- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 912194, 31 pages
A Unified Algorithm for Subband-Based Discrete Cosine Transform
1Department of Electrical Engineering, National Central University, Chungli City 320-01, Taiwan
2Department of Computer Science and Information Enginering, National United University, Miaoli City 360-03, Taiwan
3Department of Electronics Engineering, Chung Hua University, Hsinchu City 300-12, Taiwan
Received 13 April 2011; Revised 22 May 2011; Accepted 4 June 2011
Academic Editor: Shengyong Chen
Copyright © 2012 Lu-Ting Ko et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Ahmed, T. Natarajan, and K. R. Rao, “Discrete cosine transform,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 23, pp. 90–93, 1974.
- A. K. Jain, “A sinusoidal family of unitary transforms,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 356–365, 1979.
- S. Y. Chen and Y. F. Li, “Determination of stripe edge blurring for depth sensing,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, Article ID 5585653, pp. 389–390, 2011.
- S. Y. Chen and Q. Guan, “Parametric shape representation by a deformable NURBS model for cardiac functional measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 58, no. 3 part 1, pp. 480–487, 2011.
- S. Y. Chen, Y. F. Li, and J. Zhang, “Vision processing for realtime 3-D data acquisition based on coded structured light,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 167–176, 2008.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Representation of a stochastic traffic bound,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1368–1372, 2009.
- M. Li, “Fractal time series—a tutorial review,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 157264, 26 pages, 2010.
- M. Li and S. C. Lim, “Modeling network traffic using generalized Cauchy process,” Physica A, vol. 387, no. 11, pp. 2584–2594, 2008.
- C. Cattani, “Harmonic wavelet approximation of random, fractal and high frequency signals,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 207–217, 2010.
- C. Cattani, “Fractals and hidden symmetries in DNA,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 507056, 31 pages, 2010.
- M. Li, “Generation of teletraffic of generalized Cauchy type,” Physica Scripta, vol. 81, no. 2, Article ID 025007, p. 10, 2010.
- M. Li and J. Y. Li, “On the predictability of long-range dependent series,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 397454, 9 pages, 2010.
- E. G. Bakhoum and C. Toma, “Specific mathematical aspects of dynamics generated by coherence functions,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 436198, 10 pages, 2011.
- E. G. Bakhoum and C. Toma, “Dynamical aspects of macroscopic and quantum transitions due to coherence function and time series events,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 428903, 13 pages, 2010.
- K. R. Rao and P. Yip, Discrete Cosine Transform: Algorithms, Advantages, Applications, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1990.
- V. Bhaskaran and K. Konstantinides, Image and Video Compression Standards: Algorithms and Architectures, kluwer academic publishers, Norwell, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 1997.
- W. H. Chen, C. H. Smith, and S. C. Fralick, “A fast computational algorithm for the discrete cosine transform,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 1004–1009, 1977.
- B. G. Lee, “A new algorithm to compute the discrete cosine transform,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1243–1245, 1984.
- H. S. Hou, “A fast recursive algorithm for computing the discrete cosine transform,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 1455–1461, 1987.
- C. Loeffer, A. Ligtenberg, and G. S. Moschytz, “Practical fast 1-D DCT algorithms with 11 multiplications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '89), vol. 2, pp. 988–991, February 1989.
- E. Feig and S. Winograd, “Fast algorithms for the discrete cosine transform,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 2174–2193, 1992.
- T. Y. Sung, Y. S. Shieh, and H. C. Hsin, “An efficient VLSI linear array for DCT/IDCT using subband decomposition algorithm,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 185398, 21 pages, 2010.
- H. Huang, T. Y. Sung, and Y. S. Shieh, “A novel VLSI linear array for 2-D DCT/IDCT,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Congress on Image and Signal Processing (CISP '10), vol. 8, pp. 3686–3690, Yantai, China, October 2010.
- H. Jeong, J. Kim, and W. K. Cho, “Low-power multiplierless DCT architecture using image data correlation,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 262–267, 2004.
- D. Gong, Y. He, and Z. Cao, “New cost-effective VLSI implementation of a 2-D discrete cosine transform and its inverse,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 405–415, 2004.
- V. Dimitrov, K. Wahid, and G. Jullien, “Multiplication-free 8 × 8 2D DCT architecture using algebraic integer encoding,” Electronics Letters, vol. 40, no. 20, pp. 1310–1311, 2004.
- M. Alam, W. Badawy, and G. Jullien, “A new time distributed DCT architecture for MPEG-4 hardware reference model,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 726–730, 2005.
- S. F. Hsiao and J. M. Tseng, “New matrix formulation for two-dimensional DCT/IDCT computation and its distributed-memory VLSI implementation,” IEE Proceedings: Vision, Image and Signal Processing, vol. 149, no. 2, pp. 97–107, 2002.
- T. Y. Sung, “Memory-efficient and high-performance 2-D DCT and IDCT processors based on CORDIC rotation,” WSEAS Transactions on Electronics, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 565–574, 2006.
- SMIMS® Technology Corp., http://www.smims.com.
- ModelSim, http://model.com/content/modelsim-de-simulation-and-verification.
- Xilinx® FPGA products, http://www.xilinx.com/products/.
- A. Buemi, A. Bruna, M. Mancuso, A. Capra, and G. Spampinato, “Chroma noise reduction in DCT domain using soft-thresholding,” EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing, vol. 2010, Article ID 323180, 13 pages, 2010.
- M. Li, C. Cattani, and S. Y. Chen, “Viewing sea level by a one-dimensional random function with long memory,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 654284, 13 pages, 2011.
- T. Bianchi, A. Piva, and M. Barni, “Encrypted domain DCT based on homomorphic cryptosystems,” EURASIP Journal on Information Security, vol. 2009, Article ID 716357, 12 pages, 2009.
- F. S. Al-Kamali, M. I. Dessouky, B. M. Sallam, F. Shawki, and F. E. A. El-Samie, “Carrier frequency offsets problem in DCT-SC-FDMA system: investigation and compensation,” ISRN Communications and Networking, vol. 2011, Article ID 842093, 7 pages, 2011.