- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 979764, 10 pages
Municipal Sewage Sludge Drying Treatment by an Composite Modifier
School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Wuhan Polytechnic University, Wuhan 430023, China
Received 16 December 2011; Revised 14 February 2012; Accepted 14 February 2012
Academic Editor: Zhijun Zhang
Copyright © 2012 Na Wei. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Gavalda, J. D. Scheiner, J. C. Revel et al., “Agronomic and environmental impacts of a single application of heat-dried sludge on an Alfisol,” Science of the Total Environment, vol. 343, no. 1–3, pp. 97–109, 2005.
- U. Song and E. J. Lee, “Environmental and economical assessment of sewage sludge compost application on soil and plants in a landfill,” Resources, Conservation and Recycling, vol. 54, no. 12, pp. 1109–1116, 2010.
- Q. H. Lin, H. Cheng, and G. Y. Chen, “Preparation and characterization of carbonaceous adsorbents from sewage sludge using a pilot-scale microwave heating equipment,” Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, vol. 93, pp. 113–119, 2012.
- W. Y. Deng, J. H. Yan, X. D. Li et al., “Measurement and simulation of the contact drying of sewage sludge in a Nara-type paddle dryer,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 64, no. 24, pp. 5117–5124, 2009.
- J. W. Judex, M. Gaiffi, and H. C. Burgbacher, “Gasification of dried sewage sludge: status of the demonstration and the pilot plant,” Waste Management, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 719–723, 2012.
- T. I. Ohm, J. S. Chae, K. S. Lim, and S. H. Moon, “The evaporative drying of sludge by immersion in hot oil: effects of oil type and temperature,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 178, no. 1–3, pp. 483–488, 2010.
- D. Kalderis, M. Aivalioti, and E. Gidarakos, “Options for sustainable sewage sludge management in small wastewater treatment plants on islands: the case of crete,” Desalination, vol. 260, no. 1–3, pp. 211–217, 2010.
- U. Luboschik, “Solar sludge drying-based on the IST process,” Renewable Energy, vol. 16, no. 1–4, pp. 785–788, 1999.
- V. L. Mathioudakis, A. G. Kapagiannidis, E. Athanasoulia, V. I. Diamantis, P. Melidis, and A. Aivasidis, “Extended dewatering of sewage sludge in solar drying plants,” Desalination, vol. 248, no. 1–3, pp. 733–739, 2009.
- S. Valls and E. Vàzquez, “Stabilization and solidification of sewage sludges with Portland cement,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 1671–1678, 2000.
- O. Malliou, M. Katsioti, A. Georgiadis, and A. Katsiri, “Properties of stabilized/solidified admixtures of cement and sewage sludge,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 55–61, 2007.
- E. H. Kim, J. K. Cho, and S. Yim, “Digested sewage sludge solidification by converter slag for landfill cover,” Chemosphere, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 387–395, 2005.
- S. Capizzi-Banas, M. Deloge, M. Remy, and J. Schwartzbrod, “Liming as an advanced treatment for sludge sanitisation: helminth eggs elimination—ascaris eggs as model,” Water Research, vol. 38, no. 14-15, pp. 3251–3258, 2004.
- Z. Wang, D. Luo, and C. Ena, “Optimization of polysaccharides extraction from Gynostemma pentaphyllum Makino using Uniform Design,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 311–317, 2007.
- Q. Y. Tang and M. G. Feng, Practical Statistics and DPS Data Processing System, Agricultural Press, Beijing, China, 1997.