- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 416941, 10 pages
Combined Data with Particle Swarm Optimization for Structural Damage Detection
1Faculty of Infrastructure Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, China
2College of Computer Science and Technology, Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou 310023, China
Received 23 October 2012; Accepted 11 December 2012
Academic Editor: Sheng-yong Chen
Copyright © 2013 Fei Kang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Bakhtiari-Nejad, A. Rahai, and A. Esfandiari, “A structural damage detection method using static noisy data,” Engineering Structures, vol. 27, no. 12, pp. 1784–1793, 2005.
- B. Kouchmeshky, W. Aquino, J. C. Bongard, and H. Lipson, “Co-evolutionary algorithm for structural damage identification using minimal physical testing,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 69, no. 5, pp. 1085–1107, 2007.
- B. H. Koh and S. J. Dyke, “Structural health monitoring for flexible bridge structures using correlation and sensitivity of modal data,” Computers and Structures, vol. 85, no. 3-4, pp. 117–130, 2007.
- F. Kang, J. J. Li, and Q. Xu, “Damage detection based on improved particle swarm optimization using vibration data,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 2329–2335, 2012.
- B. H. Oh and B. S. Jung, “Structural damage assessment with combined data of static and modal tests,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 124, no. 8, pp. 956–965, 1998.
- S. Y. Chen, Y. J. Zheng, C. Cattani, and W. L. Wang, “Modeling of biological intelligence for SCM system optimization,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 769702, 10 pages, 2012.
- P. Z. Lu, S. Y. Chen, and Y. J. Zheng, “Artificial intelligence in civil engineering,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 145974, 22 pages, 2012.
- S. Y. Chen and Y. F. Li, “Automatic sensor placement for model-based robot vision,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 393–408, 2004.
- X. Wang, N. Hu, H. Fukunaga, and Z. H. Yao, “Structural damage identification using static test data and changes in frequencies,” Engineering Structures, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 610–621, 2001.
- R. S. He and S. F. Hwang, “Damage detection by an adaptive real-parameter simulated annealing genetic algorithm,” Computers and Structures, vol. 84, no. 31-32, pp. 2231–2243, 2006.
- B. Sahoo and D. Maity, “Damage assessment of structures using hybrid neuro-genetic algorithm,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 89–104, 2007.
- F. Kang, J. J. Li, and Q. Xu, “Strategy for optimizing sensor placement related to structural health monitoring,” in Proceeding of International Conference on Health Monitoring of Structure, Material and Environment, pp. 474–478, Southeast University Press, Nanjing, China, 2007.
- F. Kang, J. J. Li, and Q. Xu, “Virus coevolution partheno-genetic algorithms for optimal sensor placement,” Advanced Engineering Informatics, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 362–370, 2008.
- K. H. Lee, S. W. Baek, and K. W. Kim, “Inverse radiation analysis using repulsive particle swarm optimization algorithm,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 51, no. 11-12, pp. 2772–2783, 2008.
- S. Y. Chen, C. Y. Yao, G. Xiao, Y. S. Ying, and W. L. Wang, “Fault detection and prediction of clocks and timers based on computer audition and probabilistic neural networks,” in Computational Intelligence and Bioinspired Systems, vol. 3512 of Lecture Notes on Computer Science, pp. 952–959, 2005.
- M. Li, S. C. Lim, and S. Chen, “Exact solution of impulse response to a class of fractional oscillators and its stability,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 657839, 9 pages, 2011.
- S. C. Lim, C. H. Eab, K. H. Mak, M. Li, and S. Y. Chen, “Solving linear coupled fractional differential equations by direct operational method and some applications,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 653939, 28 pages, 2012.
- S. Y. Chen, Y. H. Wang, and C. Cattani, “Key issues in modeling of complex 3D structures from video sequences,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 856523, 17 pages, 2012.
- Z. Teng, J. He, A. J. Degnan, et al., “Critical mechanical conditions around neovessels in carotid atherosclerotic plaque may promote intraplaque hemorrhage,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 223, no. 2, pp. 321–326, 2012.
- J. Kennedy and R. C Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948, December 1995.
- Y. Shi and R. C. Eberhart, “A modified particle swarm optimizer,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation (ICEC '98), pp. 69–73, May 1998.
- Y. Shi and R. C. Eberhart, “Empirical study of particle swarmoptimization,” in Proceeding of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC '99), pp. 1945–1950, July 1999.
- R. Storn and K. Price, “Differential evolution—a simple and efficient heuristic for global optimization over continuous spaces,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 341–359, 1997.
- J. Rönkkönen, S. Kukkonen, and K. V. Price, “Real-parameter optimization with differential evolution,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC '05), pp. 506–513, Edinburgh, Scotland, September 2005.
- D. Karaboga and B. Basturk, “A powerful and efficient algorithm for numerical function optimization: artificial bee colony (ABC) algorithm,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 459–471, 2007.
- F. Kang, J. J. Li, and Q. Xu, “Structural inverse analysis by hybrid simplex artificial bee colony algorithms,” Computers and Structures, vol. 87, no. 13-14, pp. 861–870, 2009.
- F. Kang, J. Li, and Z. Ma, “Rosenbrock artificial bee colony algorithm for accurate global optimization of numerical functions,” Information Sciences, vol. 181, no. 16, pp. 3508–3531, 2011.
- F. Kang, J. Li, and Z. Ma, “An artificial bee colony algorithm for locating the critical slip surface in slope stability analysis,” Engineering Optimization. In press.
- I. Y. Choi, J. S. Lee, E. Choi, and H. N. Cho, “Development of elastic damage load theorem for damage detection in a statically determinate beam,” Computers and Structures, vol. 82, no. 29-30, pp. 2483–2492, 2004.
- T. Huang and A. S. Mohan, “A hybrid boundary condition for robust particle swarm optimization,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 112–117, 2005.
- S. H. Xu and Y. Rahmat-Samii, “Boundary conditions in particle swarm optimization revisited,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 760–765, 2007.
- L. N. de Castro and J. I. Timmis, Artificial Immune Systems: A New Computational Intelligence Paradigm, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- P. Musilek, A. Lau, M. Reformat, and L. Wyard-Scott, “Immune programming,” Information Sciences, vol. 176, no. 8, pp. 972–1002, 2006.
- N. Khilwani, A. Prakash, R. Shankar, and M. K. Tiwari, “Fast clonal algorithm,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 106–128, 2008.
- X. C Zhao, X. S. Gao, and Z. C. Hu, “Evolutionary programming based on non-uniform mutation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 192, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 2007.
- L. C Jiao and L. Wang, “A novel genetic algorithm based on immunity,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics A, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 552–561, 2000.
- T. Yi, H. Li, and X. Zhang, “Sensor placement on Canton Tower for health monitoring using asynchronous-climbing monkey algorithm,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 21, no. 12, pp. 1–12, 2012.
- T. Yi, H. Li, and M. Gu, “Optimal sensor placement for structural health monitoring based on multiple optimization strategies,” The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 881–900, 2011.