- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 892575, 12 pages
A Method for Queue Length Estimation in an Urban Street Network Based on Roll Time Occupancy Data
1College of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
2School of Transportation Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150091, China
3College of Traffic and Transportation, Jilin University, Changchun 130022, China
Received 15 May 2012; Revised 19 August 2012; Accepted 26 August 2012
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2012 Dongfang Ma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Geroliminis and A. Skabardonis, “Identification and analysis of queue spillovers in city street networks,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 1107–1115, 2011.
- W. W. Guo, W. H. Wang, G. Wets, et al., “Influence of stretching-segment storage length on urban traffic flow in signalized intersection,” International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 1401–1406, 2011.
- D. C. Gazis, “Optimal control of a system of oversaturated intersections,” Operations Research, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 815–831, 1964.
- M. J. Lighthill and G. B. Whitham, “On kinematic waves. I: flood movement in long rivers II: a theory of traffic flow on long crowded roads,” Proceedings of the Royal Society. London A, vol. 229, pp. 281–316, 1955.
- G. Stephanopoulos and P. G. Michalopoulos, “Modelling and analysis of traffic queue dynamics at signalized intersections,” Transportation Research A, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 295–307, 1979.
- P. G. Michalopoulos and G. Stephanopoulos, “Oversaturated signal systems with queue length constraints-II. Systems of intersections,” Transportation Research, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 423–428, 1977.
- R. Akcelik and N. M. Rouphail, “Overflow queues and delays with random and platooned arrivals at signalized intersections,” Journal of Advanced Transportation, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 227–251, 1994.
- A. Sharma, D. M. Bullock, and J. A. Bonneson, “Input-output and hybrid techniques for real-time prediction of delay and maximum queue length at signalized intersections,” Transportation Research Record, no. 2035, pp. 69–80, 2007.
- F. V. Webster, Traffic Signal Settings, Road Research Technical Paper No. 39, Research Laboratory, London, UK, 1958.
- C. F. Daganzo, “Queue spillovers in transportation networks with a route choice,” Transportation Science, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 3–11, 1998.
- R. Akcelik, A Queue Model for HCM 2000, ARRB, Melbourne, Australia, 1999.
- G. Vigos, M. Papageorgiou, and Y. Wang, “Real-time estimation of vehicle-count within signalized links,” Transportation Research C, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 18–35, 2008.
- H. X. Liu, X. Wu, W. Ma, and H. Hu, “Real-time queue length estimation for congested signalized intersections,” Transportation Research C, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 412–427, 2009.
- X. Wu, H. X. Liu, and D. Gettman, “Identification of oversaturated intersections using high-resolution traffic signal data,” Transportation Research C, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 626–638, 2010.
- M. Papageorgiou, J. M. Blosseville, and H. Haj-Salem, “Modelling and real-time control of traffic flow on the southern part of Boulevard Peripherique in Paris: Part II: Coordinated on-ramp metering,” Transportation Research A, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 361–370, 1990.
- J. Walmsley, “The practical implementation of SCOOT traffic control systems,” Traffic Engineering & Control, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 196–199, 1982.
- M. J. Norusis, The SPSS Guide to Data Analysis, SPSS, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1990.
- J. Pallent, SPSS Survival Manual, SPSS, Chicago, Ill, USA, 2001.