- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 878109, 13 pages
A Tikhonov-Type Regularization Method for Identifying the Unknown Source in the Modified Helmholtz Equation
1Institute of Wave and Information, National Engineering Laboratory for Offshore Oil Exploration, School of Electronic and Information Engineering, Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an, Shaanxi 710049, China
2School of Mathematics and Statistics, Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an, Shaanxi 710049, China
Received 30 September 2012; Revised 16 November 2012; Accepted 22 November 2012
Academic Editor: Carla Roque
Copyright © 2012 Jinghuai Gao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Greengard and M. C. Kropinski, “An integral equation approach to the incompressible Navier-Stokes equations in two dimensions,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 318–336, 1998.
- C. J. S. Alves, J. B. Abdallah, and M. Jaoua, “Recovery of cracks using a point-source reciprocity gap function,” Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 519–534, 2004.
- S. Andrieux and A. Ben Abda, “Identification of planar cracks by complete overdetermined data: inversion formulae,” Inverse Problems, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 553–563, 1996.
- J. M. Barry, Heat Source Determination in Waste Rock Dumps, World Scientific Publishing Co., River Edge, NJ, USA, 1998.
- F. Yang and C.-L. Fu, “The method of simplified Tikhonov regularization for dealing with the inverse time-dependent heat source problem,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 1228–1236, 2010.
- F. Geng and Y. Lin, “Application of the variational iteration method to inverse heat source problems,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 58, no. 11-12, pp. 2098–2102, 2009.
- Z. Yi and D. A. Murio, “Source term identification in 1-D IHCP,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 1921–1933, 2004.
- Z. Yi and D. A. Murio, “Identification of source terms in 2-D IHCP,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 47, no. 10-11, pp. 1517–1533, 2004.
- W. Cheng, L.-L. Zhao, and C.-L. Fu, “Source term identification for an axisymmetric inverse heat conduction problem,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 142–148, 2010.
- J. I. Frankel, “Residual-minimization least-squares method for inverse heat conduction,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 117–130, 1996.
- Y. C. Hon and T. Wei, “The method of fundamental solution for solving multidimensional inverse heat conduction problems,” Computer Modeling in Engineering and Sciences, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 119–132, 2005.
- M. Andrle and A. E. Badia, “Identification of multiple moving pollution sources in surface waters or atmospheric media with boundary observations,” Inverse Problems, vol. 28, no. 7, Article ID 075009, 2012.
- N. Magnoli and G. A. Viano, “The source identification problem in electromagnetic theory,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 2366–2388, 1997.
- J. I. Frankel, “Constraining inverse Stefan design problems,” Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Physik, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 456–466, 1996.
- A. Schuhmacher, J. Hald, K. B. Rasmussen, and P. C. Hansen, “Sound source reconstruction using inverse boundary element calculations,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 114–127, 2003.
- M. Hämäläinen, R. Hari, R. J. Ilmoniemi, J. Knuutila, and O. V. Lounasmaa, “Magnetoencephalography—theory, instrumentation, and applications to noninvasive studies of the working human brain,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 413–497, 1993.
- S. He and V. G. Romanov, “Identification of dipole sources in a bounded domain for Maxwell's equations,” Wave Motion, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 25–40, 1998.
- Yu. E. Anikonov, B. A. Bubnov, and G. N. Erokhin, Inverse and Ill-Posed Sources Problems, Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems Series, VSP, Utrecht, The Netherlands, 1997.
- A. E. Badia and T. Nara, “Inverse source problem for Helmholtz's equation from the Cauchy data with a single wave number,” Inverse Problems, vol. 27, Article ID 105001, 2011.
- Y. C. Hon, M. Li, and Y. A. Melnikov, “Inverse source identification by Green's function,” Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 352–358, 2010.
- V. Isakov, Inverse Source Problems, vol. 34 of Mathematical Surveys and Monographs, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 1990.
- M. Chapouly and M. Mirrahimi, “Distributed source identification for wave equations: an offline observer-based approach,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 57, pp. 2067–2073, 2012.
- S. Acosta, S. Chow, J. Taylor, and V. Villamizar, “On the multi-frequency inverse source problem in heterogeneous media,” Inverse Problems, vol. 28, Article ID 075013, 2012.
- R. A. Adams, Sobolev Spaces, Pure and Applied Mathematics, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- A. El Badia and T. Ha Duong, “Some remarks on the problem of source identification from boundary measurements,” Inverse Problems, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 883–891, 1998.
- G. A. Kriegsmann and W. E. Olmstead, “Source identification for the heat equation,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 241–245, 1988.
- H. W. Engl, M. Hanke, and A. Neubauer, Regularization of Inverse Problems, vol. 375 of Mathematics and its Applications, Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1996.
- A. N. Tiknonov and V. Y. Arsenin, Solutions of Ill-Posed Problems, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1977.
- F. Yang, H. Z. Guo, and X. X. Li, “The simplified Tikhonov regularization method for identifying the unknown source for the modified helmholtz equation,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 953492, 14 pages, 2011.
- Y.-J. Ma, C.-L. Fu, and Y.-X. Zhang, “Identification of an unknown source depending on both time and space variables by a variational method,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 36, no. 10, pp. 5080–5090, 2012.
- A. Kirsch, An Introduction to the Mathematical Theory of Inverse Problems, vol. 120, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1996.