- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 864652, 24 pages
Knowledge Reduction Based on Divide and Conquer Method in Rough Set Theory
Chongqing Key Laboratory of Computational Intelligence, Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Chongqing 400065, China
Received 27 June 2012; Revised 18 September 2012; Accepted 2 October 2012
Academic Editor: P. Liatsis
Copyright © 2012 Feng Hu and Guoyin Wang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Bargiela and W. Pedryc, Human-Centric Information Processing Through Granular Modelling, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1997.
- W. Pedrycz, A. Skowron, and V. Kreinovich, Handbook of Granular Computing, Wiley Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 2007.
- J. T. Yao, Novel Developments in Granular Computing, Applications for Advanced Human Reasoning and Soft Computation, Information Science Reference, Herskey, Pa, USA, 2010.
- J. Yao, “A ten-year review of granular computing,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing (GRC '07), pp. 734–739, November 2007.
- Y. Y. Yao, “Granular computing: past, present and future,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing, pp. 80–85, 2008.
- Y. Y. Yao and J. G. Luo., “Top-down progressive computing,” in Proceedings of the RSKT, pp. 734–742, Springer, Regina, Canada, 2011.
- Z. Pawlak, “Rough sets,” International Journal of Computer and Information Sciences, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 341–356, 1982.
- Z. Pawlak and A. Skowron, “Rudiments of rough sets,” Information Sciences, vol. 177, no. 1, pp. 3–27, 2007.
- Z. Pawlak and A. Skowron, “Rough sets: some extensions,” Information Sciences, vol. 177, no. 1, pp. 28–40, 2007.
- Z. Pawlak and A. Skowron, “Rough sets and boolean reasoning,” Information Sciences, vol. 177, no. 1, pp. 41–73, 2007.
- J. W. Grzymala-Busse, “A new version of the rule induction system LERS,” Fundamenta Informaticae, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 27–39, 1997.
- F. Hu and G. Y. Wang, “A quick reduction algorithm based on attribute order,” Chinese Journal of Computers, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 1430–1435, 2007 (Chinese).
- F. Hu, G. Wang, and Y. Xia, “Attribute core computing based on divide and conquer method,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Rough Sets and Intelligent Systems Paradigms (RSEISP '07), M. Kryszkiewicz, et al., Ed., Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 4585, pp. 310–319, springer, Warsaw, Poland, 2007.
- F. Hu, G. Wang, and J. Dai, “Quick discretization algorithm for rough set based on dynamic clustering,” Journal of Southwest Jiaotong University, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 977–983, 2010 (Chinese).
- K. Hu, Y. Lu, and C. Shi, “Feature ranking in rough sets,” AI Communications, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 41–50, 2003.
- X. Hu, N. Cercone, and N. Cercone, “Learning in relational databases: a rough set approach,” Computational Intelligence, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 323–338, 1995.
- M. Kryszkiewicz and H. Rybinski, “Computation of reducts of composed information systems,” Fundamenta Informaticae, vol. 27, no. 2-3, pp. 183–195, 1996.
- D. F. Li, G. B. Li, and W. Zhang, “U/a partition based smallest reduction construction,” Journal of Wuhan University, vol. 51, pp. 269–272, 2005 (Chinese).
- T. Y. Lin and N. Cercone, Eds., Rough Sets and Data Mining-Analysis of Imperfect Data, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, Mass, USA, 1997.
- Q.-H. Liu, F. Li, F. Min, M. Ye, and G.-W. Yang, “Efficient knowledge reduction algorithm based on new conditional information entropy,” Control and Decision, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 878–882, 2005 (Chinese).
- S. W. Liu, Q.-J. Sheng, B. Wu, Z.-Z. Shi, F. Hu, et al., “Research on efficient algorithms for rough set methods,” Chinese Journal of Computers, vol. 40, pp. 637–642, 2003 (Chinese).
- D. Miao, C. Gao, N. Zhang, and Z. Zhang, “Diverse reduct subspaces based co-training for partially labeled data,” International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 1103–1117, 2011.
- J. M. Mikhail, P. Marcin, and Z. Beata, “On partial covers, reducts and decision rules with weights,” in Proceedings on Transactions on Rough Sets 6, vol. 4374 of Lecture Notes in Computer Sciences 4374, pp. 211–246, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2007.
