- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 927031, 18 pages
Geometric Buildup Algorithms for Sensor Network Localization
1Department of Mathematics, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
2School of Information and Communication Engineering, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Beijing 100876, China
3Department of Mathematics, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Received 6 June 2011; Revised 22 August 2011; Accepted 22 August 2011
Academic Editor: Jinling Liang
Copyright © 2012 Zhenzhen Zheng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Biswas and Y. Ye, “Semidefinite programming for ad hoc wireless sensor network localization,” in Proceedings of the Third International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks, (IPSN '04), pp. 46–54, New York, NY, USA, April 2004.
- M. W. Carter, H. H. Jin, M. A. Saunders, and Y. Ye, “SpaseLoc: an adaptive subproblem algorithm for scalable wireless sensor network localization,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 1102–1128, 2006.
- D. Culler and W. Hong, “Wireless sensor networks,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 47, pp. 30–33, 2004.
- T.-H. Yi, H.-N. Li, and M. Gu, “Optimal sensor placement for health monitoring of high-rise structure based on genetic algorithm,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 395101, 12 pages, 2011.
- T. Gao, D. Greenspan, M. Welsh, R. R. Juang, and A. Alm, “Vital signs monitoring and patient tracking over a wireless network,” in Proceedings of the 27th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, (EMBS '05), pp. 102–105, Shanghai, China, September 2005.
- M. Lawlor, “Small systems, big business,” Signal Magazine, 2005.
- A. Dragoon, “Small wonders,” CIO Magazine, 2005.
- J. B. Saxe, “Embeddability of weighted graphs in k-space is strongly NP-hard,” in Proceedings of the 17th Allerton Conference in Communication, Control and Computing, pp. 480–489, Monticello, Ill, USA, 1979.
- G. M. Crippen and T. F. Havel, Distance Geometry and Molecular Conformation, Research Studies Press, Chichester, UK, 1988.
- J. J. More and Z. Wu, “ε-optimal solutions to distance geometry problems via global continuation,” in Global Minimization of Non-Convex Energy Functions, P. M. Pardalos, D. Shalloway, and G. Xue, Eds., pp. 151–168, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 1996.
- Q. Dong and Z. Wu, “A linear-time algorithm for solving the molecular distance geometry problem with exact inter-atomic distances,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 22, no. 1-4, pp. 365–375, 2002.
- P. Biswas, T.-C. Lian, T.-C. Wang, and Y. Ye, “Semidefinite programming based algorithms for sensor network localization,” ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 188–220, 2006.
- Z. Wang, S. Zheng, Y. Ye, and S. Boyd, “Further relaxations of the semidefinite programming approach to sensor network localization,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 655–673, 2008.
- J. Nie, “Sum of squares method for sensor network localization,” Computational Optimization and Applications, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 151–179, 2009.
- P. Tseng, “Second-order cone programming relaxation of sensor network localization,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 156–185, 2007.
- S. Kim, M. Kojima, and H. Waki, “Exploiting sparsity in SDP relaxation for sensor network localization,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 192–215, 2009.
- Z. Zhu, A. M.-C. So, and Y. Ye, “Universal rigidity and edge sparsification for sensor network localization,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 3059–3081, 2010.
- T. K. Pong and P. Tseng, “(Robust) edge-based semidefinite programming relaxation of sensor network localization,” Mathematical Programming. In press.
- N. Krislock and H. Wolkowicz, “Explicit sensor network localization using semidefinite representations and facial reductions,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 2679–2708, 2010.
- N. Krislock, Semidefinite facial reduction for low-rank euclidean distance matrix completion, Ph.D. thesis, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Canada, 2010.
- Q. Dong and Z. Wu, “A geometric build-up algorithm for solving the molecular distance geometry problem with sparse distance data,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 321–333, 2003.
- D. Wu and Z. Wu, “An updated geometric build-up algorithm for solving the molecular distance geometry problems with sparse distance data,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 661–673, 2007.
- D. Wu, Z. Wu, and Y. Yuan, “Rigid versus unique determination of protein structures with geometric buildup,” Optimization Letters, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 319–331, 2008.
- A. Sit, Z. Wu, and Y. Yuan, “A geometric buildup algorithm for the solution of the distance geometry problem using least-squares approximation,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, vol. 71, no. 8, pp. 1914–1933, 2009.
- A. Sit and Z. Wu, “Solving a generalized distance geometry problem for protein structure determination,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology. In press.
- C. Eckart and G. Young, “The approximation of one matrix by another of lower rank,” Psychometrika, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 211–218, 1936.
- R. Mathar and R. Meyer, “Preorderings, monotone functions, and best rank r approximations with applications to classical MDS,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 291–305, 1993.
- T. F. Cox and M. A. A. Cox, Multidimensional Scaling, Chapman and Hall, London, UK, 2en edition, 1994.
- W. S. Torgerson, “Multidimensional scaling. I. Theory and method,” Psychometrika, vol. 17, pp. 401–419, 1952.
- G. H. Golub and C. F. V. Loan, Matrix Computations, Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Md, USA, 1989.
- R. M. Karp, “Reducibility among combinatorial problems,” in Complexity of Computer Computations, R. E. Miller and J. W. Thatcher, Eds., pp. 85–103, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1972.
- J. M. Robson, “Finding a maximum independent set in time O(2n/4),” Technical Report 1251-01, Université Bordeaux I, Bordeaux, France, 2001.