- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 924956, 11 pages
The Extended Fractional Subequation Method for Nonlinear Fractional Differential Equations
1School of Mathematics and Statistics, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an 710049, China
2College of Mathematics and System Sciences, Xinjiang University, Urumqi 830046, China
3Department of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand 831014, India
Received 23 October 2012; Revised 18 November 2012; Accepted 18 November 2012
Academic Editor: Igor Andrianov
Copyright © 2012 Jianping Zhao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 204 of North-Holland Mathematics Studies, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- R. Hilfer, Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, World Scientific Publishing, River Edge, NJ, USA, 2000.
- B. J. West, M. Bologna, and P. Grigolini, Physics of Fractal Operators, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Calculus and Fractional Differential Equations, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- S. G. Samko, A. A. Kilbas, and O. I. Marichev, Fractional Integrals and Derivatives, Gordon and Breach Science, Yverdon, Switzerland, 1993.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- K. B. Oldham and J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- V. Kiryakova, Generalized Fractional Calculus and Applications, vol. 301 of Pitman Research Notes in Mathematics Series, Longman Scientific & Technical, Harlow, UK, 1994.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- J. Sabatier, O. P. Agrawal, and J. A. T. Machado, Advances in Fractional Calculus: Theoretical Developments and Applications in Physics and Engineering, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2007.
- F. Mainardi, Fractional Calculus and Waves in Linear Viscoelasticity: An Introduction to Mathematical Models, Imperial College Press, London, UK, 2010.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus: Models and Numerical Methods, vol. 3 of Series on Complexity, Nonlinearity and Chaos, World Scientific Publishing, Boston, Mass, USA, 2012.
- X. J. Yang, Local Fractional Functional Analysis and Its Applications, Asian Academic Publisher, Hong Kong.
- X. J. Yang, Advanced Local Fractional Calculus and Its Applications, World Science Publisher, New York, NY, USA, 2012.
- A. H. A. Ali, “The modified extended tanh-function method for solving coupled MKdV and coupled Hirota-Satsuma coupled KdV equations,” Physics Letters. A, vol. 363, no. 5-6, pp. 420–425, 2007.
- C. Li, A. Chen, and J. Ye, “Numerical approaches to fractional calculus and fractional ordinary differential equation,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 230, no. 9, pp. 3352–3368, 2011.
- G. H. Gao, Z. Z. Sun, and Y. N. Zhang, “A finite difference scheme for fractional sub-diffusion equations on an unbounded domain using artificial boundary conditions,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 231, no. 7, pp. 2865–2879, 2012.
- W. Deng, “Finite element method for the space and time fractional Fokker-Planck equation,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 204–226, 2008/09.
- S. Momani, Z. Odibat, and V. S. Erturk, “Generalized differential transform method for solving a space- and time-fractional diffusion-wave equation,” Physics Letters. A, vol. 370, no. 5-6, pp. 379–387, 2007.
- Z. Odibat and S. Momani, “A generalized differential transform method for linear partial differential equations of fractional order,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 194–199, 2008.
- Y. Hu, Y. Luo, and Z. Lu, “Analytical solution of the linear fractional differential equation by Adomian decomposition method,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 215, no. 1, pp. 220–229, 2008.
- A. M. A. El-Sayed and M. Gaber, “The Adomian decomposition method for solving partial differential equations of fractal order in finite domains,” Physics Letters. A, vol. 359, no. 3, pp. 175–182, 2006.
- A. M. A. El-Sayed, S. H. Behiry, and W. E. Raslan, “Adomian's decomposition method for solving an intermediate fractional advection-dispersion equation,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1759–1765, 2010.
- Z. Odibat and S. Momani, “The variational iteration method: an efficient scheme for handling fractional partial differential equations in fluid mechanics,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 58, no. 11-12, pp. 2199–2208, 2009.
- M. Inc, “The approximate and exact solutions of the space- and time-fractional Burgers equations with initial conditions by variational iteration method,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 345, no. 1, pp. 476–484, 2008.
- G. C. Wu and E. W. M. Lee, “Fractional variational iteration method and its application,” Physics Letters. A, vol. 374, no. 25, pp. 2506–2509, 2010.
- J.-H. He, “Homotopy perturbation technique,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 178, no. 3-4, pp. 257–262, 1999.
- E. Fan, “Soliton solutions for a generalized Hirota-Satsuma coupled KdV equation and a coupled MKdV equation,” Physics Letters. A, vol. 282, no. 1-2, pp. 18–22, 2001.
- J. H. He, “A coupling method of a homotopy technique and a perturbation technique for non-linear problems,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 37–43, 2000.
- S. Zhang and H. Q. Zhang, “Fractional sub-equation method and its applications to nonlinear fractional PDEs,” Physics Letters. A, vol. 375, no. 7, pp. 1069–1073, 2011.
- M. L. Wang, “Solitary wave solutions for variant Boussinesq equations,” Physics Letters. A, vol. 199, no. 3-4, pp. 169–172, 1995.
- G. Jumarie, “Modified Riemann-Liouville derivative and fractional Taylor series of nondifferentiable functions further results,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 51, no. 9-10, pp. 1367–1376, 2006.
- G. Jumarie, “Fractional partial differential equations and modified Riemann-Liouville derivative new methods for solution,” Journal of Applied Mathematics & Computing, vol. 24, no. 1-2, pp. 31–48, 2007.
- S. Guo, L. Mei, Y. Li, and Y. Sun, “The improved fractional sub-equation method and its applications to the space-time fractional differential equations in fluid mechanics,” Physics Letters. A, vol. 376, no. 4, pp. 407–411, 2012.
- B. Lu, “Bäcklund transformation of fractional Riccati equation and its applications to nonlinear fractional partial differential equations,” Physics Letters. A, vol. 376, no. 28-29, pp. 2045–2048, 2012.
- G. Jumarie, “Cauchy's integral formula via the modified Riemann-Liouville derivative for analytic functions of fractional order,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 1444–1450, 2010.
- J. H. He, S. K. Elagan, and Z. B. Li, “Geometrical explanation of the fractional complex transform and derivative chain rule for fractional calculus,” Physics Letters. A, vol. 376, no. 4, pp. 257–259, 2012.
- J. H. He, “Asymptotic methods for solitary solutions and compacts,” Abstract and applied analysis. In press.
- S. E. Esipov, “Coupled Burgers equations: a model of polydispersive sedimentation,” Physical Review E, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 3711–3718, 1995.
- A. A. Soliman, “The modified extended tanh-function method for solving Burgers-type equations,” Physica A, vol. 361, no. 2, pp. 394–404, 2006.