- R. C. Michal, J. W. Grzymala-Busse, W. P. Neil, and T. Soe, “The rule induction system LERSa new version for personal computers,” in Proceeding of the International Workshop on Rough Sets and Knowledge Discovery (RSKD '93), Alberta, Canada, 1993.
- J. M. Moshkov, A. Skowron, and Z. Suraj, “On minimal rule sets for almost all binary information systems,” Fundamenta Informaticae, vol. 80, no. 1–3, pp. 247–258, 2008.
- H. S. Nguyen, “From optimal hyperplanes to optimal decision trees,” Fundamenta Informaticae, vol. 34, no. 1-2, pp. 145–174, 1998.
- H. S. Nguyen, “A soft decision tree,” in Proceedings of the Intelligent Information Systems (IIS '02), M. A. Klopotek, S. Wierzchon, and M. Michalewicz, Eds., Advanced in Soft Computing, pp. 57–66, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2002.
- H. S. Nguyen, “Approximate Boolean reasoning: foundations and applications in data mining,” in Transactions on Rough Sets 5, vol. 4100, pp. 334–506, Springer, Berlinm Germany, 2006.
- H. S. Nguyen, A. Skowron, and P. Synak, “Discovery of data patterns with applications to decomposition and classification problems,” in Rough sets in knowledge discovery 2, L. Polkowski and A. Skowron, Eds., vol. 19, pp. 55–97, Physica, Berlin, Germany, 1998.
- S. H. Nguyen and H. S. Nguyen, “Some efficient algorithms for rough set methods,” in Proceedings of the Conference of Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-Based Systems (IPMU '96), pp. 1451–1456, Granada, Spain, 1996.
- S. H. Nguyen and H. S. Nguyen, “Pattern extraction from data,” Fundamenta Informaticae, vol. 34, no. 1-2, pp. 129–144, 1998.
- S. K. Pal, L. Polkowski, and A. Skowron, Rough-Neural Computing: Techniques for Computing with Words, Cognitive Technologies, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2004.
- Y. Qian, J. Liang, W. Pedrycz, and C. Dang, “An efficient accelerator for attribute reduction from incomplete data in rough set framework,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 1658–1670, 2011.
- A. Skowron and C. Rauszer, “The discernibility functions matrics and functions in information systems,” in Intelligent Decision Support—Handbook of Applications and Advances of the Rough Sets Theory, R. Slowinski, Ed., pp. 331–362, Kluwer Academic Publisher, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1992.
- A. Skowron, Z. Pawlak, J. Komorowski, and L. Polkowski, “A rough set perspective on data and knowledge,” in Handbook of KDD, W. Kloesgen and J. Zytkow, Eds., pp. 134–149, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 2002.
- G. Y. Wang, Rough Set Theory and Knowledge Acquisition, Xi'an Jiaotong University Press, 2001.
- G. Y. Wang, H. Yu, and D. C. Yang, “Decision table reduction based on conditional information entropy,” Chinese Journal of Computers, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 759–766, 2002 (Chinese).
- Jue Wang and Ju Wang, “Reduction algorithms based on discernibility matrix: the ordered attributes method,” Journal of Computer Science and Technology, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 489–504, 2001.
- Y. Yao and Y. Zhao, “Discernibility matrix simplification for constructing attribute reducts,” Information Sciences, vol. 179, no. 7, pp. 867–882, 2009.
- H.-Z. Yang, L. Yee, and M.-W. Shao, “Rule acquisition and attribute reduction in real decision formal contexts,” Soft Computing, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 1115–1128, 2011.
- M. Zhao, The data description based on reduct [Ph.D. dissertation], Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Bejing, China, 2004.
- J. Zhou, D. Miao, W. Pedrycz, and H. Zhang, “Analysis of alternative objective functions for attribute reduction in complete decision tables,” Soft Computing, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 1601–1616, 2011.
- W. Ziarko, N. Cerone, and X. Hu, “Rule discovery from database with decision matrices,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on Foundation of Intelligent Systems (ISMIS '96), pp. 653–662, Zakopane, Poland, May 1996.
- X. Wu, V. P. Kumar, R. S. Quinlan et al., et al., “Top 10 algorithms in data mining,” Knowledge and Information Systems, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 1–37, 2008.
- F. Hu and G. Y. Wang, “Analysis of the complexity of quick sort for two-dimensional tables,” Chinese Journal of Computers, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 963–968, 2007 (Chinese).