- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 906486, 18 pages
Strong Truncation Approximation in Tandem Queues with Blocking
Laboratory of Modeling and Optimization of Systems (LAMOS), University of Béjaïa, 06000 Béjaïa, Algeria
Received 5 September 2012; Revised 25 November 2012; Accepted 25 November 2012
Academic Editor: Wei-Chiang Hong
Copyright © 2012 Karima Adel-Aissanou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. C. Tijms, “Stochastic modelling and analysis,” in A Computational Approach, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1986.
- G. Bolch, S. Greiner, H. Meer, and K. S. Trivedi, Queueing Networks and Markov Chains: Modeling and Performance Evaluation with Computer Science Applications, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- T. Phung-Duc, “An explicit solution for a tandem queue with retrials and losses,” Operational Research, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 189–207, 2012.
- N. M. van Dijk, “Truncation of Markov chains with applications to queueing,” Operations Research, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1018–1026, 1991.
- N. M. van Dijk, “Error bounds for state space truncation of finite Jackson networks,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 186, no. 1, pp. 164–181, 2008.
- E. Seneta, “Finite approximations to infinite non-negative matrices,” Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, vol. 63, pp. 983–992, 1967.
- D. Gibson and E. Seneta, “Augmented truncations of infinite stochastic matrices,” Journal of Applied Probability, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 600–608, 1987.
- D. Gibson and E. Seneta, “Monotone infinite stochastic matrices and their augmented truncations,” Stochastic Processes and their Applications, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 287–292, 1987.
- D. Wolf, “Approximation of the invariant probability measure of an infinite stochastic matrix,” Advances in Applied Probability, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 710–726, 1980.
- D. P. Heyman, “Approximating the stationary distribution of an infinite stochastic matrix,” Journal of Applied Probability, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 96–103, 1991.
- W. K. Grassmann and D. P. Heyman, “Computation of steady-state probabilities for infinite-state Markov chains with repeating rows,” ORSA Journal on Computing, vol. 5, pp. 292–303, 1993.
- D. Freedman, Approximating Countable Markov Chains, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1983.
- B. Heidergott and A. Hordijk, “Taylor series expansions for stationary Markov chains,” Advances in Applied Probability, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 1046–1070, 2003.
- B. Heidergott, A. Hordijk, and N. Leder, “Series expansions for continuous-time Markov processes,” Operations Research, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 756–767, 2010.
- B. Heidergott, A. Hordijk, and M. van Uitert, “Series expansions for finite-state Markov chains,” Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 381–400, 2007.
- G. E. Cho and C. D. Meyer, “Comparison of perturbation bounds for the stationary distribution of a Markov chain,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, vol. 335, pp. 137–150, 2001.
- S. Kirkland, “On a question concerning condition numbers for Markov chains,” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 1109–1119, 2002.
- S. Kirkland, “Digraph-based conditioning for Markov chains,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, vol. 385, pp. 81–93, 2004.
- M. Neumann and J. Xu, “Improved bounds for a condition number for Markov chains,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, vol. 386, pp. 225–241, 2004.
- V. V. Anisimov, “Estimates for deviations of transient characteristics of inhomogeneous Markov processes,” Ukrainian Mathematical Journal, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 588–592, 1988.
- S. T. Rachev, “The problem of stability in queueing theory,” Queueing Systems, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 287–317, 1989.
- D. Aïssani and V. N. Kartashov, “Ergodicity and stability of Markov chains with respect to operator topology in the space of transition kernels,” Doklady Akademii Nauk Ukrainskoi SSR A, vol. 11, pp. 3–5, 1983.
- N. V. Kartashov, Strong Stable Markov Chains, VSP, Utrecht, The Netherlands, 1996.
- A. Yu. Mitrophanov, “Sensitivity and convergence of uniformly ergodic Markov chains,” Journal of Applied Probability, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 1003–1014, 2005.
- K. Abbas and D. Aïssani, “Structural perturbation analysis of a single server queue with breakdowns,” Stochastic Models, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 78–97, 2010.
- N. V. Kartashov, “Strongly stable Markov chains,” Journal of Soviet Mathematics, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 1493–1498, 1986.
- A. Hordijk and N. van Dijk, “Networks of queues with blocking,” in Performance '81, pp. 51–65, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1981.
- O. J. Boxma and A. G. Konheim, “Approximate analysis of exponential queueing systems with blocking,” Acta Informatica, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 19–66, 1981.
- F. S. Hillier and R. W. Boling, “Finite queues in series with exponential of Erlang service times—a numerical approach,” Operations Research, vol. 15, pp. 286–303, 1967.
- G. Latouche and M. F. Neuts, “Efficient algorithmic solutions to exponential tandem queues with blocking,” Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics Journal on Algebraic and Discrete Methods, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 93–106, 1980.