- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 346949, 9 pages
Fast Linear Adaptive Skipping Training Algorithm for Training Artificial Neural Network
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Kongu Engineering College, Erode 638 052, India
Received 12 April 2013; Accepted 27 May 2013
Academic Editor: Ker-Wei Yu
Copyright © 2013 R. Manjula Devi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Mehra and B. W. Wah, Artificial Neural Networks: Concepts and Theory, IEEE Computer Society Press, 1992.
- R. P. Lippmann, “An introduction to computing with neural nets,” IEEE ASSP Magazine, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 4–22, 1987.
- A. J. Owens, “Empirical modeling of very large data sets using neural networks,” in Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN '2000), vol. 6, pp. 302–307, July 2000.
- D. Nguyen and B. Widrow, “Improving the learning speed of 2-layer neural networks by choosing initial values of the adaptive weights,” in Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN '90), vol. 3, pp. 21–26, San Diego, Calif, USA, June 1990.
- T. M. Varnava and A. J. Meade Jr., “An initialization method for feedforward artificial neural networks using polynomial bases,” Advances in Adaptive Data Analysis, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 385–400, 2011.
- L. Behera, S. Kumar, and A. Patnaik, “On adaptive learning rate that guarantees convergence in feedforward networks,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1116–1125, 2008.
- N. Ampazis and S. J. Perantonis, “Two highly efficient second-order algorithms for training feedforward networks,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1064–1074, 2002.
- B. M. Wilamowski and H. Yu, “Improved computation for levenbergmarquardt training,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 930–937, 2010.
- H. Yu and B. M. Wilamowski, “Neural network training with second order algorithms,” Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, vol. 99, pp. 463–476, 2012.
- A. Asuncion and D. J. Newman, “UCI Machine Learning Repository,” School of Information and Computer Science, University of California, Irvine, Calif, USA ,2007, http://www.ics.uci.edu/~mlearn/MLRepository.html.