- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 530349, 9 pages
Performance Recognition for Sulphur Flotation Process Based on Froth Texture Unit Distribution
School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410083, China
Received 30 August 2012; Accepted 20 December 2012
Academic Editor: Bin Jiang
Copyright © 2013 Mingfang He et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Citir, Z. Aktas, and R. Berber, “Off-line image analysis for froth flotation of coal,” Computers and Chemical Engineering, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 625–632, 2004.
- W. Wang, F. Bergholm, and B. Yang, “Froth delineation based on image classification,” Minerals Engineering, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 1183–1192, 2003.
- C. Aldrich, C. Marais, B. J. Shean, and J. J. Cilliers, “Online monitoring and control of froth flotation systems with machine vision: a review,” International Journal of Mineral Processing, vol. 96, no. 1–4, pp. 1–13, 2010.
- V. Hasu, J. Hätönen, and H. Hyötyniemi, “Analysis of flotation froth appearance by design of experiment,” in Proceedings of the IFAC Workshop on Future trends in Automation in Mineral and Metal, pp. 22–24, Espoo, Finland, 2000.
- G. Bonifazi, S. Serranti, F. Volpe, and R. Zuco, “Characteristisation of flotation froth colour and structure by machine vision,” Computers and Geosciences, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 1111–1117, 2001.
- P. N. Holtham and K. K. Nguyen, “On-line analysis of froth surface in coal and mineral flotation using JKFrothCam,” International Journal of Mineral Processing, vol. 64, no. 2-3, pp. 163–180, 2002.
- D. W. Moolman, C. Aldrich, and J. S. J. Van Deventer, “The monitoring of froth surfaces on industrial flotation plants using connectionist image processing techniques,” Minerals Engineering, vol. 8, no. 1-2, pp. 23–30, 1995.
- J. Kaartinen, J. Hätönen, H. Hyötyniemi, and J. Miettunen, “Machine-vision-based control of zinc flotation-A case study,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 1455–1466, 2006.
- B. J. Shean and J. J. Cilliers, “A review of froth flotation control,” International Journal of Mineral Processing, vol. 100, no. 3-4, pp. 57–71, 2011.
- J. J. Liu and J. F. MacGregor, “Froth-based modeling and control of flotation processes,” Minerals Engineering, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 642–651, 2008.
- J. M. Hargrave and S. T. Hall, “Diagnosis of concentrate grade and mass flowrate in tin flotation from colour and surface texture analysis,” Minerals Engineering, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 613–621, 1997.
- N. Saghatoleslam, H. Karimi, R. Rahimi, and H. H. A. Shirazi, “Modeling of texture and color froth characteristics for evaluation of flotation performance in sarcheshmeh copper pilot plant using image analysis and neural networks,” International Journal of Engineering B, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 121–130, 2004.
- G. Bartolacci, P. Pelletier, J. Tessier, C. Duchesne, P. A. Bossé, and J. Fournier, “Application of numerical image analysis to process diagnosis and physical parameter measurement in mineral processes-Part I: flotation control based on froth textural characteristics,” Minerals Engineering, vol. 19, no. 6–8, pp. 734–747, 2006.
- D. C. He and L. Wang, “Texture unit, texture spectrum, and texture analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 509–512, 1990.
- J. X. Li and L. T. Tran, “Nonparametric estimation of conditional expectation,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 139, no. 2, pp. 164–175, 2009.
- L. Guo, H. Wang, and A. P. Wang, “Optimal probability density function control for NARMAX stochastic systems,” Automatica, vol. 44, no. 7, pp. 1904–1911, 2008.
- P. Jampana, S. L. Shah, and R. Kadali, “Computer vision based interface level control in separation cells,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 349–357, 2010.
- D. Beneventi, X. Rousset, and E. Zeno, “Modelling transport phenomena in a flotation de-inking column: focus on gas flow, pulp and froth retention time,” International Journal of Mineral Processing, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 43–57, 2006.
- J. J. Cilliers and C. L. E. Swartz, “Simulation of quantitative fault diagnosis in backfill hydrocyclones,” Minerals Engineering, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 871–882, 1995.
- C. H. Xu, W. H. Gui, C. H. Yang, H. Q. Zhu, Y. Q. Lin, and C. Shi, “Flotation process fault detection using output PDF of bubble size distribution,” Minerals Engineering, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 5–12, 2012.
- T. Kourti, “Process analysis and abnormal situation detection: from theory to practice,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 10–25, 2002.
- D. Hodouin, J. F. MacGregor, M. Hou, and M. Franklin, “Multivariate statistical analysis of mineral processing plant data,” CIM Bulletin of Mmerul Processing, vol. 86, no. 975, pp. 23–34, 1993.
- T. Kourti, “Application of latent variable methods to process control and multivariate statistical process control in industry,” International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 213–246, 2005.
- D. Garcia-Alvarez, M. J. Fuente, and G. I. Sainz, “Fault detection and isolation in transient states using principal component analysis,” Journal of Process Control, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 551–563, 2012.