- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 398141, 9 pages
Solving Two-Dimensional HP Model by Firefly Algorithm and Simplified Energy Function
1School of Information Science and Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210096, China
2Grover School of Engineering, The City College of New York, New York, NY 10031, USA
Received 18 December 2012; Accepted 9 January 2013
Academic Editor: Saeed Balochian
Copyright © 2013 Yudong Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. K. Sharma, P. Goloubinoff, and P. Christen, “Heavy metal ions are potent inhibitors of protein folding,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 372, no. 2, pp. 341–345, 2008.
- B. Turner and D. M. J. Lilley, “The importance of G·A hydrogen bonding in the metal ion- and protein-induced folding of a Kink Turn RNA,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 381, no. 2, pp. 431–442, 2008.
- D. Tomkiewicz, N. Nouwen, and A. J. M. Driessen, “Kinetics and energetics of the translocation of maltose binding protein folding mutants,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 377, no. 1, pp. 83–90, 2008.
- O. Fedorova, A. Solem, and A. M. Pyle, “Protein-facilitated folding of group II intron ribozymes,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 397, no. 3, pp. 799–813, 2010.
- B. C. Gin, J. P. Garrahan, and P. L. Geissler, “The limited role of nonnative contacts in the folding pathways of a lattice protein,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 392, no. 5, pp. 1303–1314, 2009.
- Y. Zhang, S. Wang, L. Wu, and Y. Huo, “Artificial immune system for protein folding model,” Journal of Convergence Information Technology, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 55–61, 2011.
- K. F. Lau and K. A. Dill, “Lattice statistical mechanics model of the conformational and sequence spaces of proteins,” Macromolecules, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 3986–3997, 1989.
- R. König and T. Dandekar, “Improving genetic algorithms for protein folding simulations by systematic crossover,” BioSystems, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 17–25, 1999.
- C. J. Lin and M. H. Hsieh, “An efficient hybrid Taguchi-genetic algorithm for protein folding simulation,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 10, pp. 12446–12453, 2009.
- Y. Zhang and L. Wu, “Bacterial chemotaxis optimization for protein folding model,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Natural Computation (ICNC '09), pp. 159–162, Tianjian, China, August 2009.
- A. A. Albrecht, A. Skaliotis, and K. Steinhöfel, “Stochastic protein folding simulation in the three-dimensional HP-model,” Computational Biology and Chemistry, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 248–255, 2008.
- M. Chen, A. D. Dousis, Y. Wu, P. Wittung-Stafshede, and J. Ma, “Predicting protein folding cores by empirical potential functions,” Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 483, no. 1, pp. 16–22, 2009.
- V. Sharma, V. R. I. Kaila, and A. Annila, “Protein folding as an evolutionary process,” Physica A, vol. 388, no. 6, pp. 851–862, 2009.
- Y. Zhang, L. Wu, Y. Huo, and S. Wang, “Chaotic clonal genetic algorithm for protein folding model,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Application and System Modeling (ICCASM '10), pp. V3120–V3124, October 2010.
- X. Zhao, “Advances on protein folding simulations based on the lattice HP models with natural computing,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 1029–1040, 2008.
- “Protein Folding Contest Rules,” http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/contest/contests/11/rules.
- J. Senthilnath, S. N. Omkar, and V. Mani, “Clustering using firefly algorithm: performance study,” Swarm and Evolutionary Computation, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 164–171, 2011.
- M.-H. Horng and R.-J. Liou, “Multilevel minimum cross entropy threshold selection based on the firefly algorithm,” Expert Systems With Applications, vol. 38, no. 12, pp. 14805–14811, 2011.
- X.-S. Yang, S. S. S. Hosseini, and A. H. Gandomi, “Firefly Algorithm for solving non-convex economic dispatch problems with valve loading effect,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 1180–1186, 2012.
- “The science behind Folding,” http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Science.
- A. H. Gandomi, X.-S. Yang, and A. H. Alavi, “Mixed variable structural optimization using Firefly Algorithm,” Computers & Structures, vol. 89, no. 23-24, pp. 2325–2336, 2011.
- M.-H. Horng, “Vector quantization using the firefly algorithm for image compression,” Expert Systems With Applications, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 1078–1091, 2012.