- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 175848, 12 pages
Improved Barebones Particle Swarm Optimization with Neighborhood Search and Its Application on Ship Design
College of Shipbuilding Engineering, Harbin Engineering University, Harbin 150001, China
Received 30 August 2012; Revised 17 November 2012; Accepted 25 November 2012
Academic Editor: Baozhen Yao
Copyright © 2013 Jingzheng Yao and Duanfeng Han. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948, December 1995.
- J. Mirapeix, P. B. García-Allende, O. M. Conde, J. M. Lopez-Higuera, and A. Cobo, “Welding diagnostics by means of particle swarm optimization and feature selection,” Journal of Sensors, vol. 2012, Article ID 318038, 11 pages, 2012.
- Y. Hu, Y. Ding, and K. R. Hao, “An immune cooperative particle swarm optimization algorithm for fault-tolerant routing optimization in heterogeneous wireless sensor networks,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 743728, 19 pages, 2012.
- S. S. Patnaik and A. K. Panda, “Particle swarm optimization and bacterial foraging optimization techniques for optimal current harmonic mitigation by employing active power filter,” Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing, vol. 2012, Article ID 897127, 10 pages, 2012.
- C. Knievel and P. A. Hoeher, “On particle swarm optimization for MIMO channel estimation,” Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 614384, 10 pages, 2012.
- Y. Shi and R. Eberhart, “Modified particle swarm optimizer,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation (ICEC '98), pp. 69–73, May 1998.
- K. E. Parsopoulos and M. N. Vrahatis, “UPSO-A unified particle swarm optimization scheme,” in Proceedings of International Conference on Computational Methods in Sciences and Engineering, pp. 868–873, 2004.
- R. Mendes, J. Kennedy, and J. Neves, “The fully informed particle swarm: simpler, maybe better,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 204–210, 2004.
- F. van den Bergh and A. P. Engelbrecht, “A cooperative approach to participle swam optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 225–239, 2004.
- J. J. Liang, A. K. Qin, P. N. Suganthan, and S. Baskar, “Comprehensive learning particle swarm optimizer for global optimization of multimodal functions,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 281–295, 2006.
- H. Wang, Z. Wu, S. Rahnamayan, C. Li, S. Zeng, and D. Jiang, “Particle swarm optimisation with simple and efficient neighbourhood search strategies,” International Journal of Innovative Computing and Applications, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 97–104, 2011.
- H. Wang, H. Sun, C. Li, S. Rahnamayan, and J. Pan, “Diversity enhanced particle swarm optimization with neighborhood search,” Information Sciences, vol. 223, pp. 119–135, 2013.
- Z. H. Zhan, J. Zhang, Y. Li, and H. S. H. Chung, “Adaptive particle swarm optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1362–1381, 2009.
- C. Li, S. Yang, and T. T. Nguyen, “A self-learning particle swarm optimizer for global optimization problems,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part B, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 627–646, 2012.
- J. Kennedy, “Bare bones particle swarms,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Swarm Intelligence Symposium, pp. 80–87, 2003.
- M. G. H. Omran, A. P. Engelbrecht, and A. Salman, “Bare bones differential evolution,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 196, no. 1, pp. 128–139, 2009.
- R. A. Krohling and E. Mendel, “Bare bones particle swarm optimization with Gaussian or cauchy jumps,” in Proceedings IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC '09), pp. 3285–3291, May 2009.
- T. Blackwell, “A study of collapse in bare bones particle swarm optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 354–372, 2012.
- H. Wang, “Opposition-based barebones particle swarm for constrained nonlinear optimization problems,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 761708, 12 pages, 2012.
- F. Van Den Bergh and A. P. Engelbrecht, “A study of particle swarm optimization particle trajectories,” Information Sciences, vol. 176, no. 8, pp. 937–971, 2006.
- S. Das, A. Abraham, U. K. Chakraborty, and A. Konar, “Differential evolution using a neighborhood-based mutation operator,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 526–553, 2009.
- J. Derrac, S. García, D. Molina, and F. Herrera, “A practical tutorial on the use of nonparametric statistical tests as a methodology for comparing evolutionary and swarm intelligence algorithms,” Swarm and Evolutionary Computation, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 3–18, 2011.
- P. Sen and J. B. Yang, Multiple Criteria Decision Support in Engineering Design, Springer, London, UK, 1988.
- M. G. Parsons and R. L. Scott, “Formulation of multicriterion design optimization problems for solution with scalar numerical optimization methods,” Journal of Ship Research, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 61–76, 2004.
- C. G. Hart and N. Vlahopoulos, “An integrated multidisciplinary particle swarm optimization approach to conceptual ship design,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 481–494, 2010.