- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 865461, 11 pages
Dynamic Analysis of Cracked Cantilever, Electrostatic Microactuators Using Radial Basis Functions
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Penghu University of Science and Technology, Magong, Penghu, Taiwan
Received 10 July 2012; Revised 7 November 2012; Accepted 17 November 2012
Academic Editor: Slim Choura
Copyright © 2012 Ming-Hung Hsu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Legtenberg, J. Gilbert, S. D. Senturia, and M. Elwenspoek, “Electrostatic curved electrode actuators,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 257–265, 1997.
- H. Hong, J. N. Hung, and Y. H. Guu, “Various fatigue testing of polycrystalline silicon microcantilever beam in bending,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 5256–5261, 2008.
- A. Mehdaoui, M. B. Pisani, R. Fritschi, P. Ancey, and A. M. Ionescu, “Vertical co-integration of AlSi MEMS tunable capacitors and Cu inductors for tunable LC blocks,” Microelectronic Engineering, vol. 84, no. 5–8, pp. 1369–1373, 2007.
- J. A. Etxeberria and F. J. Gracia, “Tunable MEMS volume capacitors for high voltage applications,” Microelectronic Engineering, vol. 84, no. 5–8, pp. 1393–1397, 2007.
- Z. Liu, M. Kim, N. Y. M. Shen, and E. C. Kan, “Actuation by electrostatic repulsion by nonvolatile charge injection,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 119, no. 1, pp. 236–244, 2005.
- A. J. Gallant and D. Wood, “The role of fabrication techniques on the performance of widely tunable micromachined capacitors,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 110, no. 1–3, pp. 423–431, 2004.
- R. L. Borwick III, P. A. Stupar, J. DeNatale et al., “A high Q, large tuning range MEMS capacitor for RF filter systems,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 103, no. 1-2, pp. 33–41, 2003.
- K. F. Harsh, B. Su, W. Zhang, V. M. Bright, and Y. C. Lee, “Realization and design considerations of a flip-chip integrated MEMS tunable capacitor,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 108–118, 2000.
- P. Osterberg, H. Yie, X. Cai, J. White, and S. Senturia, “Self-consistent simulation and modeling of electrostatically deformed diaphragms,” Proceedings of the IEEE Micro Electro Mechanical Systems, pp. 28–32, 1994.
- P. M. Osterberg and S. D. Senturia, “M-test: a test chip for MEMS material property measurement using electrostatically actuated test structures,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 107–118, 1997.
- J. R. Gilbert, R. Legtenberg, and S. D. Senturia, “3D coupled electro-mechanics for MEMS: applications of CoSolve-EM,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Micro Electro Mechanical Systems Conference, pp. 122–127, February 1995.
- M. Elwenspoek, M. Weustink, and R. Legtenberg, “Static and dynamic properties of active joints,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors and Actuators and Eurosensors, pp. 412–415, June 1995.
- F. Shi, P. Ramesh, and S. Mukherjee, “Simulation methods for micro-electro-mechanical structures (MEMS) with application to a microtweezer,” Computers and Structures, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 769–783, 1995.
- M. A. Gretillat, Y. J. Yang, E. S. Hung et al., “Nonlinear electromechanical behavior of an electrostatic microrelay,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Solid-State Sensors and Actuators, pp. 1141–1144, June 1997.
- E. S. Hung and S. D. Senturia, “Extending the travel range of analog-tuned electrostatic actuators,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 497–505, 1999.
- E. K. Chan, K. Garikipati, and R. W. Dutton, “Characterization of contact electromechanics through capacitance-voltage measurements and simulations,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 208–217, 1999.
- G. Li and N. R. Aluru, “Linear, nonlinear and mixed-regime analysis of electrostatic MEMS,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 278–291, 2001.
- S. W. Chyuan, Y. S. Liao, and J. T. Chen, “An efficient method for solving electrostatic problems,” Computing in Science and Engineering, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 52–58, 2003.
- S. W. Chyuan, Y. S. Liao, and J. T. Chen, “Computational study of variations in gap size for the electrostatic levitating force of MEMS device using dual BEM,” Microelectronics Journal, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 739–748, 2004.
- Y. S. Liao, S. W. Chyuan, and J. T. Chen, “Efficaciously modeling the exterior electrostatic problems with singularity for electron devices,” Circuits and Devices Magazine, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 25–34, 2004.
- D. Y. Qiao, W. Z. Yuan, and X. Y. Li, “A two-beam method for extending the working range of electrostatic parallel-plate micro-actuators,” Journal of Electrostatics, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 256–262, 2007.
- E. J. Kansa, “Multiquadrics—a scattered data approximation scheme with applications to computational fluid-dynamics-I surface approximations and partial derivative estimates,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 19, no. 8-9, pp. 127–145, 1990.
- E. J. Kansa, “Multiquadrics—a scattered data approximation scheme with applications to computational fluid-dynamics-II solutions to parabolic, hyperbolic and elliptic partial differential equations,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 19, no. 8-9, pp. 147–161, 1990.
- J. G. Wang and G. R. Liu, “A point interpolation meshless method based on radial basis functions,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 1623–1648, 2002.
- Z. Elfelsoufi and L. Azrar, “Buckling, flutter and vibration analyses of beams by integral equation formulations,” Computers and Structures, vol. 83, no. 31-32, pp. 2632–2649, 2005.
- Y. C. Hon, M. W. Lu, W. M. Xue, and Y. M. Zhu, “Multiquadric method for the numerical solution of a biphasic mixture model,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 88, no. 2-3, pp. 153–175, 1997.
- G. R. Liu, X. Zhao, K. Y. Dai, Z. H. Zhong, G. Y. Li, and X. Han, “Static and free vibration analysis of laminated composite plates using the conforming radial point interpolation method,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 354–366, 2008.
- G. B. Wright, Radial basis function interpolation: numerical and analytical developments [Ph.D. thesis], University of Colorado at Boulder, 2003.
- M. D. Buhmann, Radial Basis Functions: Theory and Implementations, Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- K. S. Chen and K. S. Ou, “Development and verification of 2D dynamic electromechanical coupling solver for micro-electrostatic-actuator applications,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 136, no. 1, pp. 403–411, 2007.
- R. W. Clough and J. Penzien, Dynamics of Structures, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- S. S. Rao, Mechanical Vibrations, Addison-Wesley, New York, NY, USA, 1990.
- D. Broek, Elementary Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Martinus Nijhoff, Leiden, The Netherlands, 1986.
- H. Tada, P. C. Paris, and G. R. Irwin, The Stress Analysis of Crack Handbook, Professional Engineering, 2000.
- Y. Liu, K. M. Liew, Y. C. Hon, and X. Zhang, “Numerical simulation and analysis of an electroactuated beam using a radial basis function,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 1163–1171, 2005.