- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 208609, 9 pages
Synchronization of Intermittently Coupled Dynamical Networks
1College of Mathematics and Information Science, Hebei Normal University, Shijiazhuang 050016, China
2Department of Electronic Engineering, City University of Hong Kong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Received 17 April 2013; Accepted 5 June 2013
Academic Editor: Wenwu Yu
Copyright © 2013 Gang Zhang and Guanrong Chen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Erdős and A. Rényi, “On the evolution of random graphs,” Publications of the Mathematical Institute of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, vol. 5, pp. 17–61, 1960.
- D. J. Watts and S. H. Strogatz, “Collective dynamics of small-world networks,” Nature, vol. 393, no. 6684, pp. 440–442, 1998.
- M. E. J. Newman and D. J. Watts, “Scaling and percolation in the small-world network model,” Physical Review E, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 7332–7342, 1999.
- M. E. J. Newman, “The structure and function of complex networks,” SIAM Review, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 167–256, 2003.
- A. L. Barabási and R. Albert, “Emergence of scaling in random networks,” Science, vol. 286, no. 5439, pp. 509–512, 1999.
- A. L. Barabsi, R. Albert, H. Jeong, and G. Bianconi, “Power-law distribution of the world wide web,” Science, vol. 287, no. 5461, p. 2115, 2000.
- R. Albert and A. L. Barabási, “Statistical mechanics of complex networks,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 47–97, 2002.
- X. F. Wang and G. Chen, “Synchronization in scale-free dynamical networks: robustness and fragility,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 54–62, 2002.
- X. F. Wang and G. Chen, “Synchronization in small-world dynamical networks,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos in Applied Sciences and Engineering, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 187–192, 2002.
- T. Nishikawa, A. E. Motter, Y. Lai, and F. C. Hoppensteadt, “Heterogeneity in oscillator networks: are smaller worlds easier to synchronize?” Physical Review Letters, vol. 91, no. 1, Article ID 014101, pp. 1–4, 2003.
- V. N. Belykh, I. V. Belykh, and M. Hasler, “Connection graph stability method for synchronized coupled chaotic systems,” Physica D, vol. 195, no. 1-2, pp. 159–187, 2004.
- I. Belykh, V. Belykh, and M. Hasler, “Generalized connection graph method for synchronization in asymmetrical networks,” Physica D, vol. 224, no. 1-2, pp. 42–51, 2006.
- J. Lü, X. Yu, and G. Chen, “Chaos synchronization of general complex dynamical networks,” Physica A, vol. 334, no. 1-2, pp. 281–302, 2004.
- C. Li and G. Chen, “Synchronization in general complex dynamical networks with coupling delays,” Physica A, vol. 343, no. 1–4, pp. 263–278, 2004.
- J. Cao and J. Lu, “Adaptive synchronization of neural networks with or without time-varying delay,” Chaos, vol. 16, no. 1, Article ID 013133, p. 6, 2006.
- W. Xia and J. Cao, “Adaptive synchronization of a switching system and its applications to secure communications,” Chaos, vol. 18, no. 2, Article ID 023128, p. 15, 2008.
- W. Yu, G. Chen, J. Cao, J. Lu, and U. Parlitz, “Parameter identification of dynamical systems from time series,” Physical Review E, vol. 75, no. 6, Article ID 067201, 2007.
- Z. Ma, Z. Liu, and G. Zhang, “A new method to realize cluster synchronization in connected chaotic networks,” Chaos, vol. 16, no. 2, Article ID 023103, p. 9, 2006.
- J. G. Restrepo, E. Ott, and B. R. Hunt, “Emergence of synchronization in complex networks of interacting dynamical systems,” Physica D, vol. 224, no. 1-2, pp. 114–122, 2006.
- J. Zhou and T. Chen, “Synchronization in general complex delayed dynamical networks,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 733–744, 2006.
- J. Zhou, T. Chen, and L. Xiang, “Adaptive synchronization of coupled chaotic delayed systems based on parameter identification and its applications,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos in Applied Sciences and Engineering, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 2923–2933, 2006.
- J. Zhou, T. Chen, and L. Xiang, “Robust synchronization of delayed neural networks based on adaptive control and parameters identification,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 905–913, 2006.
- Z. Guan, J. Hill, and X. Shen, “On hybrid impulsive and switching systems and application to nonlinear control,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 50, no. 7, pp. 1058–1062, 2005.
- Z. Guan and H. Zhang, “Stabilization of complex network with hybrid impulsive and switching control,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 1372–1382, 2008.
- B. Liu, X. Liu, G. Chen, and H. Wang, “Robust impulsive synchronization of uncertain dynamical networks,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 52, no. 7, pp. 1431–1441, 2005.
- G. Zhang, Z. Liu, and Z. Ma, “Synchronization of complex dynamical networks via impulsive control,” Chaos, vol. 17, no. 4, Article ID 043126, p. 9, 2007.
- J. Lu, D. W. C. Ho, and J. Cao, “A unified synchronization criterion for impulsive dynamical networks,” Automatica, vol. 46, no. 7, pp. 1215–1221, 2010.
- Y. Yang and J. Cao, “Exponential synchronization of the complex dynamical networks with a coupling delay and impulsive effects,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications. An International Multidisciplinary Journal, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 1650–1659, 2010.
- Y. Tang, S. Y. S. Leung, W. K. Wong, and J. Fang, “Impulsive pinning synchronization of stochastic discrete-time networks,” Neurocomputing, vol. 73, no. 10–12, pp. 2132–2139, 2010.
- J. Zhou, Q. Wu, and L. Xiang, “Pinning complex delayed dynamical networks by a single impulsive controller,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 58, no. 12, pp. 2882–2893, 2011.
- X. Han, J.-A. Lu, and X. Wu, “Synchronization of impulsively coupled systems,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos in Applied Sciences and Engineering, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1539–1549, 2008.
- W. Sun, F. Austin, J. Lü, and S. Chen, “Synchronization of impulsively coupled complex systems with delay,” Chaos, vol. 21, no. 3, Article ID 033123, 2011.
- T. Yang, Impulsive Control Theory, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2001.
- V. Lakshmikantham, D. D. Bainov, and P. S. Simeonov, Theory of Impulsive Differential Equations, World Scientific, Singapore, 1989.