- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 569286, 7 pages
On a Generalized Laguerre Operational Matrix of Fractional Integration
1Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Beni-Suef University, Beni-Suef 62511, Egypt
3Department of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Cankaya University, Eskisehir Yolu 29.km, 06810 Yenimahalle Ankara, Turkey
4Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
5Institute of Space Sciences, RO 76900, Magurele-Bucharest, Romania
6Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Umm Al-Qura University, Mecca 21955, Saudi Arabia
7Department of Electrical Engineering, Polytechnic of Porto, Institute of Engineering, 4314200-072 Porto, Portugal
Received 18 December 2012; Accepted 18 January 2013
Academic Editor: József Kázmér Tar
Copyright © 2013 A. H. Bhrawy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- S. Das, Functional Fractional Calculus for System Identification and Controls, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 204 of North-Holland Mathematics Studies, Elsevier Science B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- S. Das, K. Vishal, P. K. Gupta, and A. Yildirim, “An approximate analytical solution of time-fractional telegraph equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 18, pp. 7405–7411, 2011.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus Models and Numerical Methods, vol. 3 of Series on Complexity, Nonlinearity and Chaos, World Scientific, Hackensack, NJ, USA, 2012.
- R. Hilfer, Ed., Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, World Scientific, River Edge, NJ, USA, 2000.
- D. Baleanu, J. A. T. Machado, and A. C. J. Luo, Eds., Fractional Dynamics and Control, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2012.
- J. T. Machado, V. Kiryakova, and F. Mainardi, “Recent history of fractional calculus,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 1140–1153, 2011.
- C. M. A. Pinto, “Stability of quadruped robots' trajectories subjected to discrete perturbations,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 2089–2094, 2012.
- H. Jafari, H. Tajadodi, and D. Baleanu, “A modified variational iteration method for solving fractional Riccati differential equation by Adomian polynomials,” Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 109–122, 2013.
- C. M. Ionescu and R. De Keyser, “Relations between fractional-order model parameters and lung pathology in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 978–987, 2009.
- C. M. Ionescu, P. Segers, and R. De Keyser, “Mechanical properties of the respiratory system derived from morphologic insight,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 949–959, 2009.
- S. Bhalekar, V. Daftardar-Gejji, D. Baleanu, and R. Magin, “Transient chaos in fractional Bloch equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 64, no. 10, pp. 3367–3376, 2012.
- S. Esmaeili, M. Shamsi, and Y. Luchko, “Numerical solution of fractional differential equations with a collocation method based on Müntz polynomials,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 918–929, 2011.
- Z. Odibat, S. Momani, and V. S. Erturk, “Generalized differential transform method: application to differential equations of fractional order,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 197, no. 2, pp. 467–477, 2008.
- D. Băleanu, O. G. Mustafa, and R. P. Agarwal, “An existence result for a superlinear fractional differential equation,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 1129–1132, 2010.
- D. Băleanu, O. G. Mustafa, and R. P. Agarwal, “On the solution set for a class of sequential fractional differential equations,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 43, no. 38, p. 385209, 7, 2010.
- E. H. Doha and W. M. Abd-Elhameed, “Efficient solutions of multidimensional sixth-order boundary value problems using symmetric generalized Jacobi-Galerkin method,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 749370, 19 pages, 2012.
- A. H. Bhrawy and Al-Shomrani, “A Jacobi dual-Petrov Galerkin-Jacobi collocation method for solving Korteweg-de Vries equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 418943, 16 pages, 2012.
- A. H. Bhrawy and M. A. Alghamdi, “Numerical solutions of odd order linear and nonlinear initial value problems using shifted Jacobi spectral approximations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 364360, 25 pages, 2012.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, and R. M. Hafez, “On shifted Jacobi spectral method for high-order multi-point boundary value problems,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 3802–3810, 2012.
- A. H. Bhrawy, A. S. Alofi, and S. I. El-Soubhy, “Spectral shifted Jacobi tau and collocation methods for solving fifth-order boundary value problems,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 823273, 14 pages, 2011.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, and R. M. Hafez, “A Jacobi dual-Petrov-Galerkin method for solving some odd-order ordinary differential equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 947230, 21 pages, 2011.
- A. H. Bhrawy and W. M. Abd-Elhameed, “New algorithm for the numerical solutions of nonlinear third-order differential equations using Jacobi-Gauss collocation method,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 837218, 14 pages, 2011.
- A. Saadatmandi and M. Dehghan, “A new operational matrix for solving fractional-order differential equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 1326–1336, 2010.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, and S. S. Ezz-Eldien, “Efficient Chebyshev spectral methods for solving multi-term fractional orders differential equations,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 35, no. 12, pp. 5662–5672, 2011.
- A. H. Bhrawy, A. S. Alofi, and S. S. Ezz-Eldien, “A quadrature tau method for fractional differential equations with variable coefficients,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 2146–2152, 2011.
- A. H. Bhrawy and M. M. Al-Shomrani, “A shifted Legendre spectral method for fractional-order multi-point boundary value problems,” Advances in Differential Equations, 2012.
- B.-Y. Guo and L.-L. Wang, “Modified Laguerre pseudospectral method refined by multidomain Legendre pseudospectral approximation,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 190, no. 1-2, pp. 304–324, 2006.
- D. Funaro, “Estimates of Laguerre spectral projectors in Sobolev spaces,” in Orthogonal Polynomials and Their Applications (Erice, 1990), C. Brezinski, L. Gori, and A. Ronveaux, Eds., vol. 9 of IMACS Ann. Comput. Appl. Math., pp. 263–266, Baltzer, Basel, Switzerland, 1991.
- M. Gülsu, B. Gürbüz, Y. Öztürk, and M. Sezer, “Laguerre polynomial approach for solving linear delay difference equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 15, pp. 6765–6776, 2011.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, and S. S. Ezz-Eldien, “A Chebyshev spectral method based on operational matrix for initial and boundary value problems of fractional order,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 2364–2373, 2011.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, and S. S. Ezz-Eldien, “A new Jacobi operational matrix: an application for solving fractional differential equations,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 36, no. 10, pp. 4931–4943, 2012.
- A. H. Bhrawy and A. S. Alofi, “The operational matrix of fractional integration for shifted Chebyshev polynomials,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 25–31, 2013.
- P. N. Paraskevopoulos, “Chebyshev series approach to system identification, analysis and optimal control,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 316, no. 2, pp. 135–157, 1983.
- P. N. Paraskevopoulos, “Legendre series approach to identification and analysis of linear systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 585–589, 1985.
- E. H. Doha, H. M. Ahmed, and S. I. El-Soubhy, “Explicit formulae for the coefficients of integrated expansions of Laguerre and Hermite polynomials and their integrals,” Integral Transforms and Special Functions, vol. 20, no. 7-8, pp. 491–503, 2009.
- A. K. Singh, V. K. Singh, and O. P. Singh, “The Bernstein operational matrix of integration,” Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 3, no. 49–52, pp. 2427–2436, 2009.
- G. Szegö, Orthogonal Polynomials, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 1959.