- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 910719, 19 pages
A Simple Framework for Face Photo-Sketch Synthesis
School of Computer Science and Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, China
Received 30 June 2011; Accepted 24 August 2011
Academic Editor: Shengyong Chen
Copyright © 2012 Xuewei Li and Xiaochun Cao. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Uhl R. G. and N. D. V. Lobo, “A Framework for recognizing a facial image from a police sketch,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 586–593, 1996.
- X. Wang and X. Tang, “Face photo-sketch synthesis and recognition,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 1955–1967, 2009.
- W. Zhang, X. Wang, and X. Tang, “Lighting and pose robust face sketch synthesis,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV '10), pp. 420–433, 2010.
- H. Chen, Z. Liu, C. Rose, Y. Xu, H.-Y. Shum, and D. Salesin, “Example-based composite sketching of human portraits,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International ACM Symposium on Non-Photorealistic Animation and Rendering (NPAR '04), pp. 95–153, June 2004.
- Z. J. Xu, H. Chen, and S. C. Zhu, “A high resolution grammatical model for face representation and sketching,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition 2 (CVPR 2 ' 05), vol. 2, pp. 470–477, 2005.
- X. Gao, J. Zhong, J. Li, and C. Tian, “Face sketch synthesis algorithm based on E-HMM and selective ensemble,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 487–496, 2008.
- X. Tang and X. Wang, “Face sketch synthesis and recognition,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, vol. 1, pp. 687–694, 2003.
- F. Min, J. L. Suo, S. C. Zhu, and N. Sang, “An automatic portrait system based on and-or graph representation,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Energy Minimization Methods in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (EMMCVPR '07), pp. 184–197, August 2007.
- Z. Xu, H. Chen, S. C. Zhu, and J. Luo, “A hierarchical compositional model for face representation and sketching,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 955–969, 2008.
- C.-T. Tu and J.-J. Lien, “Automatic location of facial feature points and synthesis of facial sketches using direct combined model,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 1158–1169, 2010.
- S. Y. Chen, H. Tong, C. Cattani, et al., “Markov models for image labeling,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 814356, 18 pages, 2012.
- C. Tomasi and R. Manduchi, “Bilateral filtering for gray and color images,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 839–846, January 1998.
- S. Paris and F. Durand, “A fast approximation of the bilateral filter using a signal processing approach,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV '06), pp. 568–580, 2006.
- B. Weiss, “Fast median and bilateral filtering,” in Proceedings of the ACM Siggraph, pp. 519–526, July 2006.
- D. J. Jobson, Z.-U. Rahman, and G. A. Woodell, “A multiscale retinex for bridging the gap between color images and the human observation of scenes,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 965–976, 1997.
- Z. Rahman, D. J. Jobson, and G. A. Woodell, “Multi-scale retinex for color image enhancement,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Image Processing, vol. 3, pp. 1003–1006, 1996.
- K. Barnard and B. Funt, “Investigations into multi-scale retinex,” in Proceedings of the Colour Imaging in Multimedia, pp. 9–17, Derby, UK, March 1998.
- J. Kuang and D. F. Mark, “iCAM06, HDR, and image appearance,” in Proceedings of the IS& T/SID 15th Color Imaging Conference, Albuquerque, NM, USA, 2007.
- F. Durand and J. Dorsey, “Fast bilateral filtering for the display of high dynamic-range image,” in Proceedings of the ACM Transactions on Graphics, ACM Siggraph (ACM '02), pp. 257–266, 2002.
- W. Zhang, X. Cao, J. Zhang, et al., “Detecting photographic composites using shadows,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME '09), pp. 1042–104, 2009.
- B. M. Oh, M. Chen, J. Dorsey, and F. Dorsey, “Image-based modeling and photo editing,” in Proceedings of the ACM Siggraph, pp. 433–442, 2001.
- Q. Liu, X. Cao, C. Deng, and X. Guo, “Identifying image composites through shadow matte consistency,” IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 6, no. 3, 2011.
- J. Tumblin and G. Turk, “LCIS: a boundary hierarchy for detail-preserving contrast reduction,” in Proceedings of the Computer Graphics Proceedings (SIGGRAPH '99), A. Rockwood, Ed., Annual Conference Series, pp. 83–90, Addison Wesley Longman, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, 1999.
- S. Y. Chen and Y. F. Li, “Determination of stripe edge blurring for depth sensing,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 389–390, 2011.
- S. Y. Chen, H. Tong, Z. Wang, S. Liu, M. Li, and B. Zhang, “Improved generalized belief propagation for vision processing,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 416963, 12 pages, 2011.
- H. Kang, S. Lee, and C. Chui, “Coherent line drawing,” in Proceedings of the Symposium on Non-Photorealistic Animation and Rendering (NPAR '07), pp. 43–50, August 2007.
- H. Kang, S. Lee, and C. K. Chui, “Flow-based image abstraction,” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 62–76, 2009.
- D. DeCarlo and A. Santella, “Stylization and abstraction of photographs,” in Proceedings of the 29th Annual Conference on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques (ACM SIGGRAPH '02), pp. 769–776, 2002.
- R. C. Gonzalez, and R. E. Woods, Digital Image Processing, Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing, China, 2nd edition, 2002.
- R. Arandjelovic and T. M. Sezgin, “Sketch recognition by fusion of temporal and image-based features,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 1225–1234, 2011.