- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 142765, 9 pages
Transient Simulation of Wind Turbine Towers under Lightning Stroke
National Active Distribution Network Technology Research Center, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing 100044, China
Received 23 March 2013; Revised 16 July 2013; Accepted 17 July 2013
Academic Editor: Ming-Hung Hsu
Copyright © 2013 Xiaoqing Zhang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Sarajcev and R. Goic, “A review of current issues in state-of-art of wind farm overvoltage protection,” Energies, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 644–668, 2011.
- D. Romero, J. Montany, and A. Candela, “Behavior of the wind-turbines under lightning strikes including nonlinear grounding system,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Renew Energy and Power Quality, September 2004.
- Z. Haixiang and W. Xiaorong, “Overvoltage analysis of wind turbines,” Power System Technology, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 27–29, 2006.
- X. Zhang and C. Liu, “Lightning transient modeling of wind turbine towers,” International Review of Electrical Engineering, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 3505–3511, 2012.
- X. Wang and X. Zhang, “Calculation of electromagnetic induction inside a wind turbine tower struck by lightning,” Wind Energy, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 615–625, 2010.
- C. R. Paul, Inductance-Loop and Partial, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- P. L. Kalantrarov and L. A. Ceitlin, Inductance Calculation, Energy Press, Moscow, Russia, 1992.
- M. M. Al-Asadi, A. P. Duffy, A. J. Willis, K. Hodge, and T. M. Benson, “A simple formula for calculating the frequency-dependent resistance of a round wire,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 84–87, 1998.
- M. B. Kostenko, Analysis of Lightning Protection Reliability of Substations, Science Press, Moscow, Russia, 1991.
- U. Y. Iosseli, A. S. Kothanov, and M. G. Stlyrski, Capacitance Calculation, Energy Press, Moscow, Russia, 1990.
- X. Zhang, “A circuit approach to the calculation of lightning transients in cage-like multiconductor systems,” International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 213–222, 2010.
- J. Beiza, S. H. Hosseinian, and B. Vahidi, “Multiphase transmission line modeling for voltage sag estimation,” Electrical Engineering, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 99–109, 2010.
- H. W. Dommel, Electromagnetic Transients Program Theory Book, BPA, Portland, Ore, USA, 1995.
- W. Shi, Overvoltage Calculation in Power Systems, High Education Press, Beijing, China, 2009.
- F. Napolitano, M. Paolone, A. Borghetti et al., “Models of wind-turbine main-shaft bearings for the development of specific lightning protection systems,” IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 99–107, 2011.
- National Standard GB, 50057-2010, Design Code for Lightning Protection of Structures, China Planning Press, Beijing, China, 2010.
- E. Pyrgioti and V. Bokogiannis, “Lightning impulse performance of a wind generator grounding grid considering soil ionization,” in Proceedings of the 7th Asia-Pacific International Conference on Lightning (APL '11), pp. 103–107, November 2011.
- IEC61400-24, “Wind Turbine Generation System-24: Lightning Protection,” Ed. 1.0, IEC, Geneva, Switzerland, 2010.