- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 409486, 9 pages
Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm for Unrelated Parallel Machine Scheduling with Release Dates
Department of Industrial Engineering and Systems Management, Feng Chia University, P.O. Box 25-097, Taichung 40724, Taiwan
Received 6 September 2012; Revised 11 December 2012; Accepted 25 December 2012
Academic Editor: Baozhen Yao
Copyright © 2013 Yang-Kuei Lin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. L. Graham, E. L. Lawler, J. K. Lenstra, and A. H. G. Rinnooy Kan, “Optimization and approximation in deterministic sequencing and scheduling: a survey,” Annals of Discrete Mathematics, vol. 5, pp. 287–326, 1979.
- M. L. Pinedo, Scheduling Theory, Algorithms, and Systems, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 2012.
- B. Chen and A. P. A. Vestjens, “Scheduling on identical machines: how good is LPT in an on-line setting?” Operations Research Letters, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 165–169, 1997.
- H. Kellerer, “Algorithms for multiprocessor scheduling with machine release times,” IIE Transactions, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 991–999, 1998.
- C. Koulamas and G. J. Kyparisis, “Makespan minimization on uniform parallel machines with release times,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 157, no. 1, pp. 262–266, 2004.
- G. Centeno and R. L. Armacost, “Minimizing makespan on parallel machines with release time and machine eligibility restrictions,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 1243–1256, 2004.
- G. Lancia, “Scheduling jobs with release dates and tails on two unrelated parallel machines to minimize the makespan,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 120, no. 2, pp. 277–288, 2000.
- A. Gharbi and M. Haouari, “Minimizing makespan on parallel machines subject to release dates and delivery times,” Journal of Scheduling, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 329–355, 2002.
- J. Carlier and E. Pinson, “Jackson's pseudo-preemptive schedule and cumulative scheduling problems,” Discrete Applied Mathematics, vol. 145, no. 1, pp. 80–94, 2004.
- S. Li, G. Li, and S. Zhang, “Minimizing makespan with release times on identical parallel batching machines,” Discrete Applied Mathematics, vol. 148, no. 1, pp. 127–134, 2005.
- C.-L. Li and X. Wang, “Scheduling parallel machines with inclusive processing set restrictions and job release times,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 200, no. 3, pp. 702–710, 2010.
- J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the 1995 IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948, Perth, Australia, December 1995.
- A. H. Kashan and B. Karimi, “A discrete particle swarm optimization algorithm for scheduling parallel machines,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 216–223, 2009.
- P. Damodaran, D. A. Diyadawagamage, O. Ghrayeb, and M. C. Vélez-Gallego, “A particle swarm optimization algorithm for minimizing makespan of nonidentical parallel batch processing machines,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 58, pp. 1131–1140, 2012.
- R. Cheng, M. Gen, and T. Tozawa, “Minmax earliness/tardiness scheduling in identical parallel machine system using genetic algorithms,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 29, no. 1–4, pp. 513–517, 1995.
- Y. K. Lin and C. W. Lin, “Dispatching rules for unrelated parallel machine scheduling with release dates,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2013.
- L. Mönch, H. Balasubramanian, J. W. Fowler, and M. E. Pfund, “Heuristic scheduling of jobs on parallel batch machines with incompatible job families and unequal ready times,” Computers and Operations Research, vol. 32, no. 11, pp. 2731–2750, 2005.
- W. C. Lee, C. C. Wu, and P. Chen, “A simulated annealing approach to makespan minimization on identical parallel machines,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 31, no. 3-4, pp. 328–334, 2006.
- R. H. Myers, D. C. Montgomery, and C. M. Anderson-Cook, Response Surface Methodology: Process and Product Optimization Using Designed Experiments, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2009.