- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 302706, 20 pages
Dynamic Analysis of Cable-Stayed Bridges Affected by Accidental Failure Mechanisms under Moving Loads
Department of Structural Engineering, University of Calabria, P. Bucci Road, Cubo39-B, Rende, 87030 Cosenza, Italy
Received 21 August 2012; Accepted 14 November 2012
Academic Editor: Xiaojun Wang
Copyright © 2013 Fabrizio Greco et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. S. Cheng, F. T. K. Au, and Y. K. Cheung, “Vibration of railway bridges under a moving train by using bridge-track-vehicle element,” Engineering Structures, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 1597–1606, 2001.
- H. Zhang and X. Xie, “Dynamic responses of cable-stayed bridges to vehicular loading including the effects of the local vibration of cables,” Journal of Zhejiang University, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 593–604, 2011.
- F. Yang and G. A. Fonder, “Dynamic response of cable-stayed bridges under moving loads,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 124, no. 7, pp. 741–747, 1998.
- H. L. Wang, S. F. Qin, Z. Zhang, C. L. Huang, and W. J. Xu, “The Basic differential equations of self-anchored cable-stayed suspension bridge,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 805195, 2010.
- F. T. K. Au, J. J. Wang, and Y. K. Cheung, “Impact study of cable-stayed bridge under railway traffic using various models,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 240, no. 3, pp. 447–465, 2001.
- F. T. K. Au, J. J. Wang, and Y. K. Cheung, “Impact study of cable-stayed railway bridges with random rail irregularities,” Engineering Structures, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 529–541, 2002.
- D. Bruno, F. Greco, and P. Lonetti, “Dynamic impact analysis of long span cable-stayed bridges under moving loads,” Engineering Structures, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 1160–1177, 2008.
- D. Bruno, F. Greco, and P. Lonetti, “A parametric study on the dynamic behavior of combined cable-stayed and suspension bridges under moving loads,” International Journal for Computational Methods in Engineering Science and Mechanics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 243–258, 2009.
- M. S. Troitsky, Cable Stayed Bridges, Crosby Lockwood Staples, London, UK, 1977.
- N. J. Gimsing, Cable Supported Bridges: Concepts and Design, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- P. K. Chatterjee, T. K. Datta, and C. S. Surana, “Vibration of cable-stayed bridges under moving vehicles,” Structural Engineering International, vol. 4, pp. 116–121, 1994.
- T. G. Konstantakopoulos and G. T. Michaltsos, “A mathematical model for a combined cable system of bridges,” Engineering Structures, vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 2717–2728, 2010.
- M. Lepidi, V. Gattulli, and F. Vestroni, “Static and dynamic response of elastic suspended cables with damage,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 44, no. 25-26, pp. 8194–8212, 2007.
- J. Zhu, G. R. Ye, Y. Q. Xiang, and W. Q. Chen, “Dynamic behavior of cable-stayed beam with localized damage,” Journal of Vibration and Control, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 1080–1089, 2011.
- Post-Tensioning Institute, Recommendations for Stay Cable Design, Testing and Installation, Post-Tensioning Institute, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, 2007.
- SETRA, Haubans—Recommandations de la Commission Interministérielle de la Précontrainte, Service d'Etudes Techniques des Routes et Autoroutes, Bagneux, France, 2001.
- D. Bruno, F. Greco, P. Lonetti, and O. Nevone Blasi, “Dynamic interaction of cable supported bridges with traffic loads including the effect of an accidental failure in the cable system. bridge maintenance, safety, management, resilience and sustainability,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Bridge Maintenance, Safety and Management, pp. 2827–2834, 2012.
- M. Wolff and U. Starossek, “Cable loss and progressive collapse in cable-stayed bridges,” Bridge Structures, vol. 5, pp. 17–28, 2009.
- U. Starossek, “Avoiding disproportionate collapse of major bridges,” Structural Engineering International, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 289–297, 2009.
- P. Wriggers, Nonlinear Finite Element Methods, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- J. Lemaitre and J. L. Chaboche, Mechanics of Solid Materials, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1994.
- E. J. Barbero, P. Lonetti, and K. K. Sikkil, “Finite element continuum damage modeling of plain weave reinforced composites,” Composites B, vol. 37, no. 2-3, pp. 137–147, 2005.
- P. Warnitchai, Y. Fujino, and T. Susumpow, “A non-linear dynamic model for cables and its application to a cable-structure system,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 187, no. 4, pp. 695–712, 1995.
- H. Xia, Y. L. Xu, and T. H. T. Chan, “Dynamic interaction of long suspension bridges with running trains,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 237, no. 2, pp. 263–280, 2000.
- K. Kawashima, S. Unjoh, and M. Tunomoto, “Estimation of damping ratio of cable-stayed bridges for seismic design,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 119, no. 4, pp. 1015–1031, 1993.
- H. Yamaguchi and M. Ito, “Mode-dependence of structural damping in cable-stayed bridges,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 72, no. 1–3, pp. 289–300, 1997.
- L. Fryba, Vibration of Solids and Structures Under Moving Loads, Thomas Telford, London, UK, 1999.
- Comsol, Reference Manual. Stockholm: Comsol AB, 2010.
- B. Houriet, J. F. Klein, W. Isler, P. Moia, and R. Walther, Cable Stayed Bridges, Thomas Telford Publishing, 2nd edition, 2003.
- M. Como, A. Grimaldi, and F. Maceri, “Statical behaviour of long-span cable-stayed bridges,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 831–850, 1985.
- D. Bruno and A. Leonardi, “Natural periods of long-span cable-stayed bridges,” Journal of Bridge Engineering, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 105–115, 1997.