- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 581570, 16 pages
A Work-Demand Analysis Compatible with Preemption-Aware Scheduling for Power-Aware Real-Time Tasks
1Department of Information Management, National Taichung University of Science and Technology, No. 129, Section 3, Sanmin Road, North District, Taichung City 404, Taiwan
2Department of Information Management, Hwa Hsia Institute of Technology, No. 111, Gongzhuan Road, Zhonghe District, New Taipei City 235, Taiwan
3Department of Information Management, National Dong Hwa University, No. 1, Section 2, Da Hsueh Road, Shoufeng, Hualien 97401, Taiwan
Received 4 January 2013; Accepted 13 April 2013
Academic Editor: Yang Tang
Copyright © 2013 Da-Ren Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Aydin, R. Melhem, D. Mossé, and P. Mejia-Alvarez, “Power-aware scheduling for periodic real-time tasks,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 584–600, 2004.
- J.-J. Chen and C.-F. Kuo, “Energy-efficient scheduling for real-time systems on dynamic voltage scaling (DVS) platforms,” in Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications(RTCSA '07), pp. 28–35, Taipei, Taiwan, August 2007.
- F. Gruian, “Hard real-time scheduling for low-energy using stochastic data and DVS processors,” in Proceedings of the 2001 International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISPLED '01), pp. 46–51, ACM Press, Huntington Beach, Calif, USA, August 2001.
- X. C. He and Y. Jia, Energy-Efficient Scheduling Fixed-Priority Tasks with Preemption Thresholds on Variable Voltage Processors, vol. 4672 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- W. Kim, J. Kim, and S. L. Min, “A dynamic voltage scaling algorithm for dynamic- priority hard real-time systems using slack time analysis,” in Proceedings of the 2002 Design Automation and Test in Europe (DATE '02), pp. 788–797, Paris, France, March 2002.
- W. Kim, J. Kim, and S. L. Min, “Dynamic voltage scaling algorithm for fixed-priority real-time systems using work-demand analysis,” in Proceedings of the 2003 International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISPLED '03), pp. 396–401, ACM Press, New York, NY, USA, August 2003.
- P. Pillai and K. G. Shin, “Real-time dynamic voltage scaling for low-power embedded operating systems,” in Proceedings of the 18th ACM symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP '01), pp. 89–102, ACM Press, New York, NY, USA, October 2001.
- G. Quan and X. S. Hu, “Energy efficient fixed-priority scheduling for real-time systems on variable voltage processors,” in Proceedings of the 2001 Design Automation Conference (DAC '01), pp. 828–833, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, June 2001.
- D. Shin, J. Kim, and S. Lee, “Intra-task voltage scheduling for low-energy hard real-time applications,” IEEE Design and Test of Computers, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 20–29, 2001.
- J. W. S. Liu, Real-Time Systems, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2000.
- W. Kim, J. Kim, and S. L. Min, “Preemption-aware dynamic voltage scaling in hard real- time systems,” in Proceedings of the 2004 International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISPLED '04), pp. 393–398, ACM Press, New York, NY, USA, August 2004.
- B. Mochocki, X. S. Hu, and G. Quan, “Transition-overhead-aware voltage scheduling for fixed-priority real-time systems,” ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems, vol. 12, no. 11, no. 2, Article ID 1230803, 2007.
- W. Kim, D. Shin, H. -S. Yun, J. Kim, and S. L. Min, “Performance evaluation of Dy23 namic voltage scaling algorithms for hard real-time systems,” Journal of Low Power Electronics, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 207–216, 2005.
- M. Weiser, B. Welch, A. Demers, and S. Shenker, “Scheduling for reduced CPU energy,” in Proceedings of the 1st USENIX conference on Operating Systems Design and Implementation, vol. 1, pp. 13–23, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 1994.
- T. D. Burd, T. A. Pering, A. J. Stratakos, and R. W. Brodersen, “Dynamic voltage scaled microprocessor system,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 1571–1580, 2000.
- Advanced Micro Devices, “Mobile AMD athlon 4 processor model 6 CPGA data sheet,” Technique Report 24332, Advanced Micro Devices, Sunnyvale, Calif, USA, 2003.
- T. D. Burd and R. W. Brodersen, “Design issues for dynamic voltage scaling,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED '00), pp. 9–14, Redondo Beach, Calif, USA, July 2000.
- F. M. David, J. C. Carlyle, and R. H. Campbell, “Context-switch overheads for linux on ARM platforms,” in Proceedings of the 2007 Workshop on Experimental Computer Science (ExpCS '07), vol. 3, San Diego, Calif, USA, June 2007.