- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 848031, 21 pages
Wind-Induced Vibration Control of Dalian International Trade Mansion by Tuned Liquid Dampers
Faculty of Infrastructure Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116023, China
Received 29 May 2011; Accepted 30 June 2011
Academic Editor: Xue-Jun Xie
Copyright © 2012 Hong-Nan Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. H. Yi, H. N. Li, and M. Gu, “A new method for optimal selection of sensor location on a high-rise building using simplified finite element model,” Structural Engineering and Mechanics, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 671–684, 2011.
- J. S. Love and M. J. Tait, “Nonlinear simulation of a tuned liquid damper with damping screens using a modal expansion technique,” Journal of Fluids and Structures, vol. 26, no. 7-8, pp. 1058–1077, 2010.
- J. C. Wu, C. H. Chang, and Y. Y. Lin, “Optimal designs for non-uniform tuned liquid column dampers in horizontal motion,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 326, no. 1-2, pp. 104–122, 2009.
- L. Huo, G. Song, H. Li, and K. Grigoriadis, “H∞ robust control design of active structural vibration suppression using an active mass damper,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 17, no. 1, Article ID 015021, 2008.
- H. N. Li and X. L. Ni, “Optimization of non-uniformly distributed multiple tuned mass damper,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 308, no. 1-2, pp. 80–97, 2007.
- H. N. Li, Y. Jia, and S. Y. Wang, “Theoretical and experimental studies on reduction for multi-modal seismic responses of high-rise structures by tuned liquid dampers,” Journal of Vibration and Control, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 1041–1056, 2004.
- M. J. Tait, “Modelling and preliminary design of a structure-TLD system,” Engineering Structures, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 2644–2655, 2008.
- K. M. Shum, Y. L. Xu, and W. H. Guo, “Wind-induced vibration control of long span cable-stayed bridges using multiple pressurized tuned liquid column dampers,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 166–192, 2008.
- K. M. Shum, “Closed form optimal solution of a tuned liquid column damper for suppressing harmonic vibration of structures,” Engineering Structures, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 84–92, 2009.
- G. W. Housner, L. A. Bergman, T. K. Caughey et al., “Structural control: past, present, and future,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 123, no. 9, pp. 897–971, 1997.
- J. S. Love, M. J. Tait, and H. Toopchi-Nezhad, “A hybrid structural control system using a tuned liquid damper to reduce the wind induced motion of a base isolated structure,” Engineering Structures, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 738–746, 2011.
- H. F. Bauer, “Oscillations of immiscible liquids in a rectangular container: a new damper for excited structures,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 117–133, 1984.
- T. T. Soong and G. F. Dargush, Passive Energy Dissipation Systems in Structural Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- X. T. Zhang, R. C. Zhang, and Y. L. Xu, “Analysis on control of flow-induced vibration by tuned liquid damper with crossed tube-like containers,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 50, pp. 351–360, 1993.
- Y. Tamura, K. Fujii, T. Ohtsuki, T. Wakahara, and R. Kohsaka, “Effectiveness of tuned liquid dampers under wind excitation,” Engineering Structures, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 609–621, 1995.
- C. G. Koh, S. Mahatma, and C. M. Wang, “Reduction of structural vibrations by multiple-mode liquid dampers,” Engineering Structures, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 122–128, 1995.
- Y. Fujino, L. Sun, B. M. Pacheco, and P. Chaiseri, “Tuned liquid damper (TLD) for suppressing horizontal motion of structures,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 118, no. 10, pp. 2017–2030, 1992.
- K. Xu and T. Igusa, “Dynamic characteristics of multiple substructures with closely spaced frequencies,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 21, no. 12, pp. 1059–1070, 1992.
- A. Samanta and P. Banerji, “Structural vibration control using modified tuned liquid dampers,” Journal of The Institution of Engineers, Singapore, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 14–27, 2010.
- T. Yi, H. Li, and M. Gu, “Determination and comparison of optimal placement scheme for dalian internatioanl trade mansion,” Advanced Materials Research, vol. 243–249, pp. 5219–5222, 2011.
- H. C. Sun, N. S. Qu, and J. H. Lin, Computational Structural Dynamics for High Education, Dalian University of Technology Press, Dalian, China, 1992.
- X. T. Zhang, Calculations of Wind-Induced Pressure and Vibration for Structures, Publishers of Tongji University, Shanghai, China, 1985.
- Y. Li, H. Liao, and S. Qiang, “Simplifying the simulation of stochastic wind velocity fields for long cable-stayed bridges,” Computers and Structures, vol. 82, no. 20-21, pp. 1591–1598, 2004.
- X. T. Zhang, Calculation and Design Handbook of Engineering Resistant to Wind, China Architecture and Building Press, Beijing, China, 1998.
- H. N. Li, T. H. Yi, X. D. Yi, and G. X. Wang, “Measurement and analysis of wind-induced response of tall building based on GPS technology,” Advances in Structural Engineering, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 83–93, 2007.
- L. M. Sun, Y. Fujino, and K. Koga, “A model of tuned liquid damper for suppressing pitching motions of structures,” Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 625–636, 1995.