- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 395815, 7 pages
Wind Speed Forecasting by Wavelet Neural Networks: A Comparative Study
College of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Henan Agricultural University, Zhengzhou 450002, China
Received 30 October 2012; Revised 29 December 2012; Accepted 30 December 2012
Academic Editor: Sheng-yong Chen
Copyright © 2013 Chuanan Yao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- O. Carranza, E. Figueres, G. Garcerá, and L. G. Gonzalez, “Comparative study of speed estimators with highly noisy measurement signals for Wind Energy Generation Systems,” Applied Energy, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 805–813, 2011.
- J. Zhao, X. Li, J. Hao, and J. Lu, “Reactive power control of wind farm made up with doubly fed induction generators in distribution system,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 80, no. 6, pp. 698–706, 2010.
- L. Ma, S. Luan, C. Jiang, H. Liu, and Y. Zhang, “A review on the forecasting of wind speed and generated power,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 915–920, 2009.
- J. Li, China Wind Power Outlook 2012, China Environmental Science Press, Beijing, China, 2012.
- E. Cadenas and W. Rivera, “Wind speed forecasting in three different regions of Mexico, using a hybrid ARIMA-ANN model,” Renewable Energy, vol. 35, no. 12, pp. 2732–2738, 2010.
- L. Cao and R. Li, “Short-term wind speed forecasting model for wind farm based on wavelet decomposition,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Deregulation and Restructuring and Power Technologies (DRPT '08), pp. 2525–2529, April 2008.
- S. Y. Chen, C. Y. Yao, G. Xiao, Y. S. Ying, and W. L. Wang, “Fault detection and prediction of clocks and timers based on computer audition and probabilistic neural networks,” Lecture Notes on Computer Science, vol. 3512, pp. 952–959, 2005.
- S. Castellucci and M. Carlini, “Modelling and simulation for energy production parametric dependence in greenhouses,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 590943, 28 pages, 2010.
- H. Liu, H. Q. Tian, C. Chen, and Y. F. Li, “A hybrid statistical method to predict wind speed and wind power,” Renewable Energy, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 1857–1861, 2010.
- L. Landberg, “Short-term prediction of the power production from wind farms,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 80, no. 1-2, pp. 207–220, 1999.
- I. J. Ramirez-Rosado, L. A. Fernandez-Jimenez, C. Monteiro, J. Sousa, and R. Bessa, “Comparison of two new short-term wind-power forecasting systems,” Renewable Energy, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 1848–1854, 2009.
- S. Chen, Y. Zheng, C. Cattani, and W. Wang, “Modeling of biological intelligence for SCM system optimization,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 769702, 10 pages, 2012.
- C. Cattani, “Shannon wavelets for the solution of integrodifferential equations,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 408418, 22 pages, 2010.
- Y. K. Wu and J. S. Hong, “A literature review of wind forecasting technology in the world,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Lausanne PowerTech, pp. 504–509, July 2007.
- M. Bilgili, B. Sahin, and A. Yasar, “Application of artificial neural networks for the wind speed prediction of target station using reference stations data,” Renewable Energy, vol. 32, no. 14, pp. 2350–2360, 2007.
- G. Li and J. Shi, “On comparing three artificial neural networks for wind speed forecasting,” Applied Energy, vol. 87, no. 7, pp. 2313–2320, 2010.
- M. Monfared, H. Rastegar, and H. M. Kojabadi, “A new strategy for wind speed forecasting using artificial intelligent methods,” Renewable Energy, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 845–848, 2009.
- G. Li, J. Shi, and J. Zhou, “Bayesian adaptive combination of short-term wind speed forecasts from neural network models,” Renewable Energy, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 352–359, 2011.
- M. A. Mohandes, T. O. Halawani, S. Rehman, and A. A. Hussain, “Support vector machines for wind speed prediction,” Renewable Energy, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 939–947, 2004.
- J. Zhou, J. Shi, and G. Li, “Fine tuning support vector machines for short-term wind speed forecasting,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 1990–1998, 2011.
- H. Bouzgou and N. Benoudjit, “Multiple architecture system for wind speed prediction,” Applied Energy, vol. 88, no. 7, pp. 2463–2471, 2011.
- S. A. P. Kani and M. M. Ardehali, “Very short-term wind speed prediction: a new artificial neural network-Markov chain model,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 738–745, 2011.
- J. Adamowski and K. Sun, “Development of a coupled wavelet transform and neural network method for flow forecasting of non-perennial rivers in semi-arid watersheds,” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 390, no. 1-2, pp. 85–91, 2010.
- J. Eynard, S. Grieu, and M. Polit, “Wavelet-based multi-resolution analysis and artificial neural networks for forecasting temperature and thermal power consumption,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 501–516, 2011.
- N. Amjady and F. Keynia, “Short-term load forecasting of power systems by combination of wavelet transform and neuro-evolutionary algorithm,” Energy, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 46–57, 2009.
- J. P. S. Catalão, H. M. I. Pousinho, and V. M. F. Mendes, “Short-term wind power forecasting in Portugal by neural networks and wavelet transform,” Renewable Energy, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 1245–1251, 2011.
- S. J. Yao, Y. H. Song, L. Z. Zhang, and X. Y. Cheng, “Wavelet transform and neural networks for short-term electrical load forecasting,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 41, no. 18, pp. 1975–1988, 2000.
- Q. Zhang and A. Benveniste, “Wavelet networks,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 889–898, 1992.
- A. Mellit, M. Benghanem, and S. A. Kalogirou, “An adaptive wavelet-network model for forecasting daily total solar-radiation,” Applied Energy, vol. 83, no. 7, pp. 705–722, 2006.
- Y. Jin, G. Chen, and H. Liu, “Fault diagnosis of analog circuit based on wavelet neural network,” Chinese Journal of Scientific Instrument, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 1600–1604, 2007 (Chinese).
- C. Cattani, S. Chen, and G. Aldashev, “Information and modeling in complexity,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 868413, 4 pages, 2012.
- S. Y. Chen, “Kalman filter for robot vision: a survey,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 59, no. 11, pp. 4409–4420, 2012.
- M. Li, S. C. Lim, and S. Chen, “Exact solution of impulse response to a class of fractional oscillators and its stability,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 657839, 9 pages, 2011.
- S. Y. Chen, H. Tong, and C. Cattani, “Markov models for image labeling,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 814356, 18 pages, 2012.
- W. Huang and S. Chen, “Epidemic metapopulation model with traffic routing in scale-free networks,” Journal of Statistical Mechanics, vol. 2011, no. 12, Article ID P12004, 19 pages, 2011.
- A. Mellit, “Artificial Intelligence technique for modeling and forecasting of solar radiation data: a review,” International Journal of Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 52–76, 2008.