- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 857210, 7 pages
Entropy-Based Maximally Stable Extremal Regions for Robust Feature Detection
1Digital Interactive Media Laboratory, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100190, China
2College of Computer Science and Technology, Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou 310023, China
Received 25 August 2012; Accepted 2 October 2012
Academic Editor: Sheng-yong Chen
Copyright © 2012 Huiwen Cai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Matas, O. Chum, M. Urban, and T. Pajdla, “Robust wide-baseline stereo from maximally stable extremal regions,” Image and Vision Computing, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 761–767, 2004.
- C. Cattani, “Shannon wavelets for the solution of integrodifferential equations,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 408418, 22 pages, 2010.
- S. Y. Chen, G. J. Luo, X. Li, S. M. Ji, and B. W. Zhang, “The specular exponent as a criterion for appearance quality assessment of pearl-like objects by artificial vision,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 3264–3272, 2012.
- X. Zhang, Y. Zhang, J. Zhang, et al., “Unsupervised clustering for logo images using singular values region covariance matrices on Lie groups,” Optical Engineering, vol. 51, no. 4, Article ID 047005, 8 pages, 2012.
- K. Mikolajczyk, T. Tuytelaars, C. Schmid et al., “A comparison of affine region detectors,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 65, no. 1-2, pp. 43–72, 2005.
- J. Zhang, S. Y. Chen, S. Liu, and Q. Guan, “Normalized weighted shape context and its application in feature-based matching,” Optical Engineering, vol. 47, no. 9, Article ID 097201, 2008.
- S. Y. Chen, H. Tong, Z. Wang, S. Liu, M. Li, and B. Zhang, “Improved generalized belief propagation for vision processing,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 416963, 12 pages, 2011.
- P. E. Forssén and D. G. Lowe, “Shape descriptors for maximally stable extremal regions,” in Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV'07), pp. 1–8, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, October 2007.
- C. Cattani, S. Y. Chen, and G. Aldashev, “Information and modeling in complexity,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 868413, 4 pages, 2012.
- S. Y. Chen, H. Tong, and C. Cattani, “Markov models for image labeling,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 814356, 18 pages, 2012.
- M. Li, C. Cattani, and S. Y. Chen, “Viewing sea level by a one-dimensional random function with long memory,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 654284, 13 pages, 2011.
- M. Perdoch, J. Matas, and S. Obdrzalek, “Stable affine frames on isophotes,” in Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV'07), pp. 1–8, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, October 2007.
- T. Kadir and M. Brady, “Saliency, scale and image description,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 83–105, 2001.
- T. Tuytelaars and K. Mikolajczyk, “Local invariant feature detectors: a survey,” Foundations and Trends in Computer Graphics and Vision, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 177–280, 2007.
- D. Nistér H Stewénius, “Linear time maximally stable extremal regions,” in Proceedings of the Computer Vision-ECCV 2008, vol. 5303, pp. 183–196, 2008.
- P. E. Forssén, “Maximally stable colour regions for recognition and matching,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR'07), pp. 1–8, Minneapolis, Minn, USA, June 2007.
- T. Lindeberg, “Feature detection with automatic scale selection,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 79–116, 1998.
- S. Y. Chen and Y. F. Li, “Determination of stripe edge blurring for depth sensing,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 389–390, 2011.
- H. Liu, S. Chen, and N. Kubota, “Special section on intelligent video systems and analytics,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 8, no. 1, article 90, 2012.