1808, 2000.
- N. Prabhu, J. Schultz, S. G. Advani, and K. I. Jacob, “Role of coupling microscopic and macroscopic phenomena during the crystallization of semicrystalline polymers,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 1871–1885, 2001.
- C. Ruan, J. Ouyang, and S. Liu, “Multi-scale modeling and simulation of crystallization during cooling in short fiber reinforced composites,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 55, no. 7-8, pp. 1911–1921, 2012.
- D. Raabe, “Mesoscale simulation of spherulite growth during polymer crystallization by use of a cellular automaton,” Acta Materialia, vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 2653–2664, 2004.
- D. Raabe and A. Godara, “Mesoscale simulation of the kinetics and topology of spherulite growth during crystallization of isotactic polypropylene (iPP) by using a cellular automaton,” Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 733–751, 2005.
- J. X. Lin, C. Y. Wang, and Y. Y. Zheng, “Prediction of isothermal crystallization parameters in monomer cast nylon 6,” Computers and Chemical Engineering, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 3023–3029, 2008.
- R. Le Goff, G. Poutot, D. Delaunay, R. Fulchiron, and E. Koscher, “Study and modeling of heat transfer during the solidification of semi-crystalline polymers,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 48, no. 25-26, pp. 5417–5430, 2005.
- V. Capasso, Mathematical Modelling for Polymer Processing, vol. 2 of Mathematics in Industry, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2003.
- R. Pantani, I. Coccorullo, V. Speranza, and G. Titomanlio, “Modeling of morphology evolution in the injection molding process of thermoplastic polymers,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 30, no. 12, pp. 1185–1222, 2005.
- R. Pantani, I. Coccorullo, V. Speranza, and G. Titomanlio, “Morphology evolution during injection molding: effect of packing pressure,” Polymer, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 2778–2790, 2007.
- J. D. Hoffman and R. L. Miller, “Kinetics of crystallization from the melt and chain folding in polyethylene fractions revisited: theory and experiment,” Polymer, vol. 38, no. 13, pp. 3151–3212, 1997.
- S. V. Patankar, Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1980.
- C. Ruan, J. Ouyang, S. Liu, and L. Zhang, “Computer modeling of isothermal crystallization in short fiber reinforced composites,” Computers and Chemical Engineering, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 2306–2317, 2011.
- Q. Zheng, Y. Shangguan, S. Yan, Y. Song, M. Peng, and Q. Zhang, “Structure, morphology and non-isothermal crystallization behavior of polypropylene catalloys,” Polymer, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 3163–3174, 2005.