- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 918497, 15 pages
Parallel Motion Simulation of Large-Scale Real-Time Crowd in a Hierarchical Environmental Model
1College of Computer Science and Technology, Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou 310023, China
2TAMS Group, Department of Informatics, University of Hamburg, Vogt-Koelln-Straße 30, 22527 Hamburg, Germany
3Department of Mathematics, Sapienza University of Rome, Piazzale Aldo Moro 2, 00185 Rome, Italy
Received 17 February 2012; Accepted 28 March 2012
Academic Editor: Carlo Cattani
Copyright © 2012 Xin Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Farenc, S. R. Musse, E. Schweiss et al., “A paradigm for controlling virtual humans in urban environment simulations,” Applied Artificial Intelligence, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 69–91, 2000.
- F. Tecchia, C. Loscos, R. Conroy, et al., “Agent Behavior Simulator (ABS): a platform for urban behavior development,” in Proceedings of Games Technology Conference, 2001.
- M. Shao, X. Wang, and Y. Hou, “Crowd evacuation simulation based on a hierarchy environmental model,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 10th International Conference on Computer-Aided Industrial Design and Conceptual Design: E-Business, Creative Design, Manufacturing (CAID & CD '09), pp. 1075–1078, November 2009.
- S. Chen, Y. Wang, and C. Cattani, “Key issues in modeling of complex 3D structures from video sequences,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 856523, 17 pages, 2012.
- M. Denny, “Solving geometric optimization problems using graphics hardware,” Computer Graphics Forum, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 441–451, 2003.
- S. Chen and Z. Wang, “Acceleration strategies in generalized belief propagation,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 41–48, 2012.
- S. Y. Chen, H. Tong, Z. Wang, S. Liu, M. Li, and B. Zhang, “Improved generalized belief propagation for vision processing,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 416963, 12 pages, 2011.
- C. W. Reynolds, “A distributed behavioral model,” in Proceedings of the ACM Computer Graphics (SIGGRAPH ’87), M. C. Stone, Ed., pp. 25–34, 1987.
- C. W. Reynolds, Steering Behaviors for Autonomous Characters, Sony Computer Entertainment America, Boulevard Foster City, Calif, USA, 1999.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Visiting power laws in cyber-physical networking systems,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 302786, 13 pages, 2012.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Representation of a stochastic traffic bound,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1368–1372, 2010.
- L. Kovar, M. Gleicher, and F. Pighin, “Motion graphs,” in Proceedings of the ACM Transactions on Graphics (ACM SIGGRAPH '02), pp. 473–482, July 2002.
- O. Arikan and D. A. Forsyth, “Interactive motion generation from examples,” in Proceedings of the ACM Transactions on Graphics (ACM SIGGRAPH '02), pp. 483–490, July 2002.
- J. Lee, J. Chai, P. S. A. Reitsma, J. K. Hodgins, and N. S. Pollard, “Interactive control of avatars animated with human motion data,” in Proceedings of the ACM Transactions on Graphics (ACM SIGGRAPH '02), pp. 491–500, July 2002.
- S. Y. Chen, H. Tong, and C. Cattani, “Markov models for image labeling,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 814356, 18 pages, 2012.
- P. S. A. Reitsma and N. S. Pollard, “Evaluating motion graphs for character navigation,” in Proceedings of the ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation, pp. 89–98, Grenoble, France, 2004.
- J. Lee and K. H. Lee, “Precomputing avatar behavior from human motion data,” Graphical Models, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 158–174, 2006.
- M. Lau and J. J. Kuffner, “Behavior planning for character animation,” in Proceedings of the 5th Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation (ACM SIGGRAPH '05), pp. 271–280, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, July 2005.
- S. M. Lavalle, Planning Algorithms, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2006.
- S. Chen, J. Zhang, Y. Li, and J. Zhang, “A hierarchical model incorporating segmented regions and pixel descriptors for video background subtraction,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 118–127, 2012.
- A. R. Da Silva, W. S. Lages, and L. Chaimowicz, “Improving boids algorithm in GPU using estimated self occlusion,” in Proceedings of SBGames'08: Computing Track, Computers in Entertainment (CIE), pp. 41–46, 2008.