- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 848519, 17 pages
Detection and Isolation of Simultaneous Additive and Parametric Faults in Nonlinear Stochastic Dynamical Systems
Departamento Matemática Aplicada a las Tecnologías de la Información, ETSI Telecomunicación, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), 28040 Madrid, Spain
Received 31 August 2012; Revised 28 November 2012; Accepted 6 December 2012
Academic Editor: Huaguang Zhang
Copyright © 2012 Andrés Cuervo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Basseville and I. V. Nikiforov, Detection of Abrupt Changes: Theory and Application, Prentice Hall Information and System Sciences Series, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1993.
- J. J. Gertler, Fault Detection and Diagnosis in Engineering Systems, Marcel Dekker, 1998.
- R. Iserman, Fault-Diagnosis Systems: An Introduction to Fault Detection and Fault Tolerance, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- M. M. Polycarpou and A. T. Vemuri, “Learning methodology for failure detection and accommodation,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 16–24, 1995.
- G. Biswas, M. O. Cordier, J. Lunze, L. Travé-Massuyès, and M. Staroswiecki, “Diagnosis of complex systems: bridging the methodologies of the FDI and DX communities,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 2159–2162, 2004.
- P. M. Frank, “Fault diagnosis in dynamic systems using analytical and knowledge-based redundancy. A survey and some new results,” Automatica, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 459–474, 1990.
- E. A. García and P. M. Frank, “Deterministic nonlinear observer-based approaches to fault diagnosis: a survey,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 663–670, 1997.
- P. M. Frank, “Analytical and qualitative model-based fault diagnosis: a survey and some new results,” European Journal of Control, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 26–28, 1996.
- C. De Persis and A. Isidori, “A geometric approach to nonlinear fault detection and isolation,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 853–865, 2001.
- M. M. Polycarpou and A. B. Trunov, “Learning approach to nonlinear fault diagnosis: detectability analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 806–812, 2000.
- Z. Wang and H. Zhang, “Design of a bilinear fault detection observer for singular bilinear systems,” Journal of Control Theory and Applications, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 28–36, 2007.
- X. Zhang, T. Parisini, and M. M. Polycarpou, “Sensor bias fault isolation in a class of nonlinear systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 370–376, 2005.
- B. Jiang, M. Staroswiecki, and V. Cocquempot, “Fault accommodation for nonlinear dynamic systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 51, no. 9, pp. 1578–1583, 2006.
- M. Du, Fault diagnosis and fault tolerant control of chemical process systems [Ph.D. thesis], McMaster University, 2012.
- H. Yang, B. Jiang, V. Cocquempot, and H. Zhang, “Stabilization of switched nonlinear systems with all unstable modes: application to multi-agent systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 2230–2235, 2011.
- X. Zhang, M. M. Polycarpou, and T. Parisini, “Design and analysis of a fault isolation scheme for a class of uncertain nonlinear systems,” Annual Reviews in Control, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 107–121, 2008.
- X. Zhang, M. M. Polycarpou, and T. Parisini, “Fault diagnosis of a class of nonlinear uncertain systems with Lipschitz nonlinearities using adaptive estimation,” Automatica, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 290–299, 2010.
- M. Basseville, “On-board component fault detection and isolation using the statistical local approach,” Automatica, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 1391–1415, 1998.
- S. Tafazoli and X. Sun, “Hybrid system state tracking and fault detection using particle filters,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 1078–1087, 2006.
- Q. Zhang, F. Campillo, F. Cérou, and F. LeGland, “Nonlinear system fault detection and isolation based on bootstrap particle filters,” in Proceedings of the 44th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, and the European Control Conference, (CDC-ECC '05), pp. 3821–3826, December 2005.
- A. Xu and Q. Zhang, “Nonlinear system fault diagnosis based on adaptive estimation,” Automatica, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 1181–1193, 2004.
- M. W. Hofbaur and B. C. Williams, “Hybrid estimation of complex systems,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 2178–2191, 2004.
- A. Castillo, Fault detection and isolation via continuous time statistics [Ph.D. thesis], E.T.S. Ingenieros Industriales (Universidad Politcnica de Madrid), 2006.
- A. Castillo and P. J. Zufiria, “Fault detection schemes for continuous-time stochastic dynamical systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 1820–1836, 2009.
- U. Münz and P. J. Zufiria, “Diagnosis of unknown parametric faults in non-linear stochastic dynamical systems,” International Journal of Control, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 603–619, 2009.
- P. J. Zufiria, “A formulation for fault detection in stochastic continuous-time dynamical systems,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 86, no. 10-11, pp. 1778–1797, 2009.
- P. J. Zufiria, “Analysis of the detectability time in fault detection schemes for continuous-time systems,” in Proceedings of the International Conference Computational and Mathematical Methods in Science and Engineering (CMMSE '09), vol. 4, pp. 1151–1162, Gijón, Spain, 2009.
- A. Castillo and P. J. Zufiria, “Fault isolation schemes for a class of continuous-time stochastic dynamical systems,” In press.
- P. J. Zufiria, “A mathematical framework for new fault detection schemes in nonlinear stochastic continuous-time dynamical systems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 23, pp. 11391–11403, 2012.
- B. E. Goodlin, D. S. Boning, H. H. Sawin, and B. M. Wise, “Simultaneous fault detection and classification for semiconductor manufacturing tools,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 150, no. 12, pp. G778–G784, 2003.
- H. Li and J. E. Braun, “A methodology for diagnosing multiple-simultaneous faults in rooftop air conditioners,” in Proceedings of the International Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Conference, no. paper 667, 2004, http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/iracc/667.
- Y. I. Lu and J. Pond, “Analysis of simutaneous faults using short circuit simulations and fault records,” in Proceedings of the Georgia Tech Fault and Disturbance Analysis Conference, May 2008.
- I. Yélamos, G. Escudero, M. Graells, and L. Puigjaner, “Simultaneous fault diagnosis in chemical plants using support vector machines,” in Proceedings of the 17th European Symposium on Computer Aided Process Engineering (ESCAPE '07), V. Plesu and P. S. Agachi, Eds., Elsevier, 2007.
- E. Bullinger and F. Allgower, “An adaptive high-gain observer for nonlinear systems,” in Proceedings of the 36th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 4348–4353, San Diego, Calif, USA, December 1997.
- A. Tornambè, “High-gain observers for nonlinear systems,” International Journal of Systems Science, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 1475–1489, 1992.
- M. Reble, U. Münz, and F. Allgöwer, “Diagnosis of parametric faults in multivariable nonlinear systems,” in Proceedings of the 46th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC '07), pp. 366–371, New Orleans, La, USA, December 2007.
- A. Papoulis, Probability, Random Variables, and Stochastic Processes, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1965.
- X. Zhang, M. M. Polycarpou, and T. Parisini, “A robust detection and isolation scheme for abrupt and incipient faults in nonlinear systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 576–593, 2002.