- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 954249, 14 pages
A Hybrid Approach Using an Artificial Bee Algorithm with Mixed Integer Programming Applied to a Large-Scale Capacitated Facility Location Problem
1Escuela de Ingeniería Informática, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, Valparaíso 2362807, Chile
2Department of Engineering Science, University of Auckland, Auckland 1020, New Zealand
3Instituto de Estadística, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, Valparaíso 2362807, Chile
4CIMFAV Facultad de Ingeniería, Universidad de Valparaíso, Valparaíso 2362735, Chile
5Universidad Autónoma de Chile, Santiago 7500138, Chile
6Departamento de Computación e Informática, Universidad de Playa Ancha, Valparaíso 33449, Chile
7Escuela de Ingeniería Industrial, Universidad Diego Portales, Santiago 8370109, Chile
Received 6 September 2012; Revised 12 November 2012; Accepted 14 November 2012
Academic Editor: Rui Mu
Copyright © 2012 Guillermo Cabrera G. et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Maniezzo, T. Stützle, and S. Voß, Eds., Matheuristics: Hybridizing Metaheuristics and Mathematical Programming, vol. 10, Annals of Information Systems, 2009.
- C. Blum, J. Puchinger, G. Raidl, and A. Roli, “Hybrid metaheuristics in combinatorial optimization: a survey,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 4135–4151, 2011.
- G. Cabrera, S. Roncagliolo, J. P. Riquelme, C. Cubillos, and R. Soto, “Hybrid particle swarm optimization—simulated annealing algorithm for the probabilistic traveling salesman problem,” Studies in Informatics and Control (SIC), vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 49–58, 2012.
- J. E. Beasley, “Lagrangean heuristics for location problems,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 65, pp. 383–399, 1993.
- M. H. Kashan, N. Nahavandi, and A. H. Kashan, “DisABC: a new artificial bee colony algorithm for binary optimization,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 342–352, 2012.
- C. Canel and B. M. Khumawala, “A mixed-integer programming approach for the international facilities location problem,” International Journal of Operations & Production Management, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 49–68, 1996.
- D. T. Pham, A. Ghanbarzadeh, E. Koç, S. Otri, S. Rahim, and M. Zaidi, “The Bees Algorithm—a novel tool for complex optimization problems,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Virtual Conference on Intelligent Production Machines and Systems (IPROMS '06), pp. 454–459, 2006.
- F. Barahona and F. A. Chudak, “Near-optimal solutions to large-scale facility location problems,” Discrete Optimization, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 35–50, 2005.
- M. Caserta and E. Quiñonez Rico, “A cross entrophy-based metaheuristic algorithm for large-scale capacitated facility location problem,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 60, pp. 1439–1448, 2009.
- K. S. Al-Sultan and M. A. Al-Fawzan, “A tabu search approach to the uncapacitated facility location problem,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 86, pp. 91–103, 1999.
- M. S. Daskin, Network and Discrete Location, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1995.
- Z. Drezner and H. W. Hamacher, Facility Location: Applications and Theory, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- M. J. Cortinhal and M. E. Captivo, “Genetic algorithms for the single source capacitated location problem,” in Metaheuristics: Computer Decision-Making, M. G. Resende and J.P. de Sousa, Eds., pp. 187–216, Kluwer Academic Publisher, 2004.
- M. H. Sun, “A tabu search heuristic procedure for the capacitated facility location problem,” Journal of Heuristics, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 91–118, 2012.
- M. A. J. Arostegui, S. N. Kadipasaoglu, and B. M. Khumawala, “An empirical comparison of tabu search, simulated annealing, and genetic algorithms for facilities location problems,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 103, pp. 742–754, 2006.
- G. Cornuejols, R. Sridharan, and J. M. A. Thizy, “comparison of heuristics and relaxation for the capacitated plant location problem,” European Jurnal of Operational Research, vol. 50, pp. 280–297, 1991.
- A. Klose and A. Drexl, “Lower bounds for the capacitated facility location problem based on column generation,” Management Science, vol. 51, no. 11, pp. 1689–1705, 2005.
- P. Sinha, “Observations on some heuristic methods for the capacitated facility location problem,” Opsearch, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 86–93, 2012.
- J. K. Sankaran, “On solving large instances of the capacitated facility location problem,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 178, no. 3, pp. 663–676, 2007.
- M. J. Cortinhal and M. E. Captivo, “Upper and lower bounds for the single source capacitated location problem,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 151, no. 2, pp. 333–351, 2003.
- C. Chen and C. Ting, “Combining lagrangian heuristic and ant colony system to solve the single source capacitated facility location problem,” Transportation Research E, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 1099–1122, 2008.
- R. C. Eberhart, Y. Shi, and J. Kennedy, Swarm Intelligence, Morgan Kaufman, 2001.
- J. H. Holland, Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems, University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA, 1975.
- D. Karaboga and B. Akay, “A comparative study of artificial Bee colony algorithm,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 214, no. 1, pp. 108–132, 2009.
- D. Karaboga and B. A. Akay, “survey: algorithms simulating bee swarm intelligence,” Artificial Intelligence Review, vol. 31, pp. 61–85, 2009.
- L. Özbakir, A. Baykasoğlu, and P. Tapkan, “Bees algorithm for generalized assignment problem,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 11, pp. 3782–3795, 2010.
- P. Hansen, J. Brimberg, D. Urošević, and N. Mladenović, “Primal-dual variable neighborhood search for the simple plant-location problem,” INFORMS Journal on Computing, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 552–564, 2007.