- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 272567, 9 pages
A Numerical Study on Premixed Bluff Body Flame of Different Bluff Apex Angle
1School of Information Science and Engineering, Hunan City University, Yiyang 413000, China
2School of Electronics and Communications Engineering, Hunan City University, Yiyang, China
3School of Electronics and Information Engineering, Anhui University, Hefei, China
Received 21 October 2012; Revised 28 January 2013; Accepted 28 January 2013
Academic Editor: Zhijun Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Gelan Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. B. Ebrahimi, “Overview of gas turbine augmenter design, operation, and combustion oscillation,” in Proceedings of the AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE 42nd Joint Propulsion Conference, AIAA Paper no. 2006-4916, pp. 5658–5673, July 2006.
- A. Prasad and C. H. K. Williamson, “The instability of the shear layer separating from a bluff body,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 333, pp. 375–402, 1997.
- S. Fujii, M. Gomi, and K. Eguchi, “Cold flow tests of a bluff-body flame stabilizer,” Journal of Fluids Engineering ASME, vol. 100, no. 3, pp. 323–332, 1978.
- L. J. Yue, B. J. Liu, and M. L. Yang, “Study on the near-wake flow behind EBMC flameholder,” Journal of Engineering Thermophysics, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 261–264, 2001.
- Y. Nakamura, “Vortex shedding from bluff bodies and a universal strouhal number,” Journal of Fluids and Structures, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 159–171, 1996.
- D. R. Cuppoletti, J. Kastner, J. Reed, and E. J. Gutmark, “High frequency combustion instabilities with radial V-gutter flameholders,” in Proceedings of the 47th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition, AIAA Paper no. 2009-1176, January 2009.
- A. Sjunnesson, C. Nelsson, and E. Max, “LDA measurements of velocities and turbulence in a bluff body stabilized flame,” Laser Anemometry, vol. 3, pp. 83–93, 1991.
- A. Sjunnesson, P. Henriksson, and C. Löfström, “CARS measurements and visualization of reacting flows in a bluff body stabilized flame,” in Proceedings of the AIAA 28th Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit, AIAA Paper no. 92-3650, Nashville, Tenn, USA, July 1992.
- P. Siewert, Flame front characteristics of turbulent lean premixed methane/air flames at high-pressure [Ph.D. thesis], Poznan University of Technology (PUT), Poznań, Poland, 2006.
- P. Eriksson, “The Zimont TFC model applied to premixed bluff body stabilized combustion using four different RANS turbulence models,” in Proceedings of the ASME Turbo Expo: Power for Land, Sea and Air (GT '07), pp. 14–17, Montreal, Canada, May 2007.
- U. Engdar, P. Nilsson, and J. Klingmann, “Investigation of turbulence models applied to premixed combustion using a level-set flamelet library approach,” Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, vol. 126, no. 4, pp. 701–707, 2004.
- E. Giacomazzi, V. Battaglia, and C. Bruno, “The coupling of turbulence and chemistry in a premixed bluff-body flame as studied by LES,” Combustion and Flame, vol. 138, no. 4, pp. 320–335, 2004.
- P. Wang, Large Eddy simulation of turbulent swirling flows and turbulent premixed combustion [Ph.D. thesis], Lund Institute of Technology, Lund, Sweden, 2005.
- C. Fureby, “Large Eddy Simulation of combustion instabilities in a jet engine afterburner model,” Combustion Science and Technology, vol. 161, no. 1–6, pp. 213–243, 2000.
- I. Porumbel and S. Menon, “Large Eddy simulation of bluff body stabilized premixed flame,” in Proceedings of the 44th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, AIAA Paper no. 2006-152, pp. 1808–1824, January 2006.
- R. R. Erickson and M. C. Soteriou, “The influence of reactant temperature on the dynamics of bluff body stabilized premixed flames.,” Combustion and Flame, vol. 158, no. 12, pp. 2441–2457, 2011.
- N. S. Park and S. C. Ko, “Large Eddy simulation of turbulent premixed combustion flow around bluff body,” Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, vol. 25, pp. 2227–2235, 2011.
- W. W. Kim, J. J. Lienau, P. R. Van Slooten, M. B. Colket, R. E. Malecki, and S. Syed, “Towards modeling lean blow out in gas turbine flameholder applications,” Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, vol. 128, no. 1, pp. 40–48, 2006.
- B. F. Magnussen, “On the structure of turbulence and a generalized Eddy dissipation concept for chemical reaction in turbulent flow,” in Proceedings of the AIAA 19th Aerospace Sciences Meeting, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 1981.
- A. Venugopal, A. Agrawal, and S. V. Prabhu, “Influence of blockage and upstream disturbances on the performance of a vortex flowmeter with a trapezoidal bluff body,” Measurement, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 603–616, 2010.
- A. Venugopal, A. Agrawal, and S. V. Prabhu, “Influence of blockage and shape of a bluff body on the performance of vortex flowmeter with wall pressure measurement,” Measurement, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 954–964, 2011.
- P. G. Mehta and M. C. Soteriou, “Combustion heat release effects on the dynamics of bluff body stabilized premixed reacting flows,” in Proceedings of the 41st AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, AIAA Paper no. 2003-0835, 2003.
- S. J. Shanbhogue, S. Husain, and T. Lieuwen, “Lean blowoff of bluff body stabilized flames: scaling and dynamics,” Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 98–120, 2009.