- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 958101, 21 pages
Simplicial Approach to Fractal Structures
Department of Mathematics, University of Salerno, Via Ponte don Melillo, 84084 Fisciano, Italy
Received 28 July 2011; Accepted 16 November 2011
Academic Editor: Cristian Toma
Copyright © 2012 Carlo Cattani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. T. Fomenko, Differential Geometry and Topology, Contemporary Soviet Mathematics, Consultants Bureau, New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- G. L. Naber, Topological Methods in Euclidean Spaces, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1980.
- I. M. Singer and J. A. Thorpe, Lecture notes on elementary topology and geometry, Scott, Foresman and Co., Glenview, Ill, USA, 1967.
- C. Cattani, “Variational method and Regge equations,” in Proceedings of the 8th Marcel Grossmann Meeting, Gerusalem, Palestine, June 1997.
- C. Cattani and E. Laserra, “Discrete electromagnetic action on a gravitational simplicial net,” Journal of Interdisciplinary Mathematics, vol. 3, no. 2-3, pp. 123–132, 2000.
- I. T. Drummond, “Regge-Palatini calculus,” Nuclear Physics. B, vol. 273, no. 1, pp. 125–136, 1986.
- C. W. Misner, K. S. Thorne, and J. A. Wheeler, “Regge Calculus,” in Gravitation, p. ii+xxvi+1279+iipp, W. H. Freeman and Co., San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1973.
- T. Regge, “General relativity without coordinates,” Il Nuovo Cimento Series 10, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 558–571, 1961.
- R. Sorkin, “The electromagnetic field on a simplicial net,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 2432–2440, 1975.
- A. L. Barabasi, Linked: How Everything is Connected to Everything Else and What It Means for Business, Science and Everyday Life, Plume Books, 2003.
- A. L. Barabási, E. Ravasz, and T. Vicsek, “Deterministic scale-free networks,” Physica A, vol. 299, no. 3-4, pp. 559–564, 2001.
- S. H. Strogatz, “Exploring complex networks,” Nature, vol. 410, no. 6825, pp. 268–276, 2001.
- D. J. Watts and S. H. Strogatz, “Collective dynamics of 'small-world9 networks,” Nature, vol. 393, no. 6684, pp. 440–442, 1998.
- C. Cattani and E. Laserra, “Simplicial geometry of crystals,” Journal of Interdisciplinary Mathematics, vol. 2, no. 2-3, pp. 143–151, 1999.
- N. Goldenfeld, Lectures on Phase Transitions and the Renormalization Group, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 1992.
- V. M. Kenkre and P. Reineker, Exciton Dynamics in Molecular Crystals and Aggregates, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1982.
- F. Vögtle, Ed., Dendrimers, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1998.
- C. Cattani and A. Paoluzzi, “Boundary integration over linear polyhedra,” Computer-Aided Design, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 130–135, 1990.
- C. Cattani and A. Paoluzzi, “Symbolic analysis of linear polyhedra,” Engineering with Computers, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 17–29, 1990.
- S. Y. Chen, H. Tong, and C. Cattani, “Markov models for image labeling,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 814356, 18 pages, 2012.
- S. Y. Chen, H. Tong, Z. Wang, S. Liu, M. Li, and B. Zhang, “Improved generalized belief propagation for vision processing,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 416963, 12 pages, 2011.
- J. P. Blondeau, C. Orieux, and L. Allam, “Morphological and fractal studies of silicon nanoaggregates structures prepared by thermal activated reaction,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 122, no. 1, pp. 41–48, 2005.
- C. C. Doumanidis, “Nanomanufacturing of random branching material architectures,” Microelectronic Engineering, vol. 86, no. 4-6, pp. 467–478, 2009.
- D. Lekić and S. Elezovic-Hadizic, “Semi-flexible compact polymers on fractal lattices,” Physica A, vol. 390, no. 11, pp. 1941–1952, 2011.
- R. Lua, A. L. Borovinskiy, and A. Y. Grosberg, “Fractal and statistical properties of large compact polymers: a computational study,” Polymer, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 717–731, 2004.
- M. F. Barnsley, Fractal Everywhere, Academic Press, 1988.
- K. Falconer, Fractal Geometry: Mathematical Foundations and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 1990.
- J. E. Hutchinson, “Fractals and self-similarity,” Indiana University Mathematics Journal, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 713–747, 1981.
- B. B. Mandelbrot, The Fractal Geometry of Nature, W. H. Freeman and Co., San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1982.
- C. Cattani and J. Rushchitsky, Wavelet and Wave Analysis as Applied to Materials with Micro or Nanostructure, vol. 74 of Series on Advances in Mathematics for Applied Sciences, World Scientific, Hackensack, NJ, USA, 2007.
- E. V. Pashkova, E. D. Solovyova, I. E. Kotenko, T. V. Kolodiazhnyi, and A. G. Belous, “Effect of preparation conditions on fractal structure and phase transformations in the synthesis of nanoscale M-type barium hexaferrite,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 323, no. 20, pp. 2497–2503, 2011.
- M. Li, “Fractal time series—a tutorial review,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 157264, 26 pages, 2010.
- M. Li, S. C. Lim, and S. Chen, “Exact solution of impulse response to a class of fractional oscillators and its stability,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 657839, 9 pages, 2011.
- C. Cattani and E. Laserra, “Self-similar hierarchical regular lattices,” in the International Conference on Computational Science and Its Applications (ICCSA '10), D. Taniar, et al., Ed., vol. 6017 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 225–240, 2010.
- L. Kocić, S. Gegovska-Zajkova, and L. Stefanovska, “Affine invariant contractions of simplices,” Kragujevac Journal of Mathematics, vol. 30, pp. 171–179, 2007.
- M. A. Khamsi and W. A. Kirk, An Introduction to Metric Spaces and Fixed Point Theory, Pure and Applied Mathematics, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 2001.