- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 948936, 16 pages
MIMO LPV State-Space Identification of Open-Flow Irrigation Canal Systems
1Automatic Control Department, Technical University of Catalonia, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
2Embedded Systems and Automatic Group, Engineering School of ESEO, 49009 Angers, France
Received 22 June 2012; Accepted 2 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jun Hu
Copyright © 2012 Yolanda Bolea et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Bolea, V. Puig, J. Blesa, M. Gómez, and J. Rodellar, “A quasi-LPV Model for Gain-scheduling Canal Control,” Archives of Control Sciences, vol. 14, no. 3/4, pp. 299–313, 2005.
- N. R. Draper and H. Smith, Applied Regression Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1998.
- V. T. Chow, Open-Channel Hydraulics, McGraw-Hill, 1959.
- O. A. Z. Sotomayor, S. W. Park, and C. Garcia, “Multivariable identification of an activated sludge process with subspace-based algorithms,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 961–969, 2003.
- H. Dong, Z. Wang, and H. Gao, “H-infinity fuzzy control for systems with repeated scalar nonlinearities and random packet losses,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 440–450, 2009.
- J. Hu, Z. Wang, H. Gao, and L. K. Stergioulas, “Robust sliding mode control for discrete stochastic systems with mixed time-delays, randomly occurring uncertainties and randomly occurring nonlinearities,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 59, no. 7, pp. 3008–3015, 2012.
- J. Hu, Z. Wang, and H. Gao, “A delay fractioning approach to robust sliding mode control for discrete-time stochastic systems with randomly occurring non-linearities,” IMA Journal of Mathematical Control and Information, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 345–363, 2011.
- J. Hu, Z. Wang, H. Gao, and L. K. Stergioulas, “Robust H∞ sliding mode control for discrete time-delay systems with stochastic nonlinearities,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 349, no. 4, pp. 1459–1479, 2011.
- J. Hu, Z. Wang, H. Gao, and L. K. Stergioulas, “Robust sliding mode control for discrete time-delay systems with stochastic nonlinearities,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 349, no. 4, pp. 1459–1479, 2012.
- O. Bretscher, Linear Algebra with Applications, Pearson Prentice Hall, 5th edition, 2012.
- X. Litrico and V. Fromion, “Simplified modeling of irrigation canals for controller design,” Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, vol. 130, no. 5, pp. 373–383, 2004.
- K. Eurén and E. Weyer, “System identification of open water channels with undershot and overshot gates,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 813–824, 2007.
- L. Ljung, System Identification: Theory for the User, Prentice-Hall, 2nd edition, 1999.
- D. J. Leith and W. E. Leithead, “Survey of gain-scheduling analysis and design,” International Journal of Control, vol. 73, no. 11, pp. 1001–1025, 2000.
- J. S. Shamma and M. Athans, “Guaranteed properties of gain scheduled control for linear parameter-varying plants,” Automatica, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 559–564, 1991.
- Murray-Smith, Roderick, and T. A. Johansen, Multiple Model Approaches to Modelling and Control, Taylor & Francis, London, UK, 1997.
- B. Bamieh and L. Giarré, “Identification of linear parameter varying models,” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 841–853, 2002.
- M. Pottmann, H. Unbehauen, and D. E. Seborg, “Application of a general multi-model approach for identification of highly nonlinear processes—a case study,” International Journal of Control, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 97–120, 1993.
- J. D. Caigny, J. F. Camino, and J. Swevers, “Identification of MIMO LPV models based on interpolation,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Noise and Vibration Engineering (ISMA '08), 2008.
- J. Abonyi and R. Babuska, “Local and global identification and interpretation of parameters in Takagi-Sugeno fuzzy models,” in Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE '00), pp. 835–840, May 2000.
- T. A. Johansen and R. Murray-Smith, The Operating Regime To Nonlinear Modelling and Control, Multiple Model Approaches Modelling and Control, Taylor & Francis, 1996.
- B. L. Ho and R. E. Kalman, “Efficient construction of linear state variable models from input/output functions,” Regelungstechnik, vol. 14, pp. 545–548, 1966.
- K. Zhou, J. C. Doyle, and K. Glover, Robust and Optimal Control, Prentice-Hall, 1996.
- V. Verdult, Nonlinear system identification: a state-space approach [Ph.D. thesis], University of Twente, 2002.
- J. Stoer and R. Bulirsch, Introduction To Numerical Analysis, Springer Science + Business Media, New York, USA, 2002.
- E. F. Camacho, Model Predictive Control, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- J. Schuurmans, O. H. Bosgra, and R. Brouwer, “Open-channel flow model approximation for controller design,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 525–530, 1995.
- M. Pinelli, P. R. Spina, and M. Venturini, “Optimized operating point selection for gas turbine health state analysis by using a multi-point technique,” in Proceedings of the ASME Turbo Expo, pp. 43–51, Atlanta, Ga, USA, June 2003.
- X. Litrico and D. Georges, “Robust continuous-time and discrete-time flow control of a dam-river system. (I) Modelling,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 23, no. 11, pp. 809–827, 1999.