- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 481364, 5 pages
Improved Formulation for the Optimization of Wind Turbine Placement in a Wind Farm
Department of Energy IT, Gachon University, Seongnam 461-701, Republic of Korea
Received 19 February 2013; Revised 14 June 2013; Accepted 16 June 2013
Academic Editor: Ming-Hung Hsu
Copyright © 2013 Zong Woo Geem and Junhee Hong. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Mosetti, C. Poloni, and B. Diviacco, “Optimization of wind turbine positioning in large windfarms by means of a genetic algorithm,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 105–116, 1994.
- S. A. Grady, M. Y. Hussaini, and M. M. Abdullah, “Placement of wind turbines using genetic algorithms,” Renewable Energy, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 259–270, 2005.
- A. Emami and P. Noghreh, “New approach on optimization in placement of wind turbines within wind farm by genetic algorithms,” Renewable Energy, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 1559–1564, 2010.
- B. Rasuo and A. C. Bengin, “Optimization of wind farm layout,” FME Transactions, vol. 38, pp. 107–114, 2010.
- M. Samorani, “The wind farm layout optimization problem,” Tech. Rep., Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, Colo, USA, 2010.
- M. Dorigo, V. Maniezzo, and A. Colorni, “Ant system: optimization by a colony of cooperating agents,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 29–41, 1996.
- Z. W. Geem, J. H. Kim, and G. V. Loganathan, “A new heuristic optimization algorithm: harmony search,” Simulation, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 60–68, 2001.