- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 451312, 10 pages
Design of PI Controllers for Hydraulic Control Systems
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Kraljevo, University of Kragujevac, Dositejeva 19, 36 000 Kraljevo, Serbia
Received 7 December 2012; Accepted 14 February 2013
Academic Editor: Zoran Gajic
Copyright © 2013 LJubiša Dubonjić et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. G. Ziegler and N. B. Nichols, “Optimum settings for automatic controllers,” Transactions of ASME, vol. 64, pp. 759–768, 1942.
- V. Ž. Filipović and N. N. Nedić, PID Regulators, Scientific Monograph, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Kraljevo, Kraljevo, Serbia, 2008.
- D. B. Ender, “Process control performance: not as good as you think,” Control Engineering, vol. 40, pp. 180–186, 1993.
- W. L. Bialkowski, “Dreams and reality: a view from both sides of the gap,” Pulp Paper Canada, vol. 94, pp. 19–25, 1993.
- M. A. Hersh and M. A. Johnson, “A study of advanced control systems in the workplace,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 771–778, 1997.
- S. Yamamoto and I. Hashimoto, “Present status and future needs: the view from Japanese industry,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Chemical Process Control Chemical Process Control, 1991.
- K. J. Astrom and T. Hagglund, PID Controllers: Theory, Design, and Tuning, Instrument Society of America, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA, 2nd edition, 1995.
- F. G. Shinskey, “How good are our controllers in absolute performance and robustness?” Measurement and Control, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 114–121, 1990.
- K. J. Astrom and T. Hagglund, “New tuning methods for PID controllers,” in Proceedings of the European Control Conference, pp. 2456–2462, Rome, Italy, 1995.
- K. J. Åström, H. Panagopoulos, and T. Hägglund, “Design of PI controllers based on non-convex optimization,” Automatica, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 585–601, 1998.
- Y. G. Wang and H. H. Shao, “Optimal tuning for PI controller,” Automatica, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 147–152, 2000.
- M. R. Mataušek and T. B. Šekara, “PID controller frequency-domain tuning for stable, integrating and unstable processes, including dead-time,” Journal of Process Control, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 17–27, 2011.
- N. Nedić, L. J. Dubonjić, and V. Filipović, “Design of constant gain controllers for the hydraulic control system with a long transmission line,” Forschung im Ingenieurwesen, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 231–242, 2011.
- Yu. I. Neĭmark, “The structure of the D-decomposition of a space of polynomials and the diagrams of Vyšnegradskiĭ and Nyquist,” Doklady Akademii Nauk SSSR, vol. 59, pp. 853–856, 1948 (Russian).
- Y. I. Neĭmark, “Search for the parameter values that make automatic control system stable,” Automatika i Telemehanika, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 190–203, 1948.
- D. Mitrovic, “Graphical analysis and synthesis of feedback control systems. I-theory and analysis, II-synthesis, III-sampled-data feedback control systems,” AIEE Transactions, vol. 77, pp. 476–496, 1959.
- D. Siljak, “Analysis and synthesis of feedback control systems in the parameter plane. I-linear continuous systems, II-sampled-data systems,” AIEE Transactions, vol. 83, pp. 449–466, 1964.
- D. Siljak, “Generalization of the parameter plane method,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 63–70, 1966.
- D. Siljak, Nonlinear Systems: The Parameter Analysis and Design, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1969.
- E. N. Gryazina and B. T. Polyak, “Stability regions in the parameter space: D-decomposition revisited,” Automatica, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 13–26, 2006.
- K. J. Astrom and B. Wittenmark, Computer Controlled Systems. Theory and Design, Prentice-Hall, 1997.
- K. Zhou, J. C. Doyle, and K. Glover, Robust and Optimal Control, Prentice-Hall, 1996.
- A. E. Barabanov, Design of Minimax Controllers, Sankt Peterburg University, 1996.
- S. P. Bhattacharyya, H. Chapellat, and L. H. Keel, Robust Control: The Parametric Approach, Prentice-Hall, 1995.
- M. T. Ho, A. Datta, and S. P. Bhattacharyya, “Control system design using low order controllers: constant gain, PI and PID,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pp. 571–578, Albuquerque, NM, USA, June 1997.
- A. Datta, S. P. Bhattacharyya, and L. H. Keel, Linear Control Theory. Structure, Robustness, and Optimization, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2009.
- K. J. Åström and R. M. Murray, Feedback Systems. An Introduction for Scientists and Engineers, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 2008.
- B. D. Tyreus and W. L. Luyben, “Tuning PI controllers for integrator/dead time processes,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 2625–2628, 1992